Marantz cinema 40 issues

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
use cinema 40 which i bought 1 week earlier. couple of issues exists ...
* slowness in processing when using through HDMI (eARC), page change takes at least 1-2 seconds
*when using USB for lossless content, sometime sound interrupts/lost
*folders/tracks arrangement is not in place
*can't use cinema 40 remote to operate sony tv A90K. my tv keeps in standby mode even i turn on the avr using C40 remote
*sometime AVR hangs/dead for few seconds and need a restart

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
All ARC/eARC does is bring audio back from your tv, what page changes are you talking about?

Hard to know what your particular issues may be with other uses. Sometimes there are issues, tho, but perhaps you can explain more of the particulars.

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
All ARC/eARC does is bring audio back from your tv, what page changes are you talking about?

Hard to know what your particular issues may be with other uses. Sometimes there are issues, tho, but perhaps you can explain more of the particulars.
Hi,
I am talking about Changing pages while using usb for listning . for example, I have 100s of tracks and it can not display in one page/screen so you have to scroll up or down using tv remote and that takes 1-2 seconds.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hi,
I am talking about Changing pages while using usb for listning . for example, I have 100s of tracks and it can not display in one page/screen so you have to scroll up or down using tv remote and that takes 1-2 seconds.
That's not an ARC/eARC function. Using the avr to manage your library is perhaps not the best way to go, I'd try an external organizer. perhaps something like Foobar2000.

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
Point no. 1 , I don't use TV or computer to listen the songs. Just use usb pen drive and insert to C40 and listen using my Sony remote A90K
Second, using USB directly to tv and transmitting data to avr which I avoid as it drops a quality a little bit.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
HDMI-CEC(BraviaSync in Sony products) can be convenient but the receiver will receive commands from TVs and devices rather than give them. So, turning the receiver on will not result in the TV turning on, though turning the TV on will result in the receiver turning on shortly afterward.

When using eARC for TV apps or directly connected devices, make sure Digital Audio Output and Passthrough are set to Auto. You also need at least a Premium Certified cable that supports ethernet for eARC. But Ultra Certified cables are recommended for systems supporting HDMI 2.1.

If the receiver is connected to a wifi network, using the Marantz app for system adjustment and source selection may prove preferable to using the TV and remote controller. Selecting the HEOS input will switch to the HEOS app automatically and music streaming services, network media servers and USB devices connected to the receiver can be selected there.
IMG_4084.jpeg

IMG_4083.jpeg

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
Thabk you for your reply ...
1) thanks for letting me know that C40 remote can not operate basis functions of A90K or even turning on the TV. I was under impression that if I could use C40 remote as a master source of commands.
2) yes, passthrough is auto and using certified ultra HDMI 2.1 (8k 60Hz) cable as part of eARC connectivity between tv and avr.
3) using marantz & HEOS app only changes the audio preferences and not controlling tv on&off.

Somewhere I came to know that C40 remote can also handle basic functions of TV like on&off, volume and curser selection (left/right/up/down) and enter button.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It’s such a shame that, over the years, Denon/ Marantz removed their great universal remote controllers from all but the highest models. One would have to move up to the SR8015 to get their universal remote controller.

I believe Alexa can control a Sony TV and HEOS device if you want to experiment with voice control provided there is an Amazon Alexa device connected to the network.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You might even try getting the Marantz RC045SR to see if it works with the Cinema 40. Can’t imagine it not doing so.

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
It’s such a shame that, over the years, Denon/ Marantz removed their great universal remote controllers from all but the highest models. One would have to move up to the SR8015 to get their universal remote controller.

I believe Alexa can control a Sony TV and HEOS device if you want to experiment with voice control provided there is an Amazon Alexa device connected to the network.
Dear, I want to use physical remote.
I am not sure if sr8015 remote has a Back-lit feature.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While Logitech Harmony universal remotes are no longer in production, some are still available and would do what you want, or perhaps the Sofabaton remotes. I always have preferred this route over trying to make an avr or tv remote do everything....

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
Hi everyone, is anyone facing cinema 40 hang issue, restart or slowness or sometime loud humming issues.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hi everyone, is anyone facing cinema 40 hang issue, restart or slowness or sometime loud humming issues.
Hard to know what you're actually referring to, let alone specifics for this phenomena...

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
I am using C40 with Sony A90K with eARC. I connected my USB (lossless audio content) directly to AVR and when I choose AVR to play the content, it gives these kind of issues.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am using C40 with Sony A90K with eARC. I connected my USB (lossless audio content) directly to AVR and when I choose AVR to play the content, it gives these kind of issues.
Where is the usb cable coming from? Or you mean a thumb drive? AVRs are very limited in what they can do via usb either way....

ban25

ban25

Audioholic
USB to a PC could result in ground hum.

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
It's small pen drive directly xonnected to avr without any cable.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis