Mar a Lago raided by FBI

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
This is awesome! Big bold move by the FBI and the Democrats.

I hope it works because

I want Trump out of my party sooooo badly.

It would be the best thing for the Republicans even though Trump fan boys will be in tears over it. He's tearing the party apart so many conservatives running for office have to say the stupidest things because they have to worry about losing his voter base. Which would impact there chances for election. But when the conservative runners spout off stupid sh$t to appease his base it just makes rational minded independent voters shy away so they lose out anyway

It's a HUUUUGE risk though.

If the FBI comes up with nothing? Then this backfires drastically and Trump can actually spin it to his advantage.

So I really need to give Democrats and the FBI a huge note of respect. This move took a lot of courage and risk to do. And I hope they get something that will stick.
Trump is your party at this point. The Republicans of yesterday are not returning.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Trump is your party at this point. The Republicans of yesterday are not returning.
Going to have to respectfully disagree. If he somehow gets knocked off a lot of politicians would magically grow a pair and speak against. Trump is the leader of a large fringe of far right that impact everything the Republican party does

The same as how far left progressives have grown to the point they impact a lot of what democrats do as well.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
This is the thing EVERYONE needs to be careful about.

The Democrats didn't do this. The DOJ and the FBI acted on evidence with a judge agreeing that this was a correct and fully legal move to collect further evidence.
This would absolutely not have happened unless there was already an airtight case and an almost certainty of gathering more evidence in the way of collecting further classified materials.

To be honest, the thing that blows is that Trump already tried to take over DOJ and politicize/weaponize all those tools for his personal vendettas.
Sadly, as we've seen, he's now flipping the script and making it look like that's exactly what the Dems did.

There have been many reports calling out that the White House and Biden, as well as the leaders of Congress WERE NOT informed prior to this happening. Moreover, the FBI is still headed by a Trump appointee in Wray.
Still more reports show that this warrant and the FBI raid are greatly overshadowing the recent victories for Biden Policy.
From a political standpoint, they want those policy victories to be the optics and run the full Press Cycle.

The only people that are talking up the Dems being responsible for this is the Republicans who are all acting as megaphones for Trump.

One last note: I am curious to know what Judge signed off on the warrant.
Frankly, I hope it is a judge appointed by a Republican, or better still Trump himself.

Rule of Law and Law and Order are just convenient talking points for the Right it would seem.
The director of the FBI was appointed by Trump. Thar ought to say something about how most people really feel about hm

There's been to many elected Democrat officials blasting off about this on Twitter and every other social media for perception not to be that the party supported or influenced this. Not a great idea by the way. They shouldn't say anything UNTIL the results of the investigation are in

It doesn't matter if Democrats initiated this or not. It will get put back on them if the FBI fails to come up with anything.

Trump will spin it that Biden and the democrats are so weak and scared of him running in 2024 they used the DOJ to try to take him out.but they couldn't because he has done nothing wrong. Would it be accurate? No. But it wouldn't have to be. Justs has to sound good

Which is why this was such a huge risk. And such a brave move. If this was poker the FBI made a massive bet to move in on the pot. Not quiet an all in move but a pretty big pot committed move regardless

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Going to have to respectfully disagree. If he somehow gets knocked off a lot of politicians would magically grow a pair and speak against. Trump is the leader of a large fringe of far right that impact everything the Republican party does

The same as how far left progressives have grown to the point they impact a lot of what democrats do as well.
A false equivalence.

C

cpd

Full Audioholic

I have to respectfully disagree with this. If Trump gets knocked off, DeSantis gets the nod. DeSantis espouses the same platform (only more eloquently) and caters to the exact same far right contingency. The far right is the fringe no more in the GOP. Sadly, there are no longer enough conservatives like yourself that support the constitution and the rule of law.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I have to respectfully disagree with this. If Trump gets knocked off, DeSantis gets the nod. DeSantis espouses the same platform (only more eloquently) and caters to the exact same far right contingency. The far right is the fringe no more in the GOP. Sadly, there are no longer enough conservatives like yourself that support the constitution and the rule of law.
Was about to say this as well. The far left has nowhere near the same control over the Democratic party. Joseph Biden was the party nominee for president, not Bernie Sanders. The far left does not influence Democratic Primaries anywhere near as much as Trump influences Republican primaries. Centrist Democrats are not afraid of the left wing of the party, but centrist Republicans are terrified of Trump, with the exception of Adam Kinzinger and Liz Cheney. Trump sets the talking points.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Fair enough we are in disagreement which there is nothing wrong with that I do respect your guys feelings and points even though I disagree. I guess it would be fair to say we will just have to let this play out and see which side is in the right.

I'll own it if I'm in the wrong

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
And then there is this from Michael Steele, former Chair of the RNC:

I used to think he was a horrible person but he has impressed me over the years as being quite reasonable rather than another extremist follower of the "New Republican Movement."

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic

Progressives are by no means far left unless you are far right.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Which is why this was such a huge risk. And such a brave move. If this was poker the FBI made a massive bet to move in on the pot. Not quiet an all in move but a pretty big pot committed move regardless
The FBI is investigating potential crimes. Let the political chips fall where they may.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Once again I'll have to disagree I grew up in a Republican family and I will never apologize for the fact that many of my values are conservative

Just as I will never stop hoping my party can be better.

I would never expect you guys to ever give up hoping your party can be better. So I would hope that you understand or can at least empathize with how I feel.

I did break away though. Voted for Clinton and Obama. Tired of the Bush Era tired of the warmongering

And I was very happy with both presidents and I was very happy with whom I had chosen to support

And then something changed. After Hillary lost and Trump won a lot changed and by the time 2020 hit there were some policies the democratic platform was pushing where quiet frankly I thought they had list there mind

To be fair the Republicans have just left me more then disappointed with some of there own. Covid policies and fake elections I could go on and on. They've left me so disappointed that normally I would go straight to voting for the other side and be a 100% on board with it

But I can't. Because after Hillary lost somewhere along the line the democratic party has changed too. If you don't agree I respect that. But all I can go on is what I see and my own convictions

But as I said in a post above let's let it play out. If time reveals I'm wrong I will own it both on this site and everywhere else

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Once again I'll have to disagree I grew up in a Republican family and I will never apologize for the fact that many of my values are conservative

Just as I will never stop hoping my party can be better.

I would never expect you guys to ever give up hoping your party can be better. So I would hope that you understand or can at least empathize with how I feel.

I did break away though. Voted for Clinton and Obama. Tired of the Bush Era tired of the warmongering

And I was very happy with both presidents and I was very happy with whom I had chosen to support

And then something changed. After Hillary lost and Trump won a lot changed and by the time 2020 hit there were some policies the democratic platform was pushing where quiet frankly I thought they had list there mind

To be fair the Republicans have just left me more then disappointed with some of there own. Covid policies and fake elections I could go on and on. They've left me so disappointed that normally I would go straight to voting for the other side and be a 100% on board with it

But I can't. Because after Hillary lost somewhere along the line the democratic party has changed too. If you don't agree I respect that. But all I can go on is what I see and my own convictions

But as I said in a post above let's let it play out. If time reveals I'm wrong I will own it both on this site and everywhere else
Instead of a lengthy and pointless discussion on which exactly points you're wrong (not that I disagree, but you are just stating incorrect information), I'd like to refer to Brandolini's Law which says:
"The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than that needed to produce it."

My observations about the republican party cater to the actual needs of 0.001% wealthy (why would otherwise Elon Musk "suddenly" switch sides after he became one of the wealthiest people)? Still, to gain enough support, it uses every shady trick in the book and caters to the least educated voting for GOP against their interests. I also agree with James that Eisenhower-era Republican politicians, who were highly educated people who cared about this country and its people but had slightly different economic ideas, are long gone. No amount of hope will bring it back.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Instead of a lengthy and pointless discussion on which exactly points you're wrong (not that I simply disagree, but you just stating incorrect information), I'd like to refer to Brandolini's Law which simply says:
"The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than that needed to produce it"

My own observations about the republican party cater to the actual needs of 0.001% wealthy (why would otherwise Elon Musk "suddenly" switch sides after he became one of the richest people), but to gain large enough support it uses every shady trick in book and caters to the least educated to vote for GOP in actuality against their own interests. I also agree with James, Eisenhower-era Republican politicians, who were highly educated people who actually care about this country and people with slightly different economic ideas.
I agree if that's the energy that you'd have coming into the conversation that somehow you'd have to refute my bullshit or I'd have to somehow refute what I think is yours is largely pointless for both of us. And not the direction I'd want to go with anybody.

Like I think I've said twice now in this thread if my feelings or thoughts play out wrong and democrats at this point in history are in the
right I'll happily own up to the fact that I was in the wrong.

I think that's the best that anyone could give a person in response really

Anyways I do hope the FBI sticks it to Trump I do hope that that can heal my party some and I do hope they deliver and it doesn't backfire both for them and the democratic party. I don't wish Ill on anyone. That was the jist of my first post.
Wasn't anticipating the amount of dialogue behind it but I do appreciate the conversations I really do

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't have loyalty to democrats myself, would rather see both parties with competition or just start fresh with a new slate of parties more representative of all of us than moving the advantage back and forth across a 50/50 line somewhat as if it were a sport or something. Too much simply doesn't get done, doesn't get managed, or things started and then cancelled with full bills due anyways. If the republicans were actually more conservative in some traditional ways, maybe, but they seem to spend money as well as democrats (and often not as much in the public interest), just in different pockets for the most part really, and don't seem to have good fiscal policies, and the weird coalition with the nutty white/christians/nationalists is downright scary, as well as the general racism and antagonistic attitudes against immigrants (yet all are descended from immigrants).

That this is being described as politically directed by the democrats seems only to relate to the "right" wing news outlets. Seems to involve even drumphy appointees in positions of power. Maybe....gasp.....this is about actual law enforcement and justice!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis