Monoblock amplifiers

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I can say that in 50 years of audio, cables have never been an issue other than not being not long enough when I moved from one house to the next, or getting hard/tarnished with age. Last time was when I set my system up in my bedroom and had to route around the bed which took around 30ft. All I had was the 6ftrs from the living room they were set up in before. The other issue was them getting tarnished inside the insulation after about 15 years or so. They still worked but I had to wire brush the bare wire clean when I went to connect them.

A few years ago I mistakenly selected CCA 16Ga from an online purchase. I used it anyway while waiting to reorder the right stuff and forgot about it for a couple years and they worked fine and I did not notice any difference when I changed it out to 12Ga OFC zip cord.

Being overly selective with speaker wire has never cured any issue with any audio system I have ever had. Yet I could change to better speakers, even using the same old cable and fix nearly everything that was wrong with my system.

Q

quattro_98

Audioholic Intern
This is probably the most thorough (and complicated take) on damping factor and speaker cables I've found. It include an Excel spreadsheet you can download.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis