Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Look what I just got at the Dollar Tree sealed! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Retail price was $39 in 2017 for this book! Yeah I know it's DC not Marvel, but still.
IMG_09042021_191246_(1544_x_1950_pixel).jpg
IMG_09042021_191304_(1637_x_1950_pixel).jpg

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Just watched latest F&WS. Oh boy, lots goin’ down, things getting messy. Good stuff!

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
5 days until I'm off of shift and home, then I'll watch episodes 3 & 4. Then 5 on Friday. Unfortunately, I'll be back out of town and up at work again before the final episode airs.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am loving Falcon/Winter Soldier even more than WandaVision. A lot more. And WV was already pretty great.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
I was in Best Buy yesterday, haven't been there in forever, but decided to check out the offerings of UHD disks, and was surprised at just how limited the selection was. Ended up picking up the Deadpool double feature and watched the first one yesterday.

Picture and sound look great, and I didn't realize that it was Gina Carano who was one of the baddies. I was also surprised that you could see Deadpools dangling participle in the fight scenes at the mutant hospital when he is naked. Guessing we won't see that kind of stuff now that it's under the Disney umbrella.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Watched F&WS 5. Truth. Best episode to date with a surprise cameo that was, well, a complete f#%kin’ surprise!:oops:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh boy. I'm gonna start binge watching this week and get caught up. Final episode is friday, right?

H

Huey645

Audioholic
I don't want to give any spoilers away for episode 5, but I think we see where at least part of this is going.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I just caught up Saturday night. Was at work for my 2 weeks, and since I only watch these shows at home.......Watched episode 3 on Thursday, and 4&5 Saturday night.

3 was OK. Nothing to get too excited about IMO.

4 was awesome. Especially the ending with Walker (finally) being pushed over the edge, and going apeshit.

5......started great. Falcon and Winter Soldier taking on Walker was an awesome way to start the episode. Unfortunately (IMO) the rest of the episode was subpar. Too drawn out and pretty boring. Except for Sharons turn to bad guy (?) Val showing up, and the reappearance of GSP (and all 3 of those things combined took a solid 30 seconds of screen time) there wasn't much else happening in that episode. Hopefully, the last episode is over an hour long and wraps this up nicely.

Also, I'm pretty sure that was the Captian America suit in the briefcase Sam got from Bucky.

Also, Shang Chi trailer dropped today:

That looks good. I never read the comics, so I have no preconceived notions of how it should be. I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Episode 6 stayed on track. Enjoyed the action throughout the whole series. If I’m gonna’ pick on it, I think Bucky was robbed of more backstory and screen time for more politically fueled ideas and should have mopped the floor with just about everybody he encountered along the way. He has been doing this stuff for a long time. Sam is a hell of a fighter, but not enhanced, and should have had far more serious injuries from the beginning. But, it was hardly a disappointment and stands on its own. Now, on to Loki!:)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched ep 1 last night. Georges St Pierre returned as Batroc the leaper in the first episode! GSP is quite possibly the goat of MMA. He's actually a double champ, 2 weight classes. I'm a huge fan of his. What's funny is, his personality and demeanor irl lends more toward captain America than a villain. Still tho. Very cool surprise for me just in the first episode!

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I watched ep 1 last night. Georges St Pierre returned as Batroc the leaper in the first episode! GSP is quite possibly the goat of MMA. He's actually a double champ, 2 weight classes. I'm a huge fan of his. What's funny is, his personality and demeanor irl lends more toward captain America than a villain. Still tho. Very cool surprise for me just in the first episode!
GSP is my favorite MMA fighter as well. And yes, there is a serious case for him being the GOAT. Jones and Silva had cases, but their PED busts disqualifies them IMO.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
GSP is my favorite MMA fighter as well. And yes, there is a serious case for him being the GOAT. Jones and Silva had cases, but their PED busts disqualifies them IMO.
He makes a great Batroc, who is French in the comics and speaks with an accent just like GSP. Completely agree with you about PEDs disqualifying JJ and Anderson from the conversation. Demetrius Johnson and Khabib are up there for goat too (for a single weight class), and I have a feeling Kumaru Usman might start entering the discussion as well. For him to out-cardio Colby was pretty damned impressive.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
He makes a great Batroc, who is French in the comics and speaks with an accent just like GSP. Completely agree with you about PEDs disqualifying JJ and Anderson from the conversation. Demetrius Johnson and Khabib are up there for goat too (for a single weight class), and I have a feeling Kumaru Usman might start entering the discussion as well. For him to out-cardio Colby was pretty damned impressive.
Lots of anti GSP guys are already trying to put Usman above GSP in the GOAT conversation. I like Usman a lot, but he's got a ways to go to even be close to the conversation. Masvidal 2x isn't exactly helping his case. And if he loses against Mas tonight...........but I think he'll win pretty easily.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Lots of anti GSP guys are already trying to put Usman above GSP in the GOAT conversation. I like Usman a lot, but he's got a ways to go to even be close to the conversation. Masvidal 2x isn't exactly helping his case. And if he loses against Mas tonight...........but I think he'll win pretty easily.
Agree on all points! I have Usman winning this one too. Likely another decision. Clearly you're not a casual fan. I discovered UFC in the early 90s when I was looking for a video to rent and saw UFC 1 on the shelf. I've been hooked ever since.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Agree on all points! I have Usman winning this one too. Likely another decision. Clearly you're not a casual fan. I discovered UFC in the early 90s when I was looking for a video to rent and saw UFC 1 on the shelf. I've been hooked ever since.
UFC 4 was my first live one. A buddy of mine called me up to see what I was doing on a Saturday night. Said his coworker was having people over to watch the "UFC" did I want to check it out? I was a boxing fan, and I'd done TKD since my mid teens at that point (I was 21 by then). Boom, I was hooked.

I actually got into training and fighting myself, but a bad car accident in 2009 put my "career" on hold (only had a few Ammy fights). Trained again after that for about 5 years (after a 32 month post accident recovery) up until a disc injury in 2017 pretty much permanently sidelined me. Now I just stay in shape and watch/talk about the fights.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis