lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
082916 waldo bronson ride.jpg
082916 waldo bronson ride 2.jpg
waldo 090116 5010.jpg
waldo 090116 5010 2.jpg
waldo 090116 the twins.jpg
Didn't see a running thread and speakerman39 (Phil) said I should post some pics I sent him so here's some I took the last few days while demoing some bikes up at Waldo Lake this week.

Any other mountain bikers around here?

ps the bikes are a Santa Cruz Bronson C and a 5010 C....

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
View attachment 19087 View attachment 19088 View attachment 19089 View attachment 19090 View attachment 19091 Didn't see a running thread and speakerman39 (Phil) said I should post some pics I sent him so here's some I took the last few days while demoing some bikes up at Waldo Lake this week.

Any other mountain bikers around here?

ps the bikes are a Santa Cruz Bronson C and a 5010 C....
Breath takingly beautiful! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Phil

PS Too bad you didn't get any pics of that bear doing his deed.....LOL!!!! J/K Chris! :D:D:p:D:D

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@ParadigmDawg Cool, thanks for the links, can see who some of the cyclists around here are. Nice rigs/rack you got there. Many years ago almost moved to your area, actually bought a place in Grapevine back in '80, but the business didn't work out so never actually moved in. Mostly lived in SF Bay Area, Oakridge OR now.

I just ordered a Santa Cruz Hightower CC with the X01 27.5+ kit in the Matte Black/Mint scheme; maybe will build a set of 29" wheels for it later.
hightowerccmattemint.jpg

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
Not quite as dramatic as the OP photos, however, the trails were awesome. Copper Harbor, Upper Peninsula Michigan. Wish I had my squishy bike at that time.

Top of Brockway Mountain.

CH flow 4.JPG

CH Flow1.JPG

Copper Harbor 2.JPG

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
image.jpg
My RIP that I built up after Copper Harbor.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
@ParadigmDawg Cool, thanks for the links, can see who some of the cyclists around here are. Nice rigs/rack you got there. Many years ago almost moved to your area, actually bought a place in Grapevine back in '80, but the business didn't work out so never actually moved in. Mostly lived in SF Bay Area, Oakridge OR now.

I just ordered a Santa Cruz Hightower CC with the X01 27.5+ kit in the Matte Black/Mint scheme; maybe will build a set of 29" wheels for it later.
View attachment 19097
Nice bike. I am actually just back on the bike after tearing my Achilles's several months ago. It will likely be another 6 months before I can MTB and I was released to start slow easy road biking last Friday. I rode 18 miles on Friday and 25 miles yesterday. It felt OK but still nowhere near normal.

It feels good to no longer be wearing this thing:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nice bike. I am actually just back on the bike after tearing my Achilles's several months ago. It will likely be another 6 months before I can MTB and I was released to start slow easy road biking last Friday. I rode 18 miles on Friday and 25 miles yesterday. It felt OK but still nowhere near normal.

It feels good to no longer be wearing this thing:
Damn, hope you heal quickly and are back at full strength soon! It seems all I have to do is look at my old knees crosseyed sometimes and they put me off the bike for a month, or couple at a time, these days.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not quite as dramatic as the OP photos, however, the trails were awesome. Copper Harbor, Upper Peninsula Michigan. Wish I had my squishy bike at that time.

Top of Brockway Mountain.
Always wanted to ride that area of Michigan, probably won't at this point though. Rarely leave this area, we have some great trails so no need to :). The trail around Waldo is but one of many excellent trails around here. My nonsquishy bikes don't get a lot of attention these days either....

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
While Copper Harbor is an IMBA destination trail, you can cover it all fairly quickly. It's an awesome trail compared to the typical XC orineted trails in lower MI. I hear the Marquette trails, which are 150mi south of Copper Harbor are extremely cool to. Marquette is an 8+hr drive for me, with kids, it's hard to arrange the time to do it. One day soon though.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
One more. Me in Alafia River State Park in Florida. Who knew Florida had mountain bike trails that weren't flat. It's a old phosphate mine with some.....features. I was about 10ft away and did not want to get any closer. Saw 3 total, this was by far the biggest. Probably 8-10ft long. Poor picture.

Gator resized.JPG

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
Actually I was wrong, one more. Me and about 4000 friends getting ready to start the Barry-Roubaix gravel grinder race in late March early April, a few years ago.

Barry-Roubaix jpeg.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While Copper Harbor is an IMBA destination trail, you can cover it all fairly quickly. It's an awesome trail compared to the typical XC orineted trails in lower MI. I hear the Marquette trails, which are 150mi south of Copper Harbor are extremely cool to. Marquette is an 8+hr drive for me, with kids, it's hard to arrange the time to do it. One day soon though.
We're one of six gold level IMBA ride centers here; don't need to drive but an hour or so to the furthest trailhead in the area. While often not much of a view from trails in the woods, once in a while we climb up for a view, here's looking out at the next stop on our ride this day, looking at Sawtooth from Cowhorn Mtn.
cowhorn to sawtooth.jpg

More often it looks like this, on Cloverpatch near Tire Mountain
cloverpatch.jpg

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
We're one of six gold level IMBA ride centers here; don't need to drive but an hour or so to the furthest trailhead in the area. While often not much of a view from trails in the woods, once in a while we climb up for a view, here's looking out at the next stop on our ride this day, looking at Sawtooth from Cowhorn Mtn.View attachment 19119

More often it looks like this, on Cloverpatch near Tire Mountain
View attachment 19120
You're a lucky man....

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
One more. Me in Alafia River State Park in Florida. Who knew Florida had mountain bike trails that weren't flat. It's a old phosphate mine with some.....features. I was about 10ft away and did not want to get any closer. Saw 3 total, this was by far the biggest. Probably 8-10ft long. Poor picture.

View attachment 19117
Awesome pic! You know ever since I got a taste of gator tail I just don't look at gators the same way.......LOL!!! Gator tail is absolutely delicious! People say it tastes just like chicken and they are right. I actually think gator tail tastes more like chicken nuggets. Just with more flavor-richer/stronger if you will. Thanks for the pic!

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You're a lucky man....
LOL pretty much nothing to do with luck, quite deliberate actually. Mtn biking has been my main passion for many many years. Could have been more "successful" elsewhere.

B

BrianT

Enthusiast
Whoa nice shots man! Wish we had this beautiful scenery in Denmark! :(

H

Hocky

Full Audioholic
Looks like some fun trails. It has been a bad riding year for me. I am about 1000 trail miles off pace at this point.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hey, thanks for the beta, should be hitting Eugene tonight, squeaky Dean in tow (my townie these days, but still as light and thrashable as ever). Those trails look great.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hey, thanks for the beta, should be hitting Eugene tonight, squeaky Dean in tow (my townie these days, but still as light and thrashable as ever). Those trails look great.
Raining now, so the dirt should be especially good! If you come on out from Eugene, come to the Willamette Mountain Mercantile for all the trail info, shuttle info, or even a nice Santa Cruz or Ibis demo....or pm me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis