Mitsu to roll out new TVs up to 82"

A

allargon

Audioholic General
The LaserVue's are like $7k for a 65". That is a different thing altogether.

The 82" has many excited as that is near front projection screen in size without the ambient light drawbacks that most front projectors have.

Now Slappy

Now Slappy

Audioholic
I just stopped by my local Mitzu dealer and she let me know when they will actually be getting in the new TV's.

WD-73837...ships in mid May

WD-82737...ships end of May

WD-82837...ships mid June

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
I just stopped by my local Mitzu dealer and she let me know when they will actually be getting in the new TV's.

WD-73837...ships in mid May

WD-82737...ships end of May

WD-82837...ships mid June
i still expect the diamonds to be ready for delivery in Aug...

J

joikd

Audiophyte
i still expect the diamonds to be ready for delivery in Aug...
When you say "diamond" do you mean the 837's? I just want to make sure that nothing better is coming that I should wait for.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
4electronicwarehouse.com calls the 82837 a Medallion. (not enough posts to link)

Maybe Laservue has taken over the Diamond name?
"8" series have been the diamond line, which extends thru all off their displays.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
4electronicwarehouse.com calls the 82837 a Medallion. (not enough posts to link)

Maybe Laservue has taken over the Diamond name?
On another note are they even allowed the diamond line?

A

axle_rose

Enthusiast
I am real happy with my DLP tv and I love the way the picture looks compared to the flat panel LCD or plasma sets. IMHO, the dlp picture looks more film like to me. I am kind of laughing at 82" tho...seems a little much for an average living room. The cost to get into a dlp is another advantage also.

C

cheapskate40

Audiophyte
Reviews?

Has anyone read any reviews on this new line of sets? I read a review on the 735 series that said the color adjustments were limited. I was hoping Mitsubishi has fixed this with the 737/837 series. I think these TV's represent good value for the price/size.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
The diamond line will have more adjustments thru the net command menu. Both will offer service menu adjustments for isf calibrations. As for reviews comming soon ;)

Now Slappy

Now Slappy

Audioholic
sure wish i had an 82" .
My wife had initially said no to the 82", but after I put together our new Salamander stand and she started taking measurements in our living room...82" here I come!!

Now if they would only get here...:eek:

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
as nice as an 82" tv would be, I think I'm gonna stick with the 73". I'm already 12 feet away from the tv, and I think 82" might be a tad large for my viewing distance. But I am excited to see one of these in the stores, as I'm curious as to see how good the picture is on a set that large.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I'm already 12 feet away from the tv, and I think 82" might be a tad large for my viewing distance.
Believe it or not, even with 20/20 vision, you cannot appreciate the full benefit of 1080p with a 82" from 12 ft. You need a bigger set, or scoot your seat up, or have better than 20/20 vision in order to do so.

Personal preference is its own thing, but that's FWIW.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
My wife had initially said no to the 82", but after I put together our new Salamander stand and she started taking measurements in our living room...82" here I come!!

Now if they would only get here...:eek:

:thumbsup: whats it costin ya ?

i wanted a 73". but for $1000 (what i could find at the time) more = well.
but this may be a blessing. as i am priming myself for a projector. somewhere around 100" @ about 11' distance.

fwiw. last night i saw the new STAR TREK in IMAX. pq was kinda crappy, sq was pretty good, except for the occasional speaker distress, sub output was descent, but can't nearly match what i have. anyway, the screen was darned big, i will sit further back next time. this time i was there to critique the sq. so i found the sweat spot.

Now Slappy

Now Slappy

Audioholic
:thumbsup: whats it costin ya ?

i wanted a 73". but for $1000 (what i could find at the time) more = well.
but this may be a blessing. as i am priming myself for a projector. somewhere around 100" @ about 11' distance.

fwiw. last night i saw the new STAR TREK in IMAX. pq was kinda crappy, sq was pretty good, except for the occasional speaker distress, sub output was descent, but can't nearly match what i have. anyway, the screen was darned big, i will sit further back next time. this time i was there to critique the sq. so i found the sweat spot.
Well as jostenmeat can attest, I'm now back on the fence between the 82"er and a FP once again.:rolleyes: (God, I'm horrible at making up my mind.:eek:)

The 82"er will run me $4k for the diamond version, which is about 1000 off their list. Yesterday I was in the projector section of the board and started doing the numbers in my head again. For what I'm about to pay for the 82"er I could probably get a nice FP setup, but it's not a dedicated HT(my living room) and there is a lot of daytime TV viewing(SpongeBob, Dora...you get the picture) so maybe the TV is the right way to go.

I'm at a loss...:eek:

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
what is the veiwing distance ? get a retractable screen, and a smaller set behind it.
and you already have a 73", is the 82" going to make that much difference ? hmmm

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis