Motorcycle accident, I think I'm gonna live.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Brian - Very nice ride! Are these all the pics you have? :rolleyes:

Ninja - I think you are right about ABS being on the BMW's and Goldwings. Not sure of any others. I have never been on a bike with them but I have a friend with a BMW and he says that they work great.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well I'm basically put-up for the rest of the season this year, But next year I think I'll be buying a "bagger". Since most of my riding is several hundred mile daytrips. Which one depends on the pending lawsuit.

No settlement = Honda Shadow Tourer. Only built from 98-2001, so It'll be used. Ebay has them for around $4000-$5000.

Good Settlement =Harley-Davidson Road King or Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Ninja: you're showing your age. Progressing from the crotch-rocket to the touring bike is a sure sign of motorcycle maturation.

I've had one of the original crotch rockets since 1980...a 1972 Triumph Bonneville. Back in the day ('60's and early '70's) nothing could touch the British bikes (Triumph, Norton, BSA). I've since mellowed to a couple of BMW's, although I still have my Bonneville (and I thought it was an old bike in 1980!).

Either way, it's good to hear you were not another DOT statistic. Godspeed!

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just found this thread...

...Hope all is moving along well a few months later. How is the insurance situation? Sounds like you are ok from the spill, nothing permanent. I feel your pain, I have so many crashes on motorcycles, between riding on the street, racing, and riding dirt bikes, I can't even guess how many times I bounced down the road.:eek: All I can say is I'm glad it was nothing permanent and everyone is allright.

I've found if you get a copy of the insurance companies policies and read carefully, you can generally find some gray areas and use those as leverage. I've successfully done that a few times to get my stuff paid for. Generally, insurance companies seem to try to not acknowlege motorcycles as a legitimate vehicle. Bottom line is, she caused an accident. If you were walking down the road and she hit you, you'd be covered, same as if you were on a bicycle. If her insurance is not valid, then her parents are responsible.

Either way, I'm curious how this has turned out so you.

Jack

btw, that Moto Guzzi is a really nice bike. It definately gets my vote as a replacement.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis