My Ambiophonics Setup

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Probably you clicked a wrong link. No one played the video last 60 minutes. Anyway, don’t bother. It will sound crap to you.
I'm not saying I think your setup sounds like crap, just that it can't be properly heard in a YouTube video.

STC

STC

Junior Audioholic
My early attempts for 60 degrees crosstalk cancellation.

STC

STC

Junior Audioholic
I tried crosstalk cancellation with cheap speakers like SHARP and they sounded good too. All recordings were made with Sennheiser AMBEO headset microphones. Please use headphones to listen to hear the sweet spot perspective heard in-situ

This is with the Sharp speakers. I will make one more with Sharp and 30 mini HT speakers for artificial ambiance. The only drawback is the CPU requirement for full concert hall sound. Currently it is at 82% of i9-9900K to process the convolution using real concert hall impulse response.

Same track with Sound Lab

Full range sound with 32 speakers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Are you gonna get all mad again when I point out that YouTube recordings are not a very good way to showcase the way something sounds..?

STC

STC

Junior Audioholic
Are you gonna get all mad again when I point out that YouTube recordings are not a very good way to showcase the way something sounds..?
No I won’t. I only pity for audiophiles who tried that and realized it cannot sound good due to crosstalk. It is funny that there are thousands if not millions of Youtube songs which sounds quite good and I am like millions others can enjoy them.

I am not expecting someone to compare youtube sound with Cd or hirez but all Youtube sound will be affected similarly unless one is so confused and hoping to hear lossless sound. But it would be interesting how a typical stereo playback would sound with similar microphones unless the objective is capture the source without the room ambiance then a videomic would sound pretty good. Width, ambiance and frequency up to 16kHz can be well preserved in YT.

STC

STC

Junior Audioholic
Except for the speakers. Rest are Crown XLS, Motu24Ao and Mogami cable. The tonal accuracy is close to the original Youtube audio of the same track.

Alison Krauss- It wouldn’t have made a difference.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis