Marantz cinema 40 issues

Laika2

Laika2

Enthusiast
All Marantz and Denons from the past 4 years seem to do that. I finally am flawless but took a while to figure out the issues.

Get a new USB stick or old one unless your current one has very few files on it, copy over about 10 CDs, make sure not to copy the log file on the USB, just delete it. NOW Take your PC and something like Tag and rename and REDUCE ALL INTERNAL ALBUM ART TO 400 pixels, throw the new USB into the receiver. NOW unplug the receiver for about a minute. Plug back in and let it connect to the net. Now it should work fine, if not recheck all album art, 400 pixels, large art will make the track freeze and skip. Also keep folders clean, no external art, just songs with internal art and a playlist. Only other thing to watch for is too much under one folder (100 songs roughly, and too many albums by one artist) (You can fix that by breaking up the artist into live albums, eps, singles and studio. I just rename the artist in tag and rename to something like "artist name" Live"... "artist name" Album," then it appears as two artists.

BUT just try the first part, USB test stick 10 albums all art at 400 pixels, reboot receiver then it will work, now add another 10, if all works a few times start adding 20 at a time. I now have over 5000 cds with full tags in Flac running great. Every once in a while it will glitch and play choppy, all you need to do then is unplug the receiver for a minute and you are back to normal.

PS This is a good time as you are adding to go to artists, scroll down to unknown and make sure the folder is empty (using the receiver). If something is in there itbis tagged wrong, easier to fix them when throwing a small number at a time on the stick than throwing 4000 CDs files on and dealing with a few 100 unlabeled files all at once.

It's a pain but gets quite fast once you get the software down so it's a one button press to resize all internal album on one CD file,( there does not seem to be a global reduce all on the usb stick though if there is that would be a godsend hit button, walk away for a hour and everything works) Ic anyone knows of such a program or macro please let me know.

Laika2

Laika2

Enthusiast
PS Once it glitches, you must always unplug the receiver for a minute.something in the receiver gets screwed up, memory issue is my guess. Even if you pull the usb and fix the issue with a PC the receiver will likely still glitch untill you pull the AC cord which seems to force a whole re read of the USB, the 400 pixel reduction stops it from recurring (at leats not very often)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis