moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
No can do on the wire. It's the slack I need for the sliding keyboard shelf.
However you might appreciate this attempt at decoupling.

The lower piece is probably a 1"x2" African Mahogany frame with the middle filled in with some sort of high density composite rubber that hockey players walk on on the way to the rink. The top is a White Birch cabinet door. The blue stuff is an actual acoustical product. I might dress up that edge but if you're in a position to be looking at those little holes and the blue latex foam ... that stuff is the last thing on your mind.

what does that ish under the sub do for the sound?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
what does that ish under the sub do for the sound?
ish ??? :confused:

Bass doesn't rumble the floor to where I can feel it with my foot any more. I ran some measurements before and may do so again at some point but I'm uncertain if anything decisive will be demonstrated as I have played around with the EQ and crossover points. I'm of the understanding that decoupling is a good thing. This was cheaper than a Gramma.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Urban Dictionary: Ish. I was thinking that or rubbish.

That blue stuff is like $4.50/ft and it was used as part of a sub floor assembly with the specific purpose of stopping sound transmission. That little sub does put out some rumble with music when it's being driven by that Carver. The trick was to tame it a little for sound quality and reduce structural resonance. I do believe it sounds better now. I wonder if using more ish under the Mahogany would be of further benefit. I do know that it matches my Makita saw box. :rolleyes:

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
Urban Dictionary: Ish. I was thinking that or rubbish.

That blue stuff is like $4.50/ft and it was used as part of a sub floor assembly with the specific purpose of stopping sound transmission. That little sub does put out some rumble with music when it's being driven by that Carver. The trick was to tame it a little for sound quality and reduce structural resonance. I do believe it sounds better now. I wonder if using more ish under the Mahogany would be of further benefit. I do know that it matches my Makita saw box. :rolleyes:
what's the blue ish called and where can you get it?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
what's the blue ish called and where can you get it?
No clue. It was spec'ed for a job and ordered from over seas. I got my hands on some scraps. I seem to remember it being a neoprene closed cell foam. If I didn't have it and the wood just laying around I would definitely go with a Gramma.

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
No clue. It was spec'ed for a job and ordered from over seas. I got my hands on some scraps. I seem to remember it being a neoprene closed cell foam. If I didn't have it and the wood just laying around I would definitely go with a Gramma.
what is a gamma?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I kinda figured Mantown would have more boobies (not man boobs), beer and cars :p

Gramma = a good thing for most subs.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I fiercely defend this rooms sovereignty but it's like my Canada to Cheryl's America. It's like sharing a continent with a smaller neighbor that has a disproportionately large say. Even though I claim that this room has a separate identity ... it's a lie. Even though I'm bilingual ... English is what counts. I have even had free trade with her come back to haunt me. Even though I keep telling myself that I'm playing chess to her checkers, it's my pawns that keep getting picked off ... and my balls? ... gone. :eek:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I fiercely defend this rooms sovereignty but it's like my Canada to Cheryl's America. It's like sharing a continent with a smaller neighbor that has a disproportionately large say. Even though I claim that this room has a separate identity ... it's a lie. Even though I'm bilingual ... English is what counts. I have even had free trade with her come back to haunt me. Even though I keep telling myself that I'm playing chess to her checkers, it's my pawns that keep getting picked off ... and my balls? ... gone. :eek:
But you at least have territory :)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Gone? There are several levels of gone. Are they:

Just shriveled up due to non-use.
Hiding deep inside to avoid the ol' chop chop?
Already chopped off and in a jar in her medicine cabinet?
Long ago chopped off and fed to Fido?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis