Monoprice Monolith THX-460T vs Encore T6

M

MattBDad

Audiophyte
Looking to compare THX-460T vs Encore T6. Is the THX tower significantly better? I'm interested in hearing opinions on why one tower may be better than another.

I'm also looking to pair the selected tower speakers with a THX-365C center channel. Would the Encore T6 pair well? Or again, would I be significantly better off going with the Monolith THX speakers for LCR?

500Homeruns

Audiophyte
I would also be interested if anybody has any experience comparing these two speakers.

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
It would be interesting to see a subjective & objective data comparison of the two. They can both measure well enough to do the job. But maybe one sounds more natural than another with dialog? I'm really curious about the driver differences as the 460T's mid driver is so small. Ultimately if these are being used in a home theater, I can't imagine either being significantly different because most dialog will come from the center channel, and these are just going to have non-dialog sound mostly coming from them. Would you really notice a difference of a particular non-vocal non-instrument sound coming from one as being different in a superior way? I'm not so sure.

I'd love to see a shoot out of all the latest budget towers anyways. I'm a sucker for good budget towers. Especially if they can get close to around 30hz in a room with two of them. And as long as the voices don't sound tinny or metalic, it's usually all good. And I don't like overly bright treble. Prefer wide horizontal dispersion where possible for better room and overall seating coverage on-axis.

I would buy all these budget towers just for fun, but it's too difficult to flip them or trade locally, unlike shipping headphone around, and all my rooms are currently full and have a set of towers in them.

Very best,

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis