Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Figured since there have been some significant changes I'd just start a new thread. :)

20170716_115902-1305x734.jpg

41502.jpeg

41500.jpeg

20170702_170315-1305x734.jpg

20170702_150336-1305x734.jpg

20170629_094250-1305x734.jpg

Thank you to everyone at AH for helping me select each and every piece of my equipment. I have a far better system than I thought I would ever own. It is not an exaggeration to say I now own the nicest system I've ever listened to. It brings me a lot of joy and I just love having it. Music and movies have never sounded so good.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Very nice setup, Pogre. It's no Bose lifestyle system, but I am sure it still sounds very good. ;)

I do think the black curtains complement the speakers and sub very well. Bye the way, do you have plans for any upgrades in the future, like Atmos channels? Another thing you can do is get a sub in the near-field, right behind you, if you have room. If you don't think that will make a difference, try it with one of your existing subs. Place it right behind you, firing right into your main listening position, just for a couple hours. After you do that, you will hate me.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Very nice setup, Pogre. It's no Bose lifestyle system, but I am sure it still sounds very good. ;)

I do think the black curtains complement the speakers and sub very well. Bye the way, do you have plans for any upgrades in the future, like Atmos channels? Another thing you can do is get a sub in the near-field, right behind you, if you have room. If you don't think that will make a difference, try it with one of your existing subs. Place it right behind you, firing right into your main listening position, just for a couple hours. After you do that, you will hate me.
Thank you Shady. You're one of the ones who helped me put it all together.

I'm pretty satiated for upgrading now. I've been thinking about atmos as a next step. I think the Prime Elevation speakers would work well in my room. I'm thinking they might mount to my vaulted ceiling and fire almost straight down, you think?

A third nearfield sub. No shady. I'm not gonna try it. Not until I have some money to by another one! I have a feeling I'd like it a lot lot... but who knows what the future holds? For right now I'm pretty good.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If you can get the elevation speakers to fire straight down, I think that would work well. If not that, then in-ceiling or in-wall speakers installed on your ceiling aiming down at you.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
@Pogre. It's a very nice system indeed! I do feel a little guilty about ribbing you about getting the towers. Oh wait...no. No, I don't! Lol. Although it hasn't helped my own upgraditis, I much appreciate you sharing your journey, and thanks for letting me blabber in your threads. Fwiw the primes probably would work nicely for atmos in your room. Just sayin... lol. Jk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre. It's a very nice system indeed! I do feel a little guilty about ribbing you about getting the towers. Oh wait...no. No, I don't! Lol. Although it hasn't helped my own upgraditis, I much appreciate you sharing your journey, and thanks for letting me blabber in your threads. Fwiw the primes probably would work nicely for atmos in your room. Just sayin... lol. Jk
Thanks for the compliments and humor Liam. Having folks to share the journey with me was half the fun! And I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm a bit of a fan of blabbering myself. :p I don't mind it in my threads at all. As long as it's good conversation or just plain funny I'm all for it. I'm not a stickler for being on topic.

*Edit: I don't regret buying the towers one bit. I've been giving this system a good workout the last week. These towers can take some power and I've been feeding it to them!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

You sure are an enabler for the near field subs. Two isn't enough. You're just trying to get people in trouble at this point.

I'll have somewhat near field in my HT when I get the time to start putting things together so consider me one of your victims. :D

@Pogre very nice. All you need is your elevation speakers and a new TV and you're good to go until the next neat thing comes along. o_O

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You sure are an enabler for the near field subs. Two isn't enough. You're just trying to get people in trouble at this point.

I'll have somewhat near field in my HT when I get the time to start putting things together so consider me one of your victims. :D

@Pogre very nice. All you need is your elevation speakers and a new TV and you're good to go until the next neat thing comes along. o_O
When you get your HT put together, let me know how it sounds. The closer you can get that sub to your listening position, the more punch and headroom it will have. Some people love the tactile sensation, others feel it is distracting. For me, that subwoofer placement gives me the best frequency response in room and well as the most punch.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That's it! I am moving to Arizona asap. Hopefully, Pogre has an extra room......LOL!!!! That is a setup fit for a King! No really, looking good and I already know it sounds even better. Congrats! Keep up the good work. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's it! I am moving to Arizona asap. Hopefully, Pogre has an extra room......LOL!!!! That is a setup fit for a King! No really, looking good and I already know it sounds even better. Congrats! Keep up the good work. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Ha ha! Thanks Phil. I do love it. Puts a smile on my face every day.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

I'll be doing my best to resist any neat new thing that comes out. It'd have to be pretty damned significant for me to even consider it. I have a lot of money in it now. Upgrading I fear would be very painful for a number of reasons, lol.

That being said, yeah. I think you're right. a few prime elevation speakers and a tv and I'm pretty set.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Figured since there have been some significant changes I'd just start a new thread. :)

View attachment 21685
View attachment 21690
View attachment 21691
View attachment 21686
View attachment 21687
View attachment 21688

Thank you to everyone at AH for helping me select each and every piece of my equipment. I have a far better system than I thought I would ever own. It is not an exaggeration to say I now own the nicest system I've ever listened to. It brings me a lot of joy and I just love having it. Music and movies have never sounded so god.
Great set up Pogre!

Knowledge is power...a lot of posters at AH have it, and more importantly willing to share it. I know I've benefited as well.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
SVS is asking for some customer pics on Facebook so I snapped a couple off and submitted these three.

45441-1160x653.jpeg
45444-1186x667.jpeg
45445-1173x660.jpeg

It's no big deal. No prize or anything. Might get featured in a slideshow or something. I think they turned out pretty nice so I'm shamelessly bumping my thread. :p

You guys should see some of the competition...

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Facebook is asking for some customer pics so I snapped a couple off and submitted these three.

View attachment 21816 View attachment 21817 View attachment 21818

It's no big deal. No prize or anything. Might get featured in a slideshow or something. I think they turned out pretty nice so I'm shamelessly bumping my thread. :p

You guys should see some of the competition...
Is this SVS's facebook page?
Not sure how SVS will stomach posting photos of Hsu subs on their page, LOL!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Is this SVS's facebook page?
Not sure how SVS will stomach posting photos of Hsu subs on their page, LOL!
Yeah it's their fb page. I thought about that, but people are posting pics and you can't even see the speakers! There are a few sub pics with other brands of speakers too.

FB_IMG_1501987188966.jpg
FB_IMG_1501987245675.jpg
FB_IMG_1501987175004.jpg

That's some of "the competition". It's not an advert or magazine shoot, lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I had been assuming your curtains were light-blocking.
If you are looking for some, I can recommend this as a good value:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026SAHAW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I like grommets on a rod because it is easy to flick them open holding the curtain below.
I'm actually not looking for light blocking at the moment. We don't watch a lot of tv during the day and those curtains were cheap. I'm listening to music pretty much all day.

*Edit: I do like the ones you linked though! I'm gonna show my wife. I might get those. The price is right, that's for sure.

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Good lord, those pics are, for the most part the do's and don't of photography, neatness, and setup. Hopefully after they see your clean setup they will put a bullet in the chamber :)

Yeah it's their fb page. I thought about that, but people are posting pics and you can't even see the speakers! There are a few sub pics with other brands of speakers too.

View attachment 21819 View attachment 21820 View attachment 21821

That's some of "the competition". It's not an advert or magazine shoot, lol.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis