Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Watched Spider-Man: Homecoming last night. It was good. I'm not a huge fan of Tom Holland as Spider-Man, but it was a decent movie.

This morning, I snuck in Black Panther. I won't lie, I hadn't seen it since it came out in theater 3 years ago (wow, 3 years). My impression of it at the time was that it was good, but not great. I'm revising that opinion now. It was great. Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's because of the passing of Chadwick. I'm not sure, but that movie hit me in the feels. I really enjoyed it alot, and am sad that he won't be around to continue the role. He was born for that role. RIP Chadwick Boseman.

Wakanda Forever.

(Next up on the docket, if I get the chance before I leave to go back to work tomorrow, is Dr. Strange. I'm looking forward to it)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Watched Spider-Man: Homecoming last night. It was good. I'm not a huge fan of Tom Holland as Spider-Man, but it was a decent movie.

This morning, I snuck in Black Panther. I won't lie, I hadn't seen it since it came out in theater 3 years ago (wow, 3 years). My impression of it at the time was that it was good, but not great. I'm revising that opinion now. It was great. Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's because of the passing of Chadwick. I'm not sure, but that movie hit me in the feels. I really enjoyed it alot, and am sad that he won't be around to continue the role. He was born for that role. RIP Chadwick Boseman.

Wakanda Forever.

(Next up on the docket, if I get the chance before I leave to go back to work tomorrow, is Dr. Strange. I'm looking forward to it)
Cant wait for the 2nd Dr Strange movie.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I saw a item on youtbe about, Morgan Stark taking up where her dad left off, and another youtube with Natalie Portman ( Jane Foster) being the next Thor after she picks up the hammer .I guess this is the equality to bring a lot of female into led super hero roles, to continue with Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I saw a item on youtbe about, Morgan Stark taking up where her dad left off, and another youtube with Natalie Portman ( Jane Foster) being the next Thor after she picks up the hammer .I guess this is the equality to bring a lot of female into led super hero roles, to continue with Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel
The next Thor movie is Thor: Love and Thunder. And yes, Natalie Portman is taking up the mantle of Thor in some capacity.

Haven't heard anything about Iron Man yet. I thought they were setting it up to go in another direction though. Guess we'll see.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
I had only seen the Dr Strange movie once, and decided to give it a spin on Disney+ yesterday. I had forgotten how trippy this movie is. Looking forward to new one when it comes out, especially with The Scarlett Witch.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Never got around to watching Dr. Strange yesterday. Now I'll have to wait until I get back home from my work shift in 2 weeks.

In the meantime, I'll keep watching Agents of SHIELD. On episode 2 of season 3 now.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Half way through season 3 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D now. So good.

Falcon and The Winter Soldier starts today, but I'm on shift until next Thursday, so I'll have to wait until next week, then watch the first 2 episodes. Saw the last trailer for it the other day, it looks even better than I thought. Pretty excited for it now.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
“The Falcon and The Winter Soldier” opening did not disappoint and I think I’m really going to enjoy the rest of them.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Watched the first episode of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier tonight. It was good. I loved the way they are humanizing Winter Soldier. Looking forward to episode two tomorrow night.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Watched Dr Strange this morning. This was at least the 3rd, if not the 4th, time watching it. It really does get better with each rewatching. Things I missed/forgot. Like just before he crashes his car and he's on the phone with his assistant. They're talking about potential cases for him to take on, and his assistant mentions an 'army soldier with a severed spine from an accident involving an experimental suit of powered armor'. Referencing of course Iron Man 2 when Justin Hammer is testing out his armor. It's brilliant how they incorporate the little details in these movies.

I'm enjoying these movies so much. More than I thought I would. Next up on the MCU timeline docket: Thor: Ragnarok.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Episode 2 did not disappoint. This show is really good so far. I hate that I'll be away next week for work and miss the episode.

I also watched Thor: Ragnarok this morning. Again, probably at least my 3rd if not 4th rewatch of that one. It's my son's favorite of the MCU, and definitely in my top 5. It has so many great moments in it. Humor, drama, action, even emotional bits (Odins passing).

Next up on the MCU timeline is supposed to be Ant-Man and The Wasp, but if I remember correctly the end scene for that movie takes place after the end of Infinty War, as it references the "snap". I'll probably watch Infinty War 1st, then Ant-Man and The Wasp.

After that, only 2 more to go: Endgame and Spider-Man: Far From Home. Then I'm all caught up on the MCU. Though I still have 4+ season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D to finish.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Enjoyed the second episode as well. Great action in this series so far. Thor:Ragnarok is definitely one of the special entries and is a good time.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Got all of my surround sound finished and hooked up last night/this morning.

My son and I then sat down and watched Avengers: Infinity War. All I can say is wow. The movie, the sound, it was like seeing it in theatre all over again, but with much better more comfortable seating (and the ability go stop it and take a leak lol). It had been a while since I'd watched that one. I'd forgotten how great it was. IMO they could have extended it and made it the final movie of phase 3. Be that as it may, Ant-Man and The Wasp is next up, then Endgame. Then if I get around to it, Spider-Man: For From Home.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
And just like that, I'm down to the last 2 movies to complete my journey through the MCU. Endgame and Spider-Man left. I'm kind of sad about it to be honest. It's been a fun ride for the last 2 months. I'm going to miss having a movie to look forward to (that I can just sit and watch in the comfort of my theater room). The phase 4 movies can't get here fast enough for me.

As far as Ant-Man and The Wasp goes, that was a great fun movie. No big evil baddie per se, but it was fun and funny (especially Louis with his babbling about Scott after he's given the "truth serum"). I really enjoyed sitting and watching that one. It was a couple of hours of light hearted Marvel fun.

Endgame tomorrow morning, Spider-Man Wednesday morning, and that wraps it all up before I have to fly back up to work for my shift on Thursday afternoon (for night shift, ugggghhhhh)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I had only seen the Dr Strange movie once, and decided to give it a spin on Disney+ yesterday. I had forgotten how trippy this movie is. Looking forward to new one when it comes out, especially with The Scarlett Witch.
Dr Strange was indeed the "trippiest" of the Marvel Comics line back in the day. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Dr Strange was indeed the "trippiest" of the Marvel Comics line back in the day. :)
I love Dr Strange as a character and really enjoyed the movie.

I haven't watched any of Falcon/Winter Soldier yet. I'm letting the episodes pile up for some binging this time. The weekly wait for new episodes of Wandavision drove me nuts.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Basically finished my trip back through the MCU this morning. Watched Avengers: Endgame. 21 movies since January 23rd, in chronological order. What a blast I had doing it. Only Spider-Man: Far From Home to finish it off.

I'm revising my ratings on a few of the movies, for the good. Black Panther is now a solid 8.5/10 up from a 7, and Endgame is a solid 9/10, up from the 4 I originally gave it.

I'm not sure why I didn't like Endgame the first (and only) time I saw it in theaters but watching it today, and I absolutely loved it. I almost cried several times, and wept like a baby when Tony died

I'm glad to have done it, and sad it's over. What a ride. Onto Phase 4 of the MCU. I hope they can continue to make it as good as (better than?) It has been.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Into season 4 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D now. So far, I'm not loving it. It's OK, but not as good as the previous 3 seasons IMO. Plus, the CGI for Ghost Riders head is terrible. It looks like something off of a computer from the 1980s.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm still letting episodes stack for a binge watch. Anyone know how many episodes there are?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis