Mar a Lago raided by FBI

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This from Newsweek:

Hopefully the article is accessible to those without Apple News... Some interesting details in there.
Direct link:

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'm uncertain that schadenfreude is the correct term. To me there is nothing pleasurable or satisfying in any of this. Rather I find myself at a high level of consternation.
I find a lot of pleasure in the idea that Trump would fall as a result of a law he favored in 2018. Is he the first to become ensnared by this law?

But if shadenfreude is not the correct term, then perhaps the "Hoist With His Own Petard" Award would do as a name.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I find a lot of pleasure in the idea that Trump would fall as a result of a law he favored in 2018. Is he the first to become ensnared by this law?

But if shadenfreude is not the correct term, then perhaps the "Hoist With His Own Petard" Award would do as a name.
I think back to the wry commentary delivered by Steve Buscemi in Con Air... Define Irony:

Especially that knowing smile of Steve's delivered with a subtle nod... ;)

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
So apparently Trump invoked the fifth amendment roughly 400 times during his deposition in NY about his shifty real estate valuations. This after causing Hilary of the same thing during the 2016 campaign. By what I’ve read this will also go very badly for him as in a civil case taking the fifth means one is allowed to assume the worst given the available facts. But I suppose it’s the only way he can avoid perjuring himself.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So apparently Trump invoked the fifth amendment roughly 400 times during his deposition in NY about his shifty real estate valuations. This after causing Hilary of the same thing during the 2016 campaign. By what I’ve read this will also go very badly for him as in a civil case taking the fifth means one is allowed to assume the worst given the available facts. But I suppose it’s the only way he can avoid perjuring himself.
Yes, the idiot criminal spent six hours pleading the fifth! What a mega idiot this man is. The tragedy is that there is an army of idiots that think he should be President again!
The serious issue is that the inference has to be that there is a sizeable element of the population flirting, if not enamored with fascism, with significant numbers in elected office. This, I think is a major reason for grave concern.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think back to the wry commentary delivered by Steve Buscemi in Con Air... Define Irony:

Especially that knowing smile of Steve's delivered with a subtle nod... ;)
All Im saying is if Clinton can get impeached for messing around with and spooging on a young ladies dress then Trump can sure as heck get arrested if he's broken the law.

Didn't they say that part of the reason for impeachment was because it showed an issue with character?

Well Trump's character makes Clinton's character look like the next coming of Jesus Christ if we're talking about character

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
All Im saying is if Clinton can get impeached for messing around with and spooging on a young ladies dress then Trump can sure as heck get arrested if he's broken the law.

Didn't they say that part of the reason for impeachment was because it showed an issue with character?

Well Trump's character makes Clinton's character look like the next coming of Jesus Christ if we're talking about character
Times changed, drumphy's whoring didn't even bother them, let alone wife cheating, general lying about everything, etc....Clinton definitely had more character (let alone the far superior intellect).

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Excellent take on the drumph taking the fifth, especially considering his own position on that from the past (what, drumph flip flop when its to his advantage? Is that wrong? LOL).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Schadenfraude I think is still the best word so far. But will turn to bitterness if he slips out of another charge....

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Going to have to respectfully disagree. If he somehow gets knocked off a lot of politicians would magically grow a pair and speak against. Trump is the leader of a large fringe of far right that impact everything the Republican party does

The same as how far left progressives have grown to the point they impact a lot of what democrats do as well.

Coincidentally, I saw Hamlet last night, performed by a local theatre group "Shakespeare By The Sea".

highfigh

highfigh

The normal Twitter tire fire is today, a nuclear meltdown.

Much schadenfreude from the Dems, throwing GOP/conservative talking points back at them, such as, "Hey, if you didn't do anything wrong and comply with officers' instructions, you have nothing to worry about".
The lack of understanding of the 5th Amendment is staggering, everywhere. Saying what you quoted is a great example and if anyone has watched a cop show, they have heard "You have the right to remain silent...."- that's called Miranda Rights because of the accused person whose lawyer made the case that the client was never informed of his right to avoid self-incrimination because everyone is supposed to be tried in court before being found guilty, or not. It's for all of us, not just the guilty. Yesterday, I saw a comment from someone who thinks the judge should pound the gavel and say "Guilty" as soon as someone pleads the 5th- thinks it's an admission of guilt, but it's actually just self-protection from accusations.

highfigh

highfigh

I'm uncertain that schadenfreude is the correct term. To me there is nothing pleasurable or satisfying in any of this. Rather I find myself at a high level of consternation.
Using the typical definition, it's as good a word as any- might be nothing pleasurable for you, I and many others, but you have to know that millions are pissing themselves with glee over it.

This country has rarely been so divided and I'm not too thrilled by the options for solutions.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The lack of understanding of the 5th Amendment is staggering, everywhere. Saying what you quoted is a great example and if anyone has watched a cop show, they have heard "You have the right to remain silent...."- that's called Miranda Rights because of the accused person whose lawyer made the case that the client was never informed of his right to avoid self-incrimination because everyone is supposed to be tried in court before being found guilty, or not. It's for all of us, not just the guilty. Yesterday, I saw a comment from someone who thinks the judge should pound the gavel and say "Guilty" as soon as someone pleads the 5th- thinks it's an admission of guilt, but it's actually just self-protection from accusations.
And yet, the projection levels on GOP side fans are still staggering. You should learn what it means and when you should or shouldn't use it.
This is a CIVIL, not a criminal case.
Claiming the 5th protects you from self-incrimination of a CRIME.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
And yet, the projection levels on GOP side fans are still staggering. You should learn what it means and when you should or shouldn't use it.

You got it.

In a Civil case, taking the 5th allows the jury to assume the worst case since the defendant wouldn't answer and essentially admits their guilt.

highfigh

highfigh

Now the idiot is taking the fifth in a New York court room! Only a criminal needs to do this.
This being about Trump aside, what would you do if you were wrongly accused? THAT'S the reason the 5th was written as it is- remember, our Revolution came about because of a King and Parliament in YOUR home country due to the way they had been operating, not because they wanted to see guilty people exonerated in court. It's a right afforded to all, with the ultimate outcome being left to the cases brought by both sides, the judge and jury- too many guilty people are being set free without penalty for murder and other serious crimes because their lawyers know how to use the law & constitution- why should his lawyers suddenly grow a conscience when it's well known that they're supposed to create a moral break between themselves and their clients? They don't even ask clients if they're guilty, or not, because they become an accessory if they know this.

BTW- some acts and comments are now too well protected because shyster lawyers use emotion as weapon against the people the Constitution is supposed to protect. We're at the point where someone can make verbal death threats with the Police present and they won't do anything about it because it's called 'free speech'.

highfigh

highfigh

How is this a civil case if the DOJ is involved? Civil cases don't involve government agencies. Civil cases are between private people or entities- care to show how this is a civil case?

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis