Marcus Oakley's "Best Recommendation" Questions

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
No sub will do what you want. It will add bass and that's about it.

You need real speakers and amplification to drive them, along with that subwoofer.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
would the klipsh 115sw sub work well with the monitor udio asb2 soundar would it give me great lfe effects and enhance anything thanks would it make it great for action movies?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It appears from the manual that all the sub pre-out will do is support the LFE channel (i.e. no bass management for your speakers in the soundbar), but whether that alone is worth it to you for the movies you watch, who knows? If you like movies heavily laden with LFE then may be worth it for you....

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
It will boost your low range, yes. It wont make your soundbar sound any better tho. So if you want better overall sound you would need to look for real speakers to start with. As for the Klipsh sub there are better options for the price range, unless you are getting your piece extremely cheap.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
what about the powersound v1500 would this work well with monitoraudio asb2 would it be a better match?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
As long as the powered sub has level and crossover controls and its inputs are compatible with your soundbars outputs, any sub works well with any speaker or soundbar.

Last edited:
tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

what about the powersound v1500 would this work well with monitoraudio asb2 would it be a better match?
Like Mark said, any powered sub works fine if it has the controls. I was referring to overall quality of sub. What is your budget for sub, room size and where are you from?

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
i am from the uk

i have a budget of £850 max my room is 18feet width 10feet depth 15 feet hight i like action movies horror

music i like pop rock heavy metal techno house rave jazz r&b and classical

usage %80 films %20 music?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Your sound bar won't be able to keep with any of these fine subs. It'll work, but it'll run out of steam well before anyy of these sub.

The B2 is a great soundbar but it's not a real speaker system that will fill the room with sound like separate speakers will. It's made for those that can't or won't go for a "real" multi-speaker setup and are prepared to live with their inherent limitations.

but, since your room is only 10 feet wide, maybe it'll suffice, depending on your expectations..

Last edited:
M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

i have the monitoraudio asb2 soundbar and bk monolith plus sub what would be the best settings to use on the sub and soundbar

my room is 18feet wide 10feet depth 16feet height?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

I think it should of came with manual how to setup your sub volume/crossover settings? There are also some good articles how to find best location for sub. Possibly some articles how to setup it as well if you search. But possibly some one can write you step by step guide.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

i have the monitor audio asb2 soundbar and bk monolith plus sub which is a great match

but i need a cd player( high end ) that would be a match made in heaven i want the very best sound quality for a budget up to £1000

i wan it to do cd/sacd/mp3 thanks?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Have you ever heard about the point of diminishing returns?

If not, then go for the most expensive, best styled, heaviest, and most expensive one out there.

Seriously ,they are pretty much a commodity nowadays and DVD/Blu-Ray players deliver excellent sound from CD's

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You bought a SOUNDBAR and want the best sound quality possible?

Oppo 105.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Get yourself a quality blu-ray player and you are all set, you dont need any fancy CD player.

edit: You can get good player for 100£

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
hi all

i have the monitor audio asb2 soundbar and bk monolith plus sub which is a great match

but i need a cd player( high end ) that would be a match made in heaven i want the very best sound quality for a budget up to £1000

i wan it to do cd/sacd/mp3 thanks?
As others mentioned, match made in heaven with a soundbar is a player that handles your desired formats and not expensive.
By the way, what component will decode the digital audio signals, soundbar or a receiver?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord

Didja see the price tag on that thing???

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
For that price it better have discrete surround channels playing through the back.

Is it just me or they treading into Bose territory here? If you pay a lot, it must be good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis