Marvel The Punisher on Netflix

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Finished the last 3 episodes on Monday night. WOW.
What's next for this show?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Late to this party... started watching the series just last week... halfway through S2 now. (Used to read the comics back when I was a kid.)
Didn't really have high hopes, but have enjoyed it most of the time. A little uneven at times. But it looks good, sounds good...

Season 3 is due to release in January 2022.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Late to this party... started watching the series just last week... halfway through S2 now. (Used to read the comics back when I was a kid.)
Didn't really have high hopes, but have enjoyed it most of the time. A little uneven at times. But it looks good, sounds good...

Season 3? On Disney + ? I haven't heard anything about this.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

Haha, I am late to this party as well. I just started this series. Just finished episode 5 from S1. Feels like it's finally picking up and going.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Haha, I am late to this party as well. I just started this series. Just finished episode 5 from S1. Feels like it's finally picking up and going.
The pacing is a bit off, ya? ;) I will say there are stretches where I don't want to stop... gotta watch 1 more episode! :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Seriously, I hated Froggy too- but the character, not the actor himself. I don't generally like superhero stuff so I have very low expectations watching this stuff, but I liked the DD shows, perhaps because I was expecting the worst. It did have relatively good martial arts choreography instead of just a bunch of CGI action scenes, and that is what surprised me. I also liked the villain Wilson Fisk and Electra. I was surprised at how brutal season 2 was as well. It seemed like it was more violent than the Punisher show. I think the Punisher is better as a side character or villain. He is a more interesting character that way. I seriously wish the Punisher was not the protagonist in the Punisher show.
I am glad that you are in the minority with that thought as Disney+ is going to be bringing back the Punisher with Jon Bernthal as the lead. I am sure it will end up on Hulu for obvious reasons. It is most likely going to be a reboot vs a continuation of the Netflix series.

The Punisher: Jon Bernthal Is Back As The Punisher In An Upcoming Disney+ Series! He'll Fight Another Marvel Hero! - FanFest

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Netflix signed the deal in early 2012 and the rights have passed back to Marvel who chose not to renew for obvious reasons.

They are fully reverted back to Disney. Rumor is that Charlie Cox may even appear in the Spiderman Movie as Daredevil, not sure if that has been debunked.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That doesn’t quite makes sense. Netflix had to give on all marvel properties and Netflix has 10 years wait before it could reboot same characters developed by Netflix.
This is just wishful thinking:

I saw several items online that suggested it was picked up... but then again... isn't everything you read online true? :p
;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis