Mar a Lago raided by FBI

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Passports? How and why multiple passports?
While I heard different colors as a government person when he was a president, why should he retain them beyond the blue as just a plain civilian.
Just curious.
I heard that at least one had expired and if he had traveled to many exotic places, it gives him some kind of bragging rights and we all know he likes to brag.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I dunno, but I myself keep my older expired passports.
Yes, we have 10 year life on our passports. If that is a diplomatic passport he should not have access to it.
I guess the government can just cancel it So he cannot use it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, we have 10 year life on our passports. If that is a diplomatic passport he should not have access to it.
I guess the government can just cancel it So he cannot use it.
I doubt diplomatic priveleges exist for ex-presidents (or even current presidents for that matter) without some actual appointment in the diplomatic corps.

highfigh

highfigh

I doubt diplomatic priveleges exist for ex-presidents (or even current presidents for that matter) without some actual appointment in the diplomatic corps.
OTOH, Jimmy Carter went to North Korea to negotiate the release of an American prisoner when he was 'on a private humanitarian mission', according to the link.....

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Keep in mind that Trump took government documents when he left the White House. The documents are the property of the federal government. No one in their right mind would believe that the documents were the personal property of Trump. According to the search warrant that was released, the FBI did indeed retrieve property of the federal government when it searched Mar-a-Lago.

That's not to say he couldn't be indicted on various charges, but we already know he had government property in his possession that was retrieved by the FBI. Those are facts.
The fact that Trump took government property with him when he left the WH seems to get lost in the media noise (that's just a general observation, it's not directed at anyone posting here).

Bill Barr just hammered the point that the documents are owned by the government:

>>>“What people are missing, all the other documents taken, even if they claim to be executive privilege, either belong to the government because they are government records, even if they are classified, even if they are subject to executive privilege, they still belong to the government and go to the [National Archives],” Barr said.<<<

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The fact that Trump took government property with him when he left the WH seems to get lost in the media noise (that's just a general observation, it's not directed at anyone posting here).

Bill Barr just hammered the point that the documents are owned by the government:

>>>“What people are missing, all the other documents taken, even if they claim to be executive privilege, either belong to the government because they are government records, even if they are classified, even if they are subject to executive privilege, they still belong to the government and go to the [National Archives],” Barr said.<<<

Barr with some evidence of having his own balls....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Did I miss a picture of the passports or something?
If you are asking about Trumpsters passport, yes, we missed it, so far not published just one report I heard someone who should know there were 3 issued to him.
Don't know if one of the expired passports is blue or some other color.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

And now we have an approximate number of over 11k covering pictures as well. Who knows how much he took during the 4 years in office and where, which property and may be hiding there. Certainly, NY building may be a good location for him to store some.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
And now we have an approximate number of over 11k covering pictures as well. Who knows how much he took during the 4 years in office and where, which property and may be hiding there. Certainly, NY building may be a good location for him to store some.
The 48 empty folders are intriguing. My initial reaction is "The SOB gave them away or he's still hiding them somewhere" but it's hard to say without knowing more.

Based on what I've read in various media reports, the government keeps an inventory of some sort to track documents, so they may be able to determine if the contents of empty folders have been returned. That's speculative though, I really don't know.

If the documents are still unaccounted for, it could put the DOJ in a somewhat awkward position. Trump could decide he has an incentive to keep hiding the documents on the theory that turning them over would be an admission of further guilt. In theory the government could offer immunity against additional liability if he comes clean and returns any documents he still has, but the government might not have any way to know if he really did come clean (e.g. how would the government knnow he didn't copy some of the documents before returning the originals). To date, his track record with regards to coming clean is unimpressive, to say the least. On the other hand, a series of searches of Trump's other properties that turn up nothing would obviously give Trump a big talking point (of course it's not at all clear the FBI has sources outside of Mar-a-Lago sufficient to demonstrate probable cause even if Trump has hidden documents in other locations).

>>>WASHINGTON — The F.B.I.’s search of former President Donald J. Trump’s Florida club and residence last month turned up 48 empty folders marked as containing classified information, a newly disclosed court filing shows, raising the question of whether the government had fully recovered the documents or any remain missing.<<<

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The 48 empty folders are intriguing. My initial reaction is "The SOB gave them away or he's still hiding them somewhere" but it's hard to say without knowing more.

Based on what I've read in various media reports, the government keeps an inventory of some sort to track documents, so they may be able to determine if the contents of empty folders have been returned. That's speculative though, I really don't know.

If the documents are still unaccounted for, it could put the DOJ in a somewhat awkward position. Trump could decide he has an incentive to keep hiding the documents on the theory that turning them over would be an admission of further guilt. In theory the government could offer immunity against additional liability if he comes clean and returns any documents he still has, but the government might not have any way to know if he really did come clean (e.g. how would the government knnow he didn't copy some of the documents before returning the originals). To date, his track record with regards to coming clean is unimpressive, to say the least. On the other hand, a series of searches of Trump's other properties that turn up nothing would obviously give Trump a big talking point (of course it's not at all clear the FBI has sources outside of Mar-a-Lago sufficient to demonstrate probable cause even if Trump has hidden documents in other locations).

>>>WASHINGTON — The F.B.I.’s search of former President Donald J. Trump’s Florida club and residence last month turned up 48 empty folders marked as containing classified information, a newly disclosed court filing shows, raising the question of whether the government had fully recovered the documents or any remain missing.<<<

I could totally see him wanting to keep empty folders just so he could walk around his palace with his coloring book concealed inside. :p Of course his Sharpie steward would be carrying the "football" featuring all the rainbow of Sharpies!
I wonder if they let him play with the Fine Point Sharpies, or if they only let him have Chisel Tips?
OR!...
If the Sharpie Steward makes him enter his secret code in order to Launch a Sharpie!

George W... I'm so sorry I ever made fun of you.

:p

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Well, a nuclear document in the batch of secrets is confirmed. So sensitive special access is very limited to a handful of people.
Oh, but his reputation needs to be taken into account.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, a nuclear document in the batch of secrets is confirmed. So sensitive special access is very limited to a handful of people.
Oh, but his reputation needs to be taken into account.
Just get a bad feeling from the judge stacking and the special master thing....seems the cockroach has an escape possibility.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You know something is wrong when Barr is saying this is fishy AF. Even urging DOJ to appeal.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis