ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
That looks really good but I don't understand what you are doing. Are the bookshelve speakers going on the opposite wall or do you have to stick your head between them and the surrounds to hear the surround sound?
This is the big idea.

I'm thinking to cut into the wall to wire up the Aperion 5DB's so that no wires are seen and have the bookshelves and passive sub wired neatly ... I don't know ... screw it ... I have a couple of lengths of wire molding and I'm going to surface mount the ... paralyzed by indecision ... what would Bandphan do? ... crack open a Harps and crank it up? :confused: :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Are the bookshelf speakers going on the opposite wall or do you have to stick your head between them and the surrounds to hear the surround sound?
The surrounds are computer speakers. They are rated at -3db @ 100Hz and -6db @ 80 Hz. Good enough for YouTube and whatever comes out of the computer. I've had them sitting in a box for too long and wanted to use them for something. They'll get powered by a cheesy old school Pioneer SX-650 for now.

The bookshelves are for music and will be used in conjunction with that sub. They will be driven by an H/K AVR 430 and the sub will be driven by Walter's Carver C-500 amp from a full range Zone 2 ... and I might try to squeeze Walter's Technics SH-9010 EQ into the mix.

... or something like that. I have an extra couple of TT's and a Denon DVD 2200 kicking around ... :confused: :rolleyes:

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
So...uh...wanna come fix up my house. It's a new build with really, really, really crappy quality control. If I had seen all the defects I've discovered on the initial walk through, I never would have signed the papers.

Looks great, btw!

-pat

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If I had seen all the defects I've discovered on the initial walk through, I never would have signed the papers.
Amazingly enough South Florida has some really well built homes. Even though I personally don't like textured walls of any kind because I believe it demonstrates an inability to produce a slick finish at least the framing, insulation and drywall are inspected ... and those inspections are strict.

Arizona on the hand isn't going to have that quality control because of the lack of hurricanes. Up here I would expect better work but residential construction, especially condo's, don't seem to get the same level of finish that commercial gets.

The rest of my house looks like a bomb hit it from emptying out that room. I would have so much more space if I didn't have tools, albums and electronics gear but as far as things go those are some of my favorites. :rolleyes:

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
The rest of my house looks like a bomb hit it from emptying out that room. I would have so much more space if I didn't have tools, albums and electronics gear but as far as things go those are some of my favorites. :rolleyes:
You know way more than I do about this stuff, but my friend recently used some free online program to design a custom (large) closet. Very efficient. Just a thought. For your vinyls and what not, maybe a wall library, with a sliding ladder. :D Then you go Hugh Hefner and buy a nice silk robe. Maybe with your own twist with smoking pipe, spectacles hanging on the end of nose, and some bunny slippers. Pink of course.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
You know way more than I do about this stuff, but my friend recently used some free online program to design a custom (large) closet. Very efficient. Just a thought. For your vinyls and what not, maybe a wall library, with a sliding ladder. :D Then you go Hugh Hefner and buy a nice silk robe. Maybe with your own twist with smoking pipe, spectacles hanging on the end of nose, and some bunny slippers. Pink of course.
This post would be so much more meaningful with added PICS, ;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
This post would be so much more meaningful with added PICS, ;)
Of his friend's ;) ;) closet? He could just take pic's of his own closet. :eek: :D

With a thread title like Mantown, I'm surprised it took this long for the sausagefest to start grinding out links.

I'm taped out and everything has a coat of primer. Today I want to get 2 coats of color.
That's kind of ambitious but I gotta make it happen.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm taped out and everything has a coat of primer. Today I want to get 2 coats of color.
That's kind of ambitious but I gotta make it happen.
Wow, it sounds like you've been working non-stop.
You're going to be asleep all weekend.:eek:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Rick, you are totally to blame for all this but when it's done you will not get any credit.....

... man am I glad this is only one room. ;)
I hope Mantown is ready for my arrival Saturday, and that it's a simple fix for your one speaker channel that's out; I'd really like to hear what it sounds like.
Are cigars mandatory in Mantown?:D
Oh, what's the dress code for R.I.? Do we have to where those yellow rain slickers, even if it's hot and not raining?:confused:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
....Oh, what's the dress code for R.I.? Do we have to where those yellow rain slickers, even if it's hot and not raining?:confused:
Yes, but without pants or underwear and you need a wide brimmed hat slouched over your face....

:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
My living room is like the Harman test facility where they only let you listen to one speaker at a time. I just got all the stuff moved back into Mantown but the gear isn't hooked up and I haven't had a chance to check out the living room Primus mono rig. :eek:

Is that a Creature sub I see? :)
Creature sub ??? I feel like I'm stepping into a punch line but it's an Infinity passive band pass with a couple of 8" drivers that's rated (probably optimistically) to 45Hz. I'm just waiting for Greg to call it a pocket sub ... again. :)

I got stuff to do. ;)

Edit: Rockin' stereo output again. Bad connection I guess. Fixed.
Now to get Mantown sorted out gear wise.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The plastic one on top of the PC... I looked it up, it is the H/K 2.1 setup.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The plastic one on top of the PC... I looked it up, it is the H/K 2.1 setup.
Oh, the SoundSticks II with the 20 watts RMS sub that weighs in at a whopping 5 lbs ... well, almost 5 lbs. I just replaced that with the Aperion 5DB's. Just got it working. I rule. :rolleyes: :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis