panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Lmao!! Well said! Lolo. I did that with my 1st, wife Big Mistake! When I took some of her power away, well she became my 1st Ex. Lol
It's like when people tell me to ask permission to do something. I don't have a boss, I have a wife. I do what I want, she does what she wants. It just so happens that we both want the same thing.

Lots of people really don't understand this concept. One of my friend's sister said "you mean you don't care if she cheats on you?" I told her it was weird that if her husband "let" her do what she wants that the first thing would be to cheat on him. She was confused after that. Some people are bad at relationships.

Weirdly enough before that same friend was going to get married my wife went to his fiance's bachelorette party she asked my wife how different her soon to be husband would be after they got married. My wife's response was "he won't be". This lady somehow thought that when she got married he'd magically turn into someone else. Crazy that people think that way, or even marry a person that they don't apparently like all that much.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Lmao!! Well said! Lolo. I did that with my 1st, wife Big Mistake! When I took some of her power away, well she became my 1st Ex. Lol
...and I appreciate that ... she was pretty hot and gave me some of the best "spite sex" I ever had!
Thank you!
(ducking and running for cover!):p:D

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
It's like when people tell me to ask permission to do something. I don't have a boss, I have a wife. I do what I want, she does what she wants. It just so happens that we both want the same thing.

Lots of people really don't understand this concept. One of my friend's sister said "you mean you don't care if she cheats on you?" I told her it was weird that if her husband "let" her do what she wants that the first thing would be to cheat on him. She was confused after that. Some people are bad at relationships.

Weirdly enough before that same friend was going to get married my wife went to his fiance's bachelorette party she asked my wife how different her soon to be husband would be after they got married. My wife's response was "he won't be". This lady somehow thought that when she got married he'd magically turn into someone else. Crazy that people think that way, or even marry a person that they don't apparently like all that much.
Bro, that's a good post I let my 1st, wife handle all the money from jump, it wasn't till year's later I decided to stop doing that. Didn't go over well with her. Never give or even let anyone have that much power. Totally agree, you get in a relationship and you let your significant other do what they want, cheating will be the first thing.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I had forgotten what this thread started as until I read the OP. Man do we take things a different direction. And quickly. :confused:

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Very true. I've had some things not even come with one. Just a link to the manual online. That's a different kind of irritating.
Oh man, yes! I decided to do a contest last weekend. Anyway, I was trying to get setup for the contest and the instructions were not in the back. Had to go to the website. Website doesn't exist. WTF?!?!?!? I used choice words that morning. Got going, but cost me all kinds of time figuring it out.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

I'm with you on this! We are partners, not supervisors.

Like my wife will call and ask if it is OK to go out with the co-workers for a drink after work. I tell her, "you don't need my permission, be safe and give me a call if you need a driver".

And, I don't need my wife's permission to spend $ on something that will bring me (or us) greater satisfaction or value than $ in our pocket would. Now, for a large purchase that may be something that we don't NEED, maybe $600+ or so, I will usually run it by her first as a courtesy, and to be sure there isn't some other large expense coming up that I forgot about.

And, if I were still single, my audio, bicycle, and other hobbies would likely be out of control. Not that the wifey nags me about it, but it is good to have another person that you trust to help keep you in check.

Have you ever heard the saying:

A woman marries a man and expects him to change, and he does not.
A man marries a woman expecting her not to change, but she does.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm with you on this! We are partners, not supervisors.

Like my wife will call and ask if it is OK to go out with the co-workers for a drink after work. I tell her, "you don't need my permission, be safe and give me a call if you need a driver".

And, I don't need my wife's permission to spend $ on something that will bring me (or us) greater satisfaction or value than $ in our pocket would. Now, for a large purchase that may be something that we don't NEED, maybe $600+ or so, I will usually run it by her first as a courtesy, and to be sure there isn't some other large expense coming up that I forgot about.

And, if I were still single, my audio, bicycle, and other hobbies would likely be out of control. Not that the wifey nags me about it, but it is good to have another person that you trust to help keep you in check.

Have you ever heard the saying:

A woman marries a man and expects him to change, and he does not.
A man marries a woman expecting her not to change, but she does.
Yep. That saying is very true.

Sounds like your relationship is a lot like mine. We both have trust in each other to the point we don't have to worry that the other one will do something bad/dumb/etc. Some people stress way too much about what their spouse is doing when they aren't around them. I don't plan to ever have that problem.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Yep. That saying is very true.

Sounds like your relationship is a lot like mine. We both have trust in each other to the point we don't have to worry that the other one will do something bad/dumb/etc. Some people stress way too much about what their spouse is doing when they aren't around them. I don't plan to ever have that problem.
Life is too short to live that way. Always worrrying about what your spouse is up to. Nope. We make sure the kids are clothed, fed, and at school on time (mostly). We support each other and work together to get things done. Partnership. A heck of a lot less stressful.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
All I know is that my wife is nuts.

Seriously.

Just had a conversation where she was irked that I'm lending my (very responsible) older sister my minivan for a week for them to take on a trip. That's a 2004 minivan that has 170,000 miles on it. She has her own car to drive, also a minivan. I have a second vehicle to drive.

Why are women nuts? I actually asked her, and she didn't have a good answer, though she did seem to understand that it was a bit nuts.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Seriously.

Just had a conversation where she was irked that I'm lending my (very responsible) older sister my minivan for a week for them to take on a trip. That's a 2004 minivan that has 170,000 miles on it. She has her own car to drive, also a minivan. I have a second vehicle to drive.

Why are women nuts? I actually asked her, and she didn't have a good answer, though she did seem to understand that it was a bit nuts.
My wife and middle kid (daughter, 4) are both nuts, but in an blurting out randomly that cupcakes sound good sort of way. My friends in college used to try to get my wife to drink with us just because she'd quit being shy and actually talk to us and was hilarious. My 4 yo does it sober. The most random things come out of that kids mouth.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Seriously.

Lol!
The saying in my house is “men are stupid, women are crazy”

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis