Monster Cable Sues Blue Jeans Cable

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Monster Cable has issued a Cease-and-Desist order to Blue Jeans Cable (Tartan Cable) over analogue cable connectors. In particular, the design of the Tartan component, composite, coax digital and stereo audio cables supposedly violates Monster Cable's design patents. What makes this slightly comical is that the owner of Blue Jeans Cable is a lawyer by trade. We hope he takes this as far as it needs to go to shut down the lawsuit and end this nonsense.

Digg this story if you want to spread the news around the Internet.

Discuss "Monster Cable Sues Blue Jeans Cable" here. Read the article.

J

jamie2112

Banned
More, More, More

What a load of hi dollar BS that is. The owner of Blue Jeans being a lawyer is a beautiful thing. Can't wait to see the outcome of this....

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I don't understand what Monster is defending. None of their technologies are unique that I am aware of. This is like McDonalds suing somebody for selling hamburgers.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
1. This proves my point: Monster is the cable equivalent of scientology.

2. If any newbies or established members ever wonders why there's a vitriolic
hate for anything Monster, read the editorial.

3. They hate BJC, because they do an equivalent or in some cases a better
product at a fair price while Monster can't justify it's prices to persons
who are into this hobby.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
I'd say they're much like Bose as well: spouting off their superiority, but not a lot of scientific design behind their products.

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

1. This proves my point: Monster is the cable equivalent of scientology.
Now thats funny as hell! Do you think Tom Cruise uses monster cable? Kirsty Alley, John Travolta, and Monster cable can all go to hell. L Ron Hubbard my butt.

Please support Blue Jeans Cables either by purchase or donation! Or BOTH!

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Now thats funny as hell! Do you think Tom Cruise uses monster cable? Kirsty Alley, John Travolta, and Monster cable can all go to hell. L Ron Hubbard my butt.

Please support Blue Jeans Cables either by purchase or donation! Or BOTH!
Rick you've read my mind, I've been e-mailing all my buddies to make sure to support BJC, either through purchases or an encouraging e-mail, or any way they can.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Support for BJC

I guess I'm taking this a bit personal, but I think Monster should grow up, they make tons of money, what's the need to bother BJC? Think about it, BJC is neither in Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal Mart nor any retail establishment, they're only accessible online, they cater to smart A/V consumers and they charge a fair price for top quality merchandise. If you guys can, please, take the time to e-mail them, at least let them know you appreciate their business and they should fight the green Monster, there are many of us here that own BJC products, we always take the time to recommend them to newbies throughout. Let the folks at BJC know that you care, hey it might be their jobs on the line if this gets out of control, I for one would hate to see BJC go the way of the dinosaur, we need small companies like them as an alternative to the pricey monsters of the business world.

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
They should change there name from "Monster" to "Bully"

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Unbelievable... my first reaction is "What the hell?!?" I think that's my only reaction and it succintly states its point. Screw Monster Cable - I think I am going to take what random Monster cables I have in my collection (all of them sitting unused), put them in a big pile in my backyard and burn them. I'll videotape the whole event and send it straight to Monster HQ.

Grrrr... :mad:

moggi1964

moggi1964

Audioholic
Well I just bought 5 speakers so it looks like I am off to BJC for my cabling.

This is one time I hope a lawyer makes money from a lawsuit :cool:

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I emailed them. I said it was like watching a bully pick on a kid half his size.:mad:

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I guess I'm taking this a bit personal, but I think Monster should grow up, they make tons of money, what's the need to bother BJC? Think about it, BJC is neither in Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal Mart nor any retail establishment, they're only accessible online, they cater to smart A/V consumers and they charge a fair price for top quality merchandise. If you guys can, please, take the time to e-mail them, at least let them know you appreciate their business and they should fight the green Monster, there are many of us here that own BJC products, we always take the time to recommend them to newbies throughout. Let the folks at BJC know that you care, hey it might be their jobs on the line if this gets out of control, I for one would hate to see BJC go the way of the dinosaur, we need small companies like them as an alternative to the pricey monsters of the business world.
I agree - these days Big Business has a way of stamping out small companies all for the sake of greed and monopolizing certain industries and markets. What BJC products I have purchased have all been of superior quality, dollar for dollar and are built to last and perform up to standards that even a true die-hard audiophile would adhere to.

Funny thing is, with their digital coax - for example, I purchased a length of this for my needs, is Belden 1694, which is high brilliance coax used in many video applications as well, paired with sturdy RCA crimp on connectors. I have a spool of Belden 1505A and RCA-1 crimp ons, and I have built several of my own coax interconnects in this fashion. Come on Monster - sue me too!! You rotten sons of b**tches....

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

I emailed them and suggested that they put up a Paypal Donation Button on their site. I would be more than happy to donate.

If I were monster, I'd be ashamed of myself.

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
think I am going to take what random Monster cables I have in my collection (all of them sitting unused), put them in a big pile in my backyard and burn them. I'll videotape the whole event and send it straight to Monster HQ.
I can't tell you how awesome that would be. Youtube it as well...get the word out there.

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
Email heck ... I'll send one but I'm going to order that dump-load of cables that I've been putting off a while ...

BTW: I don't mind if people take this personally!! This is a case of the bully trying to squeeze out competition through force instead of building a better mousetrap at a better price.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
We should get an online petition in support of Blue Jeans Cable on this website. Audioholics has a lot of power in the audio/video media world. Blue Jeans Cable is a great company, well run, great products and decent prices. That later can not be said about Monster:p.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis