Matt34

Matt34

BPA-1 arrived!

Listening to some live Seether "One Cold Night", the X-ls and HSU just sound awesome!:D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
nice pics, what are the BPA-1's for? separate bookshelves or does it have HT bypass?

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
Hey Matt, it's great to see you're back in the states. Also good to see the x-cs arrived in good shape. How does everything sound?

Matt34

Matt34

Hey Matt, it's great to see you're back in the states. Also good to see the x-cs arrived in good shape. How does everything sound?
Yup the X-cs was in perfect condition;) , my wife thought it was another box of the X-LS because of the size. I'm really enjoying the X-series speakers and they are the perfect fit for my small room.

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
I have it pushing the X-ls bookshelves.
How do you like the emotiva matched with the X-LS? I'm looking at the exact same setup for some casual 2-channel listening.

I know it's a thread hi-jack, not to mention posting on a 2 month old thread...oh well.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hey Matt,

Love that setup!! Is that in a spare bedroom? You should hang a sign outside the doorway that reads... "Man-Town":cool: I also like the added touch with the movie posters.

The dark colors are cool too....... (no better way to watch a movie than in a room with dark walls)

Do you have plans to incorporate room treatments?

Matt34

Matt34

How do you like the emotiva matched with the X-LS? I'm looking at the exact same setup for some casual 2-channel listening.

I know it's a thread hi-jack, not to mention posting on a 2 month old thread...oh well.
It's a really well made piece of equipment, honestly I can't really tell a difference between the HK pushing the X-ls to the BPA-1. The difference in power between the receiver and amp is not much. If anything it takes the load off the amp in the HK.

Matt34

Matt34

Hey Matt,

Love that setup!! Is that in a spare bedroom? You should hang a sign outside the doorway that reads... "Man-Town":cool: I also like the added touch with the movie posters.

The dark colors are cool too....... (no better way to watch a movie than in a room with dark walls)

Do you have plans to incorporate room treatments?
Yeah it's a spare 13x15 bedroom. I may add bass traps if needed once I actually see my room response with the SMS-1, I really don't have much room left on the walls for other treatments.

Matt34

Matt34

Some updates to the Man Cave and more of my renown photography skills at hand.;)

I added a second HSU VTF 3 mk II to the setup, ended up placing it behind the seating area in the opposite corner of the front HSU.

360 Elite

SMS-1

Upper left hand corner you can see a black box, that's the Mono Price Component switcher.

My first home audio DIY project coming along.

300w Bash plate amp

I'm using the 12" Alpine Type R DVC right now, just because it was something I already had. I'm probably going to go with a JL once I figure out which one would best suit my application. It going in the bedroom with my old BIC Acoustech setup and a Pioneer 517k.

Size comparison to the HSU.

On order are four 24"x24"x2" ATS acoustic panels. Can't hardly beat the price, figure I will use two of them at the first reflection points, the other two I'm undecided on where to put them.
http://www.atsacoustics.com/item--ATS-Acoustic-Panel-24x24x2--1000.html

Matt34

Matt34

Got the ATS room treatments today. I think I would have been hard pressed to make my own for the $21 these cost me (each).

Hopefully I'll get them hung this weekend.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Sweet, you will like having two subs. It solves so many issues.

Matt34

Matt34

Sweet, you will like having two subs. It solves so many issues.
It is nice, I've been messing around with sub placement, the SMS-1 real time analyzes alone is worth the cost. I have a pretty flat response with one dip around 50hz. Going to try setting my subs crossover right above my receivers XO point.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
It is nice, I've been messing around with sub placement, the SMS-1 real time analyzes alone is worth the cost. I have a pretty flat response with one dip around 50hz. Going to try setting my subs crossover right above my receivers XO point.
After you get it dialed in you should find that you have a more even response throughout the room and some of the anomalies will tame down a bit. Once you have flattened out best you can, you might at first think that you are missing some bass but your not. You will start to hear things that you didn't realize were there. Thats what happened in my case anyway.

Matt34

Matt34

New additions to the Man Cave include two more Emotiva BPA-1 so now running the three in mono to the center, L/R channels and as got the Toshiba HD-A2.

Last edited:
W

westcott

Audioholic General
New additions to the Man Cave include two more Emotiva BPA-1 so now running the three mono to the center, L/R channels and the Toshiba HD-A2.

Just curious why you went with mono's instead of a multichannel solution?

I also wanted to know if you are happy with the operation of your HD A2. I am in the process of bidding on its older brother, the HDXA2 and was curious as to how well it functions? Any feedback on both the player and the Emotiva's would be welcome. Both are great additions to any home theater.

Congratulations!!!!!

Matt34

Matt34

Just curious why you went with mono's instead of a multichannel solution?

I also wanted to know if you are happy with the operation of your HD A2. I am in the process of bidding on its older brother, the HDXA2 and was curious as to how well it functions? Any feedback on both the player and the Emotiva's would be welcome. Both are great additions to any home theater.

Congratulations!!!!!

They were on sale for $129 shipped so I couldn't say no.;) I was going to hold out for Emotiva's new 5ch/200w amp but the currrent sale broke the camels back and since I already had one, it was the cheaper route.

I've only hooked up the A2 last night so I've had no real time to mess with it. I threw in Transformers just to make sure everything was hooked up correctly and visually, I thought it looked better than on my old SD Pioneer Dv-588 player...but that could all be in my head.

The start-up time didn't seem that long, maybe a couple seconds longer than the pioneer, nothing like I was expecting it to be after reading about long start-up times online.

Now I just need an HD projector.:cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis