Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
I'm verey confused I thought it was Alex and Doug not Alex and Adam oh god :(

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Did Chris actually complete those? I thought I remember their being all sorts of drama over them. You make me want to leave work early fire up the table saw and finish the electronics for my speakers.
Don't threaten me with finishing a speaker project in under a decade.

Yeah, Chris completed those and Jerry owns and listens to them.

I don't think you can finish the electronics with the table saw. It's not going to work. :p :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Don't threaten me with finishing a speaker project in under a decade.

Yeah, Chris completed those and Jerry owns and listens to them.

I don't think you can finish the electronics with the table saw. It's not going to work. :p :D
Yeah who am I to talk about taking a while with a project. Right now I'm working on the boxes housing the electronics. The speaker enclosure construction is complete.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Speaker Enclosures Ready for testing on Electronic Enclosures

Electronic Enclosure Completed Middles

Gluing Up the last Electronic Enclosure Middle.

Speaker Front

Speaker Back

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
The build has begun this will be the interior structure of the speakers. They will be inside a constraint layer composed of roofing felt. Then an exterior plywood structure will be built around the interior structure. The bracing will be significant and their will be an 3" port.

WinISD model

Box notes was used to compute the interior the bracing is more
Seems like just yesterday we saw the beginning, congrats on being so close to the finish.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Bipole 3-way? Like really bipole. I wasn't expecting one speaker to have 6 drivers. That'll run up the cost pretty quick but it's got my attention. Now I really do want to hear what you think of their sound. At first I thought you put binding posts on the front.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Bipole 3-way? Like really bipole. I wasn't expecting one speaker to have 6 drivers. That'll run up the cost pretty quick but it's got my attention. Now I really do want to hear what you think of their sound. At first I thought you put binding posts on the front.
The tweeters are from Andrew. The Midrange Dome's where one of Chris's favorites. The woofers are reused from the RB Kit. I really wanted some SB Acoustics drivers, but those aren't cheap. They sounded good in the initial testing before an inductor burned out on my minidsp. What's funny is at the beginning of the project the minidsp and chip amps didn't even exist on the consumer market. I wouldn't attempt this without a fully active design.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
1 step closer.
Yeah, buddy! I remember Andrew selling those tweeters. So the enclosure above is for the chip amps? How about a link for that? I assume you have a DCX2496?

Your clamp selection is remarkable. I'm a little jealous. :)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, buddy! I remember Andrew selling those tweeters. So the enclosure above is for the chip amps? How about a link for that? I assume you have a DCX2496?

Your clamp selection is remarkable. I'm a little jealous. :)
I have 3 minidsp boards for the crossovers. One for each speaker they will be with the chip amp in the enclosure. The corner clamps are by far my best investment to date sawz suggested them.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
The tweeters are from Andrew. The Midrange Dome's where one of Chris's favorites. The woofers are reused from the RB Kit. I really wanted some SB Acoustics drivers, but those aren't cheap. They sounded good in the initial testing before an inductor burned out on my minidsp. What's funny is at the beginning of the project the minidsp and chip amps didn't even exist on the consumer market. I wouldn't attempt this without a fully active design.
What chip amps are you using? The Hypex Ncore? Did you build them or buy them?

Dang, man, you design your speakers for what will be on the market in the next several years! :eek: Kind of like the Xbox/PS4/Computer design cycle. :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
What chip amps are you using? The Hypex Ncore? Did you build them or buy them?

Dang, man, you design your speakers for what will be on the market in the next several years! :eek: Kind of like the Xbox/PS4/Computer design cycle. :D
Sure 4x100 they are no longer in production, but if I need more power upgrading is easy. I can always recut the boxes now with the table saw it's way easier to do cutting. Next up is either is probably a router table. Really want one as easy as the saw though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis