My 5.2 Setup 2

Discussion in 'Pros and Joes Systems Gallery' started by Pogre, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Pogre Audioholic Ninja

Pogre
    I have no formal training when it comes to photography, but even I can see those are in dire need of... everything that makes a good pic a good pic.
  2. KEW Audioholic Spartan

KEW
    If you want to build the case...They have the weight of a nice heavy drape and also provide some thermal insulation!
    KEW,
  3. everettT Audioholic Field Marshall

everettT
    Good thing is that most smart phones have high quality cameras, with almost fail proof ability . You took the time to care about the shots, that in itself shows you care about your gear not only audible but visually.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Verdinut Senior Audioholic

Verdinut
    I've just happened to see this thread.

Congrats indeed for a good looking setup and an impressive system. It's unfortunate that we are located far apart, cause I would have liked to go visit you and listen to your gear.

I am sure that it will give you a great enjoyment for a long time. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
  5. pewternhrata Full Audioholic

pewternhrata
    @Pogre all your posts persuaded me to get the ultra books, and every time I see the the towers I'm more and more jealous, hopefully one day, in the meantime I still get grief from the wife lol. Well worth it though.
  6. Pogre Audioholic Ninja

Pogre
    Honestly you're not missing a whole lot if you have a sub or 2. I can definitely get some more volume out of the towers, but I was really happy using the bs as my mains for quite a while.
  7. William Lemmerhirt Audioholic Samurai

William Lemmerhirt
    @Pogre!!!!!! Where U been? Inspection services good?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. panteragstk Audioholic Field Marshall

panteragstk
    No kidding. It was strangely quiet...almost.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Pogre Audioholic Ninja

Pogre
    I've been... busy? Haven't launched yet and my partner is starting to show some incompetence and has some trouble with comprehension. Might be going solo on this one. I don't want to get wrapped up with someone who seems to be afflicted with the Dunning-Krueger effect...

Broke my foot the middle of December so that set me back a little. At this moment. I guess I'm still in "time off" mode for now. I'll be going back home to PA here in a little over a week to see my aging grandmother and the rest of my family. It's a ten day trip, which is a pretty big deal for someone who has become a bit agoraphobic as of late... Gonna have to start pulling up some bootstraps before too long tho. I still have more studying to do before I retake the national exam.

All is well and I haven't blown any speakers or amplifiers, LOL. I very recently helped a friend set up a half way decent system in his condo. He bought a couple of my hand me downs and a Dayton 12' sub I recommended. First time hearing one of those. I was honestly impressed at what it can do for what it is. I have no problem recommending them for anyone on a budget.
    • Like Like x 2