Mitsu to roll out new TVs up to 82"

Now Slappy

Now Slappy

Audioholic
The viewing distance is anywhere from 12'-15'. Right now it's 13' because the current set is very deep. (Almost 3' deep) There is plenty of play as to where I can place the couch so I can set my viewing distance to whatever I want within reason. Max probably 17'.

To address your second point, that's another option I've been kicking around but it seems as the sentiment around here is if you have a retractable screen you really need to have it tab tensioned($$$) and if I were to go this route I wouldn't have enough in my budget to get a plasma, FP, and a tab tensioned screen. I'm tring to keep the budget around $4k, +/- $500 or so.

And to your last point, yeah I know it won't be a huge difference, but if I don't go with a FP I would still like to get as close as I can to a theater experience as I can. My wife and I haven't been to a movie theater since seeing Dr. Dolittle in 1998...our first date.

Thanks for the help,
Keith

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
this may sound crazy, maybe it is. but how about a tilt up screen ? DIY screen,top hinged, lift the bottom to the ceiling when not in use ?

ok, i will shut up now :D

Now Slappy

Now Slappy

Audioholic
No worries, that is a great idea but we have vaulted ceilings so it wouldn't be practical. Not to mention my wife would probably shoot me. LOL:D

C

cheapskate40

Audiophyte
Picked up the 65737

I had the 65737 delivered on Monday. I am impressed with the picture and color on this set. I am by no means a videophile, and I was replacing a 46" Hitachi CRT rear projection. There is a review on CNET now that is fairly accurate- the remote is terrible and the menus are cumbersome. For the size and price so far I am pleased.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
I happened to checkout a local A/V shop yesterday as I was looking for options larger than the Panny 65” V10. They sell Mitsubishis and I gotta say the new sets look awesome. HT Mag just did a review of the 73837 with good marks. Speaking with a salesguy, he mentioned that Mits was continuing with the Laservue and will have ~75” unit suitable for wall mounting come next spring, and in the $4500 range. I’m intrigued? Anything from CEDIA about this?

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis