Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Agree on all points! I have Usman winning this one too. Likely another decision. Clearly you're not a casual fan. I discovered UFC in the early 90s when I was looking for a video to rent and saw UFC 1 on the shelf. I've been hooked ever since.
Wow. Some great fights, or at least great endings to them, last night. Poor Weidman though. That was fugly.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow. Some great fights, or at least great endings to them, last night. Poor Weidman though. That was fugly.
Fugly and as ironic as it gets! I missed it live because I had my head down at the beginning, but heard the crack and the crowd reacton! Looked up and everyone's puking in their mouths... :oops:

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I'm home Thursday night, so either Thursday or Friday I'll watch the last episode of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

They changed the release schedule a little bit now.
Screenshot_20210503-112523_Samsung Internet.jpg

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Watched the final episode of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier tonight. It was great. My heart was pounding the whole episode. It'll be interesting to see where they go with it all from here.

I was also trying to finish my trip through the MCU with Spider-Man: Far From Home, but the only place I could find it was to rent on Amazon Prime. Bummer, as that was my last one and I really wanted to stretch out the legs on my new dual subwoofer set up.

Next up is more Phase 4 of the MCU with the Loki Disney + show starting June 11th. Really, really looking forward to this one.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Gotta' say, was not impressed with "Eternals" trailer. How do you suck the sex appeal out of Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek in a two minute trailer? This one looks lame.:confused:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yup, the general response to that trailer seems to be pretty "meh" across the board. Jack Kirby (creator of the eternals) fans aren't happy with the color desaturation and it just looks... kinda boring. Kirby was well known for his use of bright colors and detailed futuristic drawings. I think Marvel might have their first flop on their hands...

eternals4_2-3_copy_640x455.jpg
the-eternals-marvel-movie-jack-kirby-1_copy_640x432.jpg
eternals3_2-3.jpg
Eternals-Movie-Costumes_copy_800x400.jpg

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, it looks nothing like it should but they are trying to check boxes more than please fans of the comics. Gonna' keep giving it to James Gunn and Taika Waititi for the look and feel of their Marvel movies. They both lifted up the MCU.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Weird, I'm actually excited for the Eternals movie now, where as before I was kind of mehhhh/Luke warm to it. I never read any of the source material, but I love the way they haven't really revealed anything in the trailers, and I think the visuals look great. Given the director they've chosen to make this movie, I think once it actually hits the visuals will be stunning. I guess we'll see.

Lots of stuff coming up between now and then to look forward to as well.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, hopefully it will be a surprise. Forgive the DC reference, but the original teaser for the first "Wonder Woman" was not good. So, the movie was better than expected. Unfortunately, the trailer for "WW84" was much better than the actual movie. I'm looking forward to "Loki" as it is dealing with some WTF issues I had with "Endgame." Poor "Black Widow" can't get here soon enough. I have my own theory about a post credits scene.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Though far less exciting than @Pogre waiting for his new speaker, I just checked the tracking of my Disney Insiders reward and am supposed to get my UHD disc of "The Avengers" today. Yeah, I can watch it on Disney+, but the discs look and sound better than the streams.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Finally got around to watching both The New Mutants and Dark Phoenix this weekend, went in with low expectations, and came out pretty much the same way. The New Mutants was horrible. No discernable bad guy, not much on back stories, and pretty much unwatchable. Maisey Williams may have been ok on GOT, but didn't bring much to the table here.

Dark Phoenix was ok, found it slightly better than the one with the first mutant, but again, would have been nice to have a little more back story on the "aliens". Also, is this considered canon within the X-Men universe? And wasn't the scene in her fathers neighborhood, similar to another scene in a movie, although with different outcomes?

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Finally got around to watching both The New Mutants and Dark Phoenix this weekend, went in with low expectations, and came out pretty much the same way. The New Mutants was horrible. No discernable bad guy, not much on back stories, and pretty much unwatchable. Maisey Williams may have been ok on GOT, but didn't bring much to the table here.

Dark Phoenix was ok, found it slightly better than the one with the first mutant, but again, would have been nice to have a little more back story on the "aliens". Also, is this considered canon within the X-Men universe? And wasn't the scene in her fathers neighborhood, similar to another scene in a movie, although with different outcomes?
I never watched New Mutants, but haven't heard anything very good about it. I may get around to seeing it at some point, but it's way down the list of movies I want to see.

And I'm not sure how the X-Men movies slot into that universe now. Dark Phoenix was mehhhh, but so was Apocalypse. Days of Future past was the last good movie, along with Logan, from the X Universe. And yes, a very similar scene was in X3: The Last Stand.

Now that Marvel/Disney owns Fox, I'm kind of expecting a reboot of the entire X Universe. Which is too bad really, as Fasbender and McAvoy both nailed the roles as Magneto and Xavier. They do need a new Logan/Wolverine though. Although Jackman was great in the role over the years, he's too big (Wolvie is 5'4") and he's getting to be too old to continue the role going forward.

I'm excited to see what they can do now that mutants are part of the main MCU, and I hope they can incorporate them into it much sooner rather than later. We already know that the FF is coming.

As a Marvel, and comic book fan in general, this is a great time to be alive.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
I never watched New Mutants, but haven't heard anything very good about it. I may get around to seeing it at some point, but it's way down the list of movies I want to see.

And I'm not sure how the X-Men movies slot into that universe now. Dark Phoenix was mehhhh, but so was Apocalypse. Days of Future past was the last good movie, along with Logan, from the X Universe. And yes, a very similar scene was in X3: The Last Stand.

Now that Marvel/Disney owns Fox, I'm kind of expecting a reboot of the entire X Universe. Which is too bad really, as Fasbender and McAvoy both nailed the roles as Magneto and Xavier. They do need a new Logan/Wolverine though. Although Jackman was great in the role over the years, he's too big (Wolvie is 5'4") and he's getting to be too old to continue the role going forward.

I'm excited to see what they can do now that mutants are part of the main MCU, and I hope they can incorporate them into it much sooner rather than later. We already know that the FF is coming.

As a Marvel, and comic book fan in general, this is a great time to be alive.
Couldn't remember which movie it was in, but the scene at her fathers house reminded me of the scene from the other show, just wondered if it was in the comic books as well. It is a great time to be a fan, and kind of glad Disney is now at the helm of the mutants. Sony shouldn't think twice on working with Disney on Spiderman here on out.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Yes.

That was a very good opening episode to the series. I'm excited to see where this all leads to. And Owen Wilson was really good as well..

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Yes, very good opening to the series, and looking forward to watching the rest of it.

Read an article as to why the TVA didn't interact with the Avengers in Endgame, and the article mentioned how Steve Rogers went back in time to Peggy, and then time traveled again to give his shield to Sam, but I always got the impression he just lived his life and that was where he was at when he gave him his shield. Am I wrong in that thinking?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, very good opening to the series, and looking forward to watching the rest of it.

Read an article as to why the TVA didn't interact with the Avengers in Endgame, and the article mentioned how Steve Rogers went back in time to Peggy, and then time traveled again to give his shield to Sam, but I always got the impression he just lived his life and that was where he was at when he gave him his shield. Am I wrong in that thinking?
I thought the same. Remember that pic of Peggy and her kids? No father in it. It made sense to me after "Endgame" because after going back, Steve knew he had to be "out of frame" so to speak until the moment in the future when he goes back to return the stones. He explained how it all went down to Peggy and they were careful to keep him a secret. It would have been hell for Peggy at times because while wanting to do her job, history would dictate how things went down and Steve would fill her in and explain why she had to lose sometimes to keep the timeline straight. The world thought Steve died in the battle with Thanos and it was ok for him to appear as an old man now and give Sam the shield. I always thought Bucky just had a feeling about what Steve was going to do but then we find out that they had gone over all of it. It was one hell of a move that only Steve could pull off in making sure the stones AND Mjollnir were returned to their proper place in time. He deserved a life with Peggy after everything and Sam would have only accepted the shield from an aged Steve. Why would he think to take it if Steve had given it to him while still young before going off to return the stones or returning to give it to him while still young? Just my thoughts on it, anyway.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis