Mar a Lago raided by FBI

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Breaking news. A swarm of agents raided his home a few minutes ago.
I bet he is pissed to no end.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Breaking news. A swarm of agents raided his home a few minutes ago.
I bet he is pissed to no end.
Yeah, I saw that too. This will undoubtedly get massive news coverage, but it's unlikely we will know much about what (if anything) was found for quite some time.

Caution, lame and completely tasteless attempt at humor alert. . . . I wonder if they could just shoot him in the legs or something?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Wow.
They wouldn't do that lightly.
No, absolutely not without all the head guy signing off on it including AG, then the judge.
Now McCarthy is threatening AG publicly to keep all his documents and keep you calendar open if he takes over in January

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Yeah, I saw that too. This will undoubtedly get massive news coverage, but it's unlikely we will know much about what (if anything) was found for quite some time.

Caution, lame and completely tasteless attempt at humor alert. . . . I wonder if they could just shoot him in the legs or something?

Good possibility from reports that this is about documents the Archives is after, classified and all. Are thet sending a plumber to flush out the sewers? ;) :D

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Good possibility from reports that this is about documents the Archives is after, classified and all. Are thet sending a plumber to flush out the sewers? ;) :D
Yeah, there's actually more information coming out than I expected.

There's a lot buzz about Trump potentially being barred from office under 18 U.S.C. 2071:

What's interesting is that the DOJ says that this is a specific intent crime:

>>>There are several important aspects to this offense. First, it is a specific intent crime. This means that the defendant must act intentionally with knowledge that he is violating the law. See United States v. Simpson, 460 F.2d 515, 518 (9th Cir. 1972). Moreover, one case has suggested that this specific intent requires that the defendant know that the documents involved are public records. See United States v. DeGroat, 30 F. 764, 765 (E.D.Mich. 1887).<<< (emphasis added)

I wonder if this is related to the recent grand jury subpeona of former Trump White House Counsel Pat Cipollone.

The subpeona has been reported as being part of the January 6 DOJ investigation, but it may also be part of an effort to find out if Cipollone advised Trump he couldn't take the records with him and Trump ignored him. This would show that Trump knew he was violating the law.

That's speculative on my part. We really don't know right now.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The normal Twitter tire fire is today, a nuclear meltdown.

Much schadenfreude from the Dems, throwing GOP/conservative talking points back at them, such as, "Hey, if you didn't do anything wrong and comply with officers' instructions, you have nothing to worry about".

Then, the self-owns from Trump supporters, like, "Defund/disband the FBI!!!", after all the ridicule they threw at the "Defund the police" movement.

There is just too much to choose from to post here.

OK, I'll add this one:

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
To paraphrase @Mr._Clark , who said it much better…

The DOJ and the judge who signed the search warrant must have had very good reasons to go ahead with the search on the home of a former US president. The DOJ convinced the judge that a search could find evidence that a federal crime was committed – evidence that was being withheld.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
To paraphrase @Mr._Clark , who said it much better…

The DOJ and the judge who signed the search warrant must have had very good reasons to go ahead with the search on the home of a former US president. The DOJ convinced the judge that a search could find evidence that a federal crime was committed – evidence that was being withheld.
Absolutely. Generally speaking, political implications shouldn't have any influence on the request for, and granting of, a search warrant. But, in this case, the DOJ must have some very strong justification for it.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The normal Twitter tire fire is today, a nuclear meltdown.

Much schadenfreude from the Dems, throwing GOP/conservative talking points back at them, such as, "Hey, if you didn't do anything wrong and comply with officers' instructions, you have nothing to worry about".

Then, the self-owns from Trump supporters, like, "Defund/disband the FBI!!!", after all the ridicule they threw at the "Defund the police" movement.

There is just too much to choose from to post here.

OK, I'll add this one:
That Abby Johnson must be .....
The FBI goes after lots of people already, most of them very bad dudes. :eek: :D
Where do these A-holes get this stupidity from?

Be careful Abby, you may be next. ;)

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Not necessarily. First time for everything. :D
He does have couple of “firsts”: First President to be impeached twice, first former President to have his home raided by the feds searching for evidence of crime(s).

Looking forward to him also being the first former President in prison.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
People keep calling this resort his home when he's not even supposed to be living there. It's a violation of the agreement he made with the city after fighting to turn the home into a resort in the first place. Of course it's all just another one of his tax scams. There isn't a single thing trump does that's legit, nothing.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
This is awesome! Big bold move by the FBI and the Democrats.

I hope it works because

I want Trump out of my party sooooo badly.

It would be the best thing for the Republicans even though Trump fan boys will be in tears over it. He's tearing the party apart so many conservatives running for office have to say the stupidest things because they have to worry about losing his voter base. Which would impact there chances for election. But when the conservative runners spout off stupid sh$t to appease his base it just makes rational minded independent voters shy away so they lose out anyway

It's a HUUUUGE risk though.

If the FBI comes up with nothing? Then this backfires drastically and Trump can actually spin it to his advantage.

So I really need to give Democrats and the FBI a huge note of respect. This move took a lot of courage and risk to do. And I hope they get something that will stick.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Big bold move by the FBI and the Democrats.
This is the thing EVERYONE needs to be careful about.

The Democrats didn't do this. The DOJ and the FBI acted on evidence with a judge agreeing that this was a correct and fully legal move to collect further evidence.
This would absolutely not have happened unless there was already an airtight case and an almost certainty of gathering more evidence in the way of collecting further classified materials.

To be honest, the thing that blows is that Trump already tried to take over DOJ and politicize/weaponize all those tools for his personal vendettas.
Sadly, as we've seen, he's now flipping the script and making it look like that's exactly what the Dems did.

There have been many reports calling out that the White House and Biden, as well as the leaders of Congress WERE NOT informed prior to this happening. Moreover, the FBI is still headed by a Trump appointee in Wray.
Still more reports show that this warrant and the FBI raid are greatly overshadowing the recent victories for Biden Policy.
From a political standpoint, they want those policy victories to be the optics and run the full Press Cycle.

The only people that are talking up the Dems being responsible for this is the Republicans who are all acting as megaphones for Trump.

One last note: I am curious to know what Judge signed off on the warrant.
Frankly, I hope it is a judge appointed by a Republican, or better still Trump himself.

Rule of Law and Law and Order are just convenient talking points for the Right it would seem.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis