Mountain biking with pics

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Last week at Waldo Lake with the Dire Wolf...
20160907_140735.jpg

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
2010 race on my last 26er, Giant Anthem 1. I smiled for the camera.

BK Addison 2010.jpg

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Nice trails, we don't have mountains since I live in north Texas but we have some fun trails. There are around 22 trail systems that are all maintained by DORBA which is our local organization.

I have done my share of riding in AZ and CO. I want to make it up to BC at some point.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Had to take the new ride up to an old favorite today.....big storm coming in so this could be the last ride in prime conditions....

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
@lovinthehd
@ParadigmDawg
The new Marin B-17 is the bike in my sights now!
https://www.marinbikes.com/bikes/b-17-1
I don't think it's gone on sale yet. Maybe I can hold off till about this time next year and try to scoop one up on clearance.

I'm not too familiar with Marin, but I know they been around just about as long as the sport has. This bike checks all the boxes for me!

I had to get my Cujo in the shop for first tuneup. I broke a spoke, and got my first flat after 5 months of riding! I am absolutely sold on tubeless tires now! I am very happy with the Cujo overall, and especially at the price I paid.

These 27.5+ tires do seem to wear a bit quicker than my 29" XC tires though.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Reach out to John 'Zaph' Krutke. He's an avid mountain biker (zaphaudio.com)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Cool pics, great looking bikes, just wish my old knees would let me continue but I'm now relegated to light duty trail riding, oh well, I'll live vicariously through you guys !

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I haven't been riding much(still fighting shoulder injury) but about to try and get back into it. Here is my rack connected to my new Hot-Rod on my last ride.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
@lovinthehd
@ParadigmDawg
I don't think it's gone on sale yet. Maybe I can hold off till about this time next year and try to scoop one up on clearance.

I'm not too familiar with Marin, but I know they been around just about as long as the sport has. This bike checks all the boxes for me!

I had to get my Cujo in the shop for first tuneup. I broke a spoke, and got my first flat after 5 months of riding! I am absolutely sold on tubeless tires now! I am very happy with the Cujo overall, and especially at the price I paid.

That Marin looks cool. I bought my Ex GF a Marin like 30 years ago. It was a cool bike so I am sure they are great today.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@lovinthehd
@ParadigmDawg

I've ridden the B-17 trail not long after it was built in Marin (at Tamarancho) but don't know much about Marin bikes altho a friend of mine did pr business with the founder but never got to meet him. A buddy of mine from Marin and his wife and some friends of theirs rode the Mt Vision models for years (they're now on Ibis HD4s). I was working the TransCascadia race (shuttle driver) this last week and saw a new Mt Vision one of the racers had, nice looking rig. If the B-17 ticks off your requirements I'm sure it would be a good ride.

I'm still liking the 27.5+ too, haven't had unusual tire wear, altho I do tend to scrape logos on the sidewalls squeezing thru rocks that previous wheels cleared better :)

Check out some of the pics and videos of the TransCascadia, the coolest mountain bike race/event there is.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I've ridden the B-17 trail not long after it was built in Marin (at Tamarancho) but don't know much about Marin bikes altho a friend of mine did pr business with the founder but never got to meet him. A buddy of mine from Marin and his wife and some friends of theirs rode the Mt Vision models for years (they're now on Ibis HD4s). I was working the TransCascadia race (shuttle driver) this last week and saw a new Mt Vision one of the racers had, nice looking rig. If the B-17 ticks off your requirements I'm sure it would be a good ride.

I'm still liking the 27.5+ too, haven't had unusual tire wear, altho I do tend to scrape logos on the sidewalls squeezing thru rocks that previous wheels cleared better :)

Check out some of the pics and videos of the TransCascadia, the coolest mountain bike race/event there is.
Where exactly is that race, in OR?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Where exactly is that race, in OR?
Exactly isn't a good way to define this event, it's what they call a blind enduro format. This time it was in Oregon, in the Oakridge area and the upper McKenzie River area. It's sort of a secret even to the racers until each day's stages as to exactly what/where they'll be riding. Could be Washington next time, maybe Oregon again, maybe both. Racer registration fee this year was $2200 (each). There is a trail building/maintenance component to the event as well that takes place outside the event itself.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Exactly isn't a good way to define this event, it's what they call a blind enduro format. This time it was in Oregon, in the Oakridge area and the upper McKenzie River area. It's sort of a secret even to the racers until each day's stages as to exactly what/where they'll be riding. Could be Washington next time, maybe Oregon again, maybe both. Racer registration fee this year was $2200 (each). There is a trail building/maintenance component to the event as well that takes place outside the event itself.
That actually answered the question in my head. I watched one of the videos, said I have to put riding that area on my bucket list and you defined an area as McKenzie River area which is already on my bucket list.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That actually answered the question in my head. I watched one of the videos, said I have to put riding that area on my bucket list and you defined an area as McKenzie River area which is already on my bucket list.
I'd ride Oakridge first :) McKenzie River Trail is what that area is most famous for, and one of our lodging spots was the Belknap Hot Springs along the trail on the river, but the riding was upriver, beyond the headwaters of the McKenzie, in the McKenzie and Detroit districts of the Willamette National Forest

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I'd ride Oakridge first :) McKenzie River Trail is what that area is most famous for, and one of our lodging spots was the Belknap Hot Springs along the trail on the river, but the riding was upriver, beyond the headwaters of the McKenzie, in the McKenzie and Detroit districts of the Willamette National Forest
I don't know what any of that means but I will likely have my wife with me so I will be looking for fun, flowy non-tech trails. We don't need a lot of elevation either since we are used to 700 ft. I just want something cool with all that vegetation and big tress.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know what any of that means but I will likely have my wife with me so I will be looking for fun, flowy non-tech trails. We don't need a lot of elevation either since we are used to 700 ft. I just want something cool with all that vegetation and big tress.
In that case maybe the lower section of the MRT (McKenzie River Trail) may be better....perhaps around Oakridge the Alpine or Dead Mtn trails but depends on WAF.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
In that case maybe the lower section of the MRT (McKenzie River Trail) may be better....perhaps around Oakridge the Alpine or Dead Mtn trails but depends on WAF.
Something like this video at the Alpine would be awesome.

Are these shuttle runs? I didn't see anyone pedaling in any of the videos I watched.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I haven't been riding much(still fighting shoulder injury) but about to try and get back into it. Here is my rack connected to my new Hot-Rod on my last ride.

What staging professional photos now :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis