highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
My reply was to your comment that some are about 40 years off with regards to what Sweden is today, nothing more. I agree wholeheartedly!

The Nordic countries adopted the free market dogmas many decades ago.
I don't think you have seen the point of many of my comments, whether literally or implied- greed is the cause of many problems and even though you're Atheist, you may have seen/heard "Money is the root of evil", from the Bible but the whole saying is "Love of money is the root of evil" and that's true now, as it was over 2000 years ago.

While it's true that greed has resulted in many innovations, it also creates class systems.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I don't think you have seen the point of many of my comments, whether literally or implied- greed is the cause of many problems and even though you're Atheist, you may have seen/heard "Money is the root of evil", from the Bible but the whole saying is "Love of money is the root of evil" and that's true now, as it was over 2000 years ago.

While it's true that greed has resulted in many innovations, it also creates class systems.
I wrote that I am an atheist but you neglected to mention the part that I grew in a very religious part of Norway. To this I can add that it is known as the literal translation as "The Dark Mainland". This shallow self-interested bigotry exhbited by the absolute majority of american white evangelical "christians" offends me with their worship of Trump.

As for greed is good, that is on you.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
maybe ... maybe not.. i wonder why your entire interaction with me has been to insult , but yet you have nothing but anecdotal thoughts on anything pertaining to the subject ...
Well children like you appear to want to troll, and you have done nothing on this thread but to bascailly insult everyone you have interacted with. You are the problem, you need to accept that. And as long as you respond with silly childish remarks it does indicate you need real help.

highfigh

highfigh

here again.. what's your point? after the non stop socio/economic dumpster fire of the past 4 years you're going on a biden "headhunt" 2 months into a so far stable admin?
No, he has been on peoples' radar for his comments for a long, long time.

highfigh

highfigh

What she wants is largely what is being implemented in EU.

US increase of wind and solar usage has been absolutely incredible the last decade or so, and with profit too booth. Even the US car industry have seen the writings on the wall!
Who uses more oil?

Personally, the auto industry is a huge disappointment, to me. Sure, we have smaller, more powerful engines but the MPG isn't where it could be because people want to drive like Schumacher and climb trees with their cars. The whole truck situation is insane- the vast majority of truck buyers don't needs one and if you want a real eye-opener, check out the price for a new pickup truck-

There's this, too-

highfigh

highfigh

I wrote that I am an atheist but you neglected to mention the part that I grew in a very religious part of Norway. To this I can add that it is known as the literal translation as "The Dark Mainland". This shallow self-interested bigotry exhbited by the absolute majority of american white evangelical "christians" offends me with their worship of Trump.

As for greed is good, that is on you.
I remember you posting that you grew up in a very religious part of Norway- I had some very religious aunt's and I couldn't believe some of the things they said- one had no use for anyone who wasn't Catholic and when I asked if other Christians were OK and she said they weren't. There was no point in continuing and they were raised to be 'good Catholics'. Yeah, great. I don't hang out with Evangelicals for a reason.

I never said greed is good.

highfigh

highfigh

it offends me too.. it stems from white privilege i think.. middle /upper class white folks that grew up in the 2nd half of the 20th century don't see struggle the way the rest of the world does for the most part..
All it takes for someone from the 2nd half to learn about it is to talk to someone who lived through the first half (or before) as long as the description is accurate. Or, they could look online.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
it offends me too.. it stems from white privilege i think.. middle /upper class white folks that grew up in the 2nd half of the 20th century don't see struggle the way the rest of the world does for the most part..
I can assure you that where I grew up in Norway it is has nothing to do with white privilege for the simple reason that there where not many, if any, coloured person to begin with.

highfigh

highfigh

Just read the damn words. I wrote that innovations have come from greed, but that it creates class systems.

Just imagine if Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and others hadn't seen the potential for the immense amounts of money they gained- we wouldn't be doing this right now and don't tell me Gates/Jobs weren't greedy.

highfigh

highfigh

I can assure you that where I grew up in Norway it is has nothing to do with white privilege for the simple reason that there where not many, if any, coloured person to begin with.
But the country isn't doing anything to attract people from outside, right?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis