Matching pre out gain to power amp sensitivity

C

cheyne barnhouse

Enthusiast
Thanks for the article link. Believe it or not, I had actually come across that very page during my search for information but I had not yet read through it, it was on my to do list, lol.

So, I just read the article, and it was indeed very informative. It definitely helped me to 'gain' a better understanding of the issue... bad pun there, sorry :rolleyes::p.

The knowledge that he gave does apply in both directions for the gear being used, and it will help me, but I wish that he had gone in the reverse direction just a little bit more with his explanations in the article since most of them involved a consumer level AVR signal trying to drive a pro level amp. My situation is kind of flipped from that in that I have a pro level Trinnov processor that will be sending a higher output voltage signal to a consumer level input sensitivity amp.

I love the home theater hobby, but any one of the many many subjects that one needs to be informed about when executing their goals properly sure can get complicated in a hurry, lol.

Forums and threads like this one have helped me out immensely in making solid progress over the last 6-ish yrs, but the journey to AV perfection is a long and often unobtainable one. Most of us only ever get 'close enough' to attaining perfection since we usually have limiting factors to work around; actually obtaining perfection requires a multitude of things to come together for it to be possible (no budget constraints, purpose built or customizable structure/space, ideal/accurate implementation, wife approval, etc.).

The end results you can get from researching something and then working out how to implement it all correctly for appreciable benefits is a journey that I don't mind taking, so cheers to that. One might say that, "This is the way..." ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis