Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
My desktop computer with Windows 11 Pro seems to have changed how a Word doc is minimized/maximized. I am accustomed to the old fashioned way in minimize where you can move the borders to resize and drag it to a different part of your screen. Now when I click minimize, the doc disappears and all you get is a tiny box with the 3 buttons that are usually in the top right corner of your header or window, whatever. Also, if you hover your curser over the min/max button a whole bunch of rectangles show up. I do not know how to use any of that. Can someone tell me how to get it back to the old fashioned way?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I just noticed that that window full of rectangles opens with a folder also, but the min/max on folders works fine.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Doncha just love "helpful" updates like that? I have barely used Word altogether, mostly to read rather than create documents. What do you use it for?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Doncha just love "helpful" updates like that? I have barely used Word altogether, mostly to read rather than create documents. What do you use it for?
All kinds of stuff. Right now I was making a list of LP's recorded. Actually several docs. Like a-c, d-f, etc. But yeah, I use it for service performed on my bike, work vehicle, mileage (for taxes), just a myriad of things. MS Word has been a great tool for me since the year 2000.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
All kinds of stuff. Right now I was making a list of LP's recorded. Actually several docs. Like a-c, d-f, etc. But yeah, I use it for service performed on my bike, work vehicle, mileage (for taxes), just a myriad of things. MS Word has been a great tool for me since the year 2000.
I've used Excel more for that sort of thing. Even then it can be frustrating if you misremember commands/settings. Mostly I stick to printed receipts/stuff for products and still file in a filing cabinet like I did most of my business life. Often easier to access as long as you got the volume of space to accommodate :)

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I've used Excel more for that sort of thing. Even then it can be frustrating if you misremember commands/settings. Mostly I stick to printed receipts/stuff for products and still file in a filing cabinet like I did most of my business life. Often easier to access as long as you got the volume of space to accommodate :)
I have never used Excel. Wish someone could pipe in who knows how I can fix it. I did see a yt on putting it back to default settings. I'll try that. You'd think that'd do it. But.... gotta do it later. Time to work on tomorrow's route. They send my delivery jobs to my work phone every evening. Then I make a route on my other phone with a pretty cool route app called Route 4 Me.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good luck. Back to default rather than "anticipated to be helpful" settings sometimes works.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
My desktop computer with Windows 11 Pro seems to have changed how a Word doc is minimized/maximized. I am accustomed to the old fashioned way in minimize where you can move the borders to resize and drag it to a different part of your screen. Now when I click minimize, the doc disappears and all you get is a tiny box with the 3 buttons that are usually in the top right corner of your header or window, whatever. Also, if you hover your curser over the min/max button a whole bunch of rectangles show up. I do not know how to use any of that. Can someone tell me how to get it back to the old fashioned way?

Excel does this to me sometimes and I've always been able to drag the corner out to my preferred size. Is that not an option for you?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Excel does this to me sometimes and I've always been able to drag the corner out to my preferred size. Is that not an option for you?
No, because normally, once it's maximized that drag option isn't there. It's only there in the minimal option. And now my minimal option, the doc is gone... not gone, just unviewable until you maximize it again.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
No, because normally, once it's maximized that drag option isn't there. It's only there in the minimal option. And now my minimal option, the doc is gone... not gone, just unviewable until you maximize it again.
Right, that's exactly what happens to me with Excel sometimes, but I'm able to drag the corners out from that minimized 3 icons only bar to get the view I want. Is that not the case for you?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Oh. Hmm. I'll give that a whirl tomorrow. On my tablet at the moment. Hope that's it. That'd be cool.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Right, that's exactly what happens to me with Excel sometimes, but I'm able to drag the corners out from that minimized 3 icons only bar to get the view I want. Is that not the case for you?
That did it! Awesome! Thx a million.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
That did it! Awesome! Thx a million.
Nice. That was going to be my suggestion. Sometimes a window that is not maximized gets resized accidentally to a small box. Thus the menus and other window options are not visible. As long as you can hover your mouse over one of the corners and get the double arrow, you can resize the window again to make it larger.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis