Motorcycle accident, I think I'm gonna live.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
Did I mention it was a 1995 Ford Taurus? I already know they don't have any money :p

I just need medical bills & bike repairs. If I don't get a "personal inury" settlement I'll still be able to sleep at night (I didn't get one when I hit the deer), if I do get a settlement I don't expect it to be for any serious amount of money.
I was the same when this happened to me. But now, 20 years later, I have all kinds of problems that could have come from that day. It's way too late for me to do anything now. Wish I had thought ahead back then.
Did they have insurence? If so, they don't need to be rich.

V

Vart

Audioholic
Glad to hear there were no major injuries. Where did this happen R&R?

JeffD2.

JeffD2.

Audioholic
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
Did I mention it was a 1995 Ford Taurus? I already know they don't have any money :p

I just need medical bills & bike repairs. If I don't get a "personal inury" settlement I'll still be able to sleep at night (I didn't get one when I hit the deer), if I do get a settlement I don't expect it to be for any serious amount of money.
I'm in similar situation here in NYS. You won't have to sue the teenager or her parents. NYS requires a minimum of $25,000 liability for each driver. These resources can be pooled under "no fault" (your insurance and theirs, $50,000 total minimum coverage), in the event a reward exceeds one driver's liability policy.

FORTUNATELY, your injuries don't appear to warrant such a reward that would exceed any single or combined liability coverages if you decided to pursue some legal action. IMO, it's doubtful you would be taking anyone's house, etc.

You might however be able get a dream system courtesy of GEICO.:)

Get well!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
As for the waiting: Both us are kinda gimped-up, BUT, my friend (in process of divorce) has been camped-out in my spare room for two weeks! Instant butler!
Just add beer?

Mr. & Mrs. Ninja,

Good to hear your both getting along okay.:)

While I am not a sue happy kind of guy please make sure you ask your doctors and a lawyer alot of questions about your future years. Then make sure her then your insurance company is held responsible if possible for future medical bills of any kind. You'll be glad you did. I wouldn't want to take someones house, but the insurance companies need to take care of you to the fullest extent of the two policies.)

Did you know that not being able to have "relations" with Mrs. Ninja gets you money! A broke limb (on her) never stopped me!:rolleyes:

Seriously, take care of your wife and yourself,
SBF1

p.s. Feel free to sue the mother-in-law all you want!:D :D :D

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
As for the waiting: Both us are kinda gimped-up, BUT, my friend (in process of divorce) has been camped-out in my spare room for two weeks! Instant butler!

Hey, that could be good marriage counseling. After a week or so of being Mr. Nurse/Butler, he may want to try and make up with the wife:eek: :D

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Does anyone here think I should hire one of those TV injury lawyers that have commercials at 2am?

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Road Rash!

Damaged Bike. Notice the bent forks, damaged tank, snapped off turn signal, and hunk of red plastic wedged in the windshield that used to be her turnsignal.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
That's a shame about the bike Ninja:( - as it looks quite nice - as well, it was kept up well (from what I can see)...
Glad you're ok..:)

Here is the one I may get (would be my first Harley) - within 2 to 3 months.
(Harley 1200 Sportster Low)

EDIT:: Pic removed - as I did not get this bike... (see a few posts later)

This would be about my 9th+ bike..

Also, I always liked the FJRs..
And am thinking of getting one of those (instead of the Harley)..

I have had some Harley look alikes - but was never into Harleys. The closest was my Virago 1000.

Here is the FJR-1300.

Unfortunately, I don't have good credit - and would have to use my 5K bond. So I will probably end up with this.... (Ninja 500R)

But I will try my hardest for the Harley.:)
(specially since my wrists and back are so bad, I can't really ride the sport bikes comfortable anymore...)

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I go away for 5 days and someone nearly dies.... its a sign. :eek:

Glad to hear you're OK. You are VERY lucky to only have some road rash, you should have been in a full body cast.

Good to see you'll be posting more,

SheepStar

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....nothing, sounds or feels like a Harley....Brian, you need that robo-cop lookin', half-breed crotch-rocket about like I need a V-Max, haha....noooooo, I bees lovin' that acceleration of a V-Max up to about 110, hit fourth and hold it a couple of seconds, and hit fifth going into a Loooooooooong rack....sweet...then here comes a a guy on a toy-of-death all bent over doin' 170, a 600 crotch-rocket will do that....like I said the other night, the fastest one you can buy legally, will do 186 out of the crate....not for me, Sir, and whatever kind of bike you buy, you'll try it out for the reason you bought it, probably over-and-over....crotch-rockets should be illegal and only ridden on a closed circuit, with the sand and gravel trucks sittin' in the stands eatin' popcorn.....

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
I have had many motorcycles in my life. About six street bikes and ten dirt bikes. My last street bike was about twenty years ago (damn I am getting old quickly). A 750cc Honda Interceptor. It would run right up to 130 fairly quickly then and that was about it. The fastest bike I ever road was Yamaha FJ1100 and that was scary fast to me. Today's crotch rockets are so much faster it boggles my mind. On the highway recently a guy pulled up beside and then did a power wheelie at 60 mph! That would never come close to happening in the "good old days".

I never went down on any of the street bikes, I was lucky. I did go down a lot on the dirt bikes. Once I was able to come to the conclusion that the ceilings of all emergency rooms looked alike I hung up my helmet. I do miss it though.

Glad you came through it OK Ninja. Be well.

Regards, Nick

Last thoughts , if you have a $25 head, buy a $25 helmet, and always ride as though you are invisible to the cars on the road.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I remember many times riding the 900 Ninja I had years ago. I'd get on the ramp to a highway and punch it a little to feel the power. By time I'd reach the highway I'd be doing 150+mph. I switched to Harleys in late 86. I'd do the same power test and look down to see that I was doing 80mph. OK, 80 is better I thought. Drove Harley's up till two weeks ago.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Building a house. The extras have added up to more than we expected. My 98 Lowrider got us an extra $10k to play with. That means quarts countertops instead on lamanent. Truss flooring intead of polls in the middle of the room (screwing up my pool table) Extra insulation, nicer colors, etc.......etc.....etc......etc.....

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

brian32672 said:
Here is the one I may get (would be my first Harley) - within 2 to 3 months.

But I will try my hardest for the Harley.:)
(specially since my wrists and back are so bad, I can't really ride the sport bikes comfortable anymore...)
My last bike was a 1200 Sportster and I'd personally suggest against it. It is neither fast, comfortable, nimble, reliable, or as good a resale "investment" as they would have you believe. Save your money and get a twin-cam "big twin" (well .... 88" is big for Harley, all the Japanese manf's have 100"+ engines available, Kawasaki has a 125" V-twin), they outclass the sporty in everyway and nobody will give you any schit about the girl bike (or half-a-harley, dirtbike, whatever sportster slur is popular now).

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
It is neither fast, comfortable, nimble, reliable, or as good a resale "investment"
I've been riding my buddies 1200 lately. Yeah, it's not fast - But I find it comfortable (but I say this because the majority of the bikes I've had - were sport bikes)
I would say the same - it is also not nimble - as it takes turns quite hard..

Reliable - well, I've never thought of any Harley being reliable...
But the buds bike is 4 years old 16,000 miles and has never had any repairs needed - never been in the shop - other than regular oil changes.

I am still debating...
With my finances - I will probably have to go with the Ninja.... (for now);)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
WOW, just saw this. I'm glad you are OK. I've lusted after cycles ever since I was about 15 and rode one for the first time. Electrifying. After witnessing one accident that was likely fatal (that kind of thing really affects you), coming onto the scene of fatal motor cycle accidents (quite a few for some reason, someone telling me something?), and hearing the stories of good friend's horror and near fatal incidents, I decided not to get one. I'm lucky I survived my car accident.... I have a titanium rod and some scars to remind me every day.

Heal quick.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
get well soon! that's why I don't ride something that doesn't stand on its own ...

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
My experience with Harleys the last 12+ years has been that the reliability issue is a non issue. I've had several and most of the problems I had were self created:rolleyes: The only problem I had that was not was on a '97 Fat Boy. The speedo quit with about 1.8k on it. Other than that, no probs with about 6 of them.
The only 1200 I had that handled OK was a 1200 custom. They have a 21" front wheel, 16" back and lowered suspension. My buddy I ride with had a standard 1200 and I would run off and leave him in the curves without even knowing it or really pushing it. They won't even come close, obviously, to a sport bike, though in handling.
I have to agree that the bigger bikes are the better choice for resale as for some reason the sporties have a bad rep. Only problem is they are 2-3 times the price:(

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

I just got done from having another set of X-Rays done on my ankle. The D.A. called to find-out what happened at the accident because the cage driver is trying to have her ticket thrown-out! This would negate her insurance company from having to pay anything! :mad: So I called an injury lawyer, now get this:

NY state 'No Fault' insurance does NOT consider a motorcycle a motor-vehicle. Basically their insurance could likely not have to pay for anything and I'll be stuck with $10,000+ in worthless wrecked motorcycle and multiple hospital visits.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I am so angry right now. The insurance system is completely F'ed. Why do I have to pay for it if they won't even cover me? I'm going to see the lawyer on Friday, so I hope he has some better news for me.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis