Monolith by Monoprice HTP-1 16 Channel Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Home Theater Processor w/Dirac & Alexa Compatibility

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've been keeping tabs on the HTP-1 Owners Thread, too. (Think I saw you over there, as well, @RichB ).
Some good info from the guys bold enough to be early adopters!

:)
Here are some pictures of the actual unit showing the 8 inputs:

Monolith6.jpg

Monolith5_small.jpg

And, Baby Yoda, just because :p

BabyYoda.jpg

- Rich

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Ninja
I've been keeping tabs on the HTP-1 Owners Thread, too. (Think I saw you over there, as well, @RichB ).
Some good info from the guys bold enough to be early adopters!

:)
My main panel is 1080p, not sure about early adoption :eek:

When I do the new theater in a few months, I'll be looking at this type of processing, so I praise all that walk before me.

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
That system recovery covered with a screw are interesting. I wonder if there is red button that loads the unit back to initial state.
That would be brilliant.

- Rich

B

berdugo

Audiophyte
I really like to buy one to replace my Anthem AVM40. Waiting for the HDMI 2.1 to be available.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I get it that people would not want to spend a ton until HDMI 2.1 although I’m not convinced it all goes perfectly for 8K on HDMI 2.1 based on past history with HDMI standards. LOL :)

B

berdugo

Audiophyte
HDMI 2.1 could take a couple of years to be implemented on the Monolith HTP-1.
Yeah, most likely.

I'm from the Philippines, so if I buy it now and want to upgrade it later to hdmi 2.1 would cost my lots of money just for shipping alone, plus the extra time delay.

If I live there in the USA, I would buy it once available again in their website.

I'm hoping hdmi 2.1 upgrade will be available this year.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
We have measurements!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Ninja
We have measurements!
And a heap'o'controversy to boot! the ASR and AVS forums are bustling with it! :rolleyes:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just think it's hilarious when they start comparing THD of 0.0008% vs 0.003% vs 0.005%, etc.

It would be a different story if it were THD of 0.003% vs 1% or at least 0.1%.

Newbs might think they could actually hear a difference in SQ among all these tested electronics with THD of 0.005% vs 0.0008%. :D

Bottom line: think about reliability, compatibility, built quality, features, price.

It is a little alarming when Amir said that the $4K AVP built quality feels "cheap".

I don't think Amir said the Marantz AV8805 feels "cheap", did he?

Hopefully he gets his hands on a Yamaha CX-A5100 (skip the 5200 as Gene already said the measurements aren't SOTA).

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis