Maestro ac power cables ?

A

Audio_Karma

Audioholic Intern
I'm trying to figure out if your posting is tongue and cheek. Picture quality cannot improve or get worse with HDMI connections simply by changing your power cables. Either it works (clear picture no sparkles) or it doesn't work at all, or you get sparkles or intermittent audio/video drop outs. It's that simple. Power cables cannot enhance the color or deepen the black levels. If you like how the cables cosmetically dress up your system, then more power to you (no pun intended) but please realize there is NO science behind your claims.
Hi Gene

I'm only posting what I'm seeing here in my system. You can try some of these power cables in your system and let us know what you think.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I use after market power cables, I admit it. The ones I use now reject noise considerably better than the stock cables. I can actually use my cell phone in the music room, now without hearing it through my speakers.

DJ

A

Audio_Karma

Audioholic Intern
I had a friend of mine bring over his cables a while back and he did my whole system with his cables. If there was a difference I couldn't tell. The speaker wires, all cables (XLR-RCA-Power cords) retail I would say came in between 30k-50k. I don't know what he paid for them. I have a few 6' HDMI cables at $330.00 each and I can't tell the difference between them and the $3.00 HDMI cables from monoprice. I guess my eyes and ears are going bad. His did look a lot better then mine though.
You need to try one of these Mapleshade Vivilink 2 PLUS HDMI cables http://shop.mapleshadestore.com This is the HDMI cable that I have in my system...2 meter cable $205

Last edited:
A

Audio_Karma

Audioholic Intern
I'm trying to figure out if your posting is tongue and cheek. Picture quality cannot improve or get worse with HDMI connections simply by changing your power cables. Either it works (clear picture no sparkles) or it doesn't work at all, or you get sparkles or intermittent audio/video drop outs. It's that simple. Power cables cannot enhance the color or deepen the black levels. If you like how the cables cosmetically dress up your system, then more power to you (no pun intended) but please realize there is NO science behind your claims.
Gene

If you try out these Maestro ac outlets, Maestro power cables and Mapleshade Vivilink 2 PLUS HDMI cable, >"just like I have in my system"<, could you please let us know if all HDMI cables are the same? THANK YOU

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Gene

If you try out these Maestro ac outlets, Maestro power cables and Mapleshade Vivilink 2 PLUS HDMI cable, >"just like I have in my system"<, could you please let us know if all HDMI cables are the same? THANK YOU
Haven't you yet realized that you are on the WRONG FORUM to be spitting out BS about power cables and wires.

Your house has a lot of stock Romex wire supplying your power from the panel to the outlets. It is completely absurd to suggest that 3 feet of high priced cable between 100ft of romex and your device is going to make any difference to the sound. At least not any improvement.

For your theory to hold up, you would have to replace ALL the wiring in your house with high quality cabling (and you would still not have any improvement in sound quality).

The only thing you are doing here is giving all of us a good chuckle at your expense. We don't allow snake oil mumbo jumbo to cloud objective measurements and good judgment.

On the other hand, your posts are full of hyperbole, subjective comments, and poor judgments. I'm beginning to suspect that you may be a dealer for this particular brand and are trying to poison this site with covert advertising.

Last edited:
A

Audio_Karma

Audioholic Intern
Haven't you yet realized that you are on the WRONG FORUM to be spitting out BS about power cables and wires.

Your house has a lot of stock Romex wire supplying your power from the panel to the outlets. It is completely absurd to suggest that 3 feet of high priced cable between 100ft of romex and your device is going to make any difference to the sound. At least not any improvement.

For your theory to hold up, you would have to replace ALL the wiring in your house with high quality cabling (and you would still not have any improvement in sound quality).

The only thing you are doing here is giving all of us a good chuckle at your expense. We don't allow snake oil mumbo jumbo to cloud objective measurements and good judgment.

On the other hand, your posts are full of hyperbole, subjective comments, and poor judgments. I'm beginning to suspect that you may be a dealer for this particular brand and are trying to poison this site with covert advertising.

If the products that I'm using were snake oil, I would have sent them back and got my money back! BUT these Maestro ac outlets, Maestro power cables and Mapleshade Vivilink 2 PLUS HDMI cables are NOT SNAKE OIL!! And no I'm not a dealer and I'm not connected with any of these products in any way.

If someone here wants to try these products in their system, they can come on this forum and tell us all if these products are snake oil or not. I'm just posting what these products together did to my Home Theater system.

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
This guy, under that same screen name, posts on other websites such as AVS, touting, or looking to promote, products of dubious or highly speculative benefits or performance. In a world of billions of people with generally wide ranging Internet access, it takes but a small percentage to buy into this. Even people whom one would think to be otherwise intelligent, frequently fall prey to bogus products and claims.

I would suggest that unless the general population enjoys bantering with him that the appropriate administrative action be taken and not only his screen name be banned but his IP blocked.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
If the products that I'm using were snake oil, I would have sent them back and got my money back! BUT these Maestro ac outlets, Maestro power cables and Mapleshade Vivilink 2 PLUS HDMI cables are NOT SNAKE OIL!! And no I'm not a dealer and I'm not connected with any of these products in any way.

If someone here wants to try these products in their system, they can come on this forum and tell us all if these products are snake oil or not. I'm just posting what these products together did to my Home Theater system.
Synergistically speaking, if you think they'll add a little extra something to my system I'd give them a shot.
A week or two ago my wife and I were watching a blu-ray and turned to each other at the same time and said, "This system lacks synergy."
I've never had luck with matching cables and outlets :(
My last attempt, I had a very nice musical 20 Amp outlet. Unfortunately I mismatched it with danceable cables.
Luckily it was just us and we didn't have the neighbors over.:eek:

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
This guy, under that same screen name, posts on other websites such as AVS, touting, or looking to promote, products of dubious or highly speculative benefits or performance. In a world of billions of people with generally wide ranging Internet access, it takes but a small percentage to buy into this. Even people whom one would think to be otherwise intelligent, frequently fall prey to bogus products and claims.

I would suggest that unless the general population enjoys bantering with him that the appropriate administrative action be taken and not only his screen name be banned but his IP blocked.
Now, now, now even shills need to be heard. It's up to those who know better to dispell, and refute through logical discourse. That's what I truly love about the forum format, irrespective of which hobby site I'm apart of, is that the bullshit always sinks to the bottom. We should be here to educate those that do not know better through vigorous debate. Our words should stand against, or with for anyone who wishes to read in their entirety in order to distill the truth from them.

DJ

Last edited:
djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Synergistically speaking, if you think they'll add a little extra something to my system I'd give them a shot.
A week or two ago my wife and I were watching a blu-ray and turned to each other at the same time and said, "This system lacks synergy."
My last attempt, I had a very nice musical 20 Amp outlet. Unfortunately I mismatched it with danceable cables.
OMG, pray that wouldn't have gotten around the community. They might've run you out!

DJ

A

Audio_Karma

Audioholic Intern
I still can't believe what all these products together did to the Directv 1080i signal !.. I don't have a Blu-Ray Player so I don't know what improvements these products will do to blu-ray movies.

I should be getting my break-in power cable adapters in the mail on Monday so I can start breaking in these power cables. I will let you all know if these Maestro outlets are a good match with these Maestro power cables after they break-in good for two weeks.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I still can't believe what all these products together did to the Directv 1080i signal !.. I don't have a Blu-Ray Player so I don't know what improvements these products will do to blu-ray movies.

I should be getting my break-in power cable adapters in the mail on Monday so I can start breaking in these power cables. I will let you all know if these Maestro outlets are a good match with these Maestro power cables after they break-in good for two weeks.
Try elevating ALL of your cables off the floor to avoid electron misfiring. Some audiophiles swear by it.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Like I mentioned in my posts, $335.00 Verastarr HDMI cables and $3.00 Monoprice HDMI cables are the same. Verastarr does come with a birth certificate and a little nicer looking, but that's as far as it goes. There is no difference at all. I got a few Monster Cables laying around too.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
In 2003, when I started to enter the world of more upscale equipment & Separates with my AVM30 Anthem and PVA 7 I didn't know better and was paying close to 600 for Monster interconnect cables. I was ignorant and didn't know better. I have since learned, and while everyone has the right to their opinion, its a fine line vs. the abstract descriptions with little substance behind it to the claim on how a cable performs. I hope others don't make my mistake. The more I have learned from these sites, the less money I waste on unnecessary gear that won't impact my performance, but I do make up for it on more gear in general :)

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Now, now, now even shills need to be heard. It's up to those who know better to dispell, and refute through logical discourse. That's what I truly love about the forum format, irrespective of which hobby site I'm apart of, is that the bullshit always sinks to the bottom. We should be here to educate those that do not know better through vigorous debate. Our words should stand against, or with for anyone who wishes to read in their entirety in order to distill the truth from them.

DJ
Do they really? Engaging in a conversation or a debate tends to imply an equivalence between the two. That somehow both positions are worthy of the public's serious consideration because both have merit. There are unintended consequences with this and they're not always pleasant.

For example, the movement by uninformed people, notably Jenny McCarthy, WRT urging that parents not vaccinate their kids because the minuscule amount of mercury as a preservative leads to autism received wide play in the media. Where once whooping cough, polio, and other disease were virtually eradicated, now we see outbreaks.

There are parents who've chosen to not seek medical treatment for their children because only faith can save them has resulted in deaths. Then you have schools looking to give equal weight to Creationsim and Evolution in textbooks. This results in groups of children ill equipped to function in modern society.

Now, it's not as life and death when it comes to audio but it all falls under the umbrella of some sort of scam or con perpetrated by those who may or may not know better augmented by folks whose delusional testimonies are put forth as proof.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Do they really? Engaging in a conversation or a debate tends to imply an equivalence between the two. That somehow both positions are worthy of the public's serious consideration because both have merit. There are unintended consequences with this and they're not always pleasant.

For example, the movement by uninformed people, notably Jenny McCarthy, WRT urging that parents not vaccinate their kids because the minuscule amount of mercury as a preservative leads to autism received wide play in the media. Where once whooping cough, polio, and other disease were virtually eradicated, now we see outbreaks.

There are parents who've chosen to not seek medical treatment for their children because only faith can save them has resulted in deaths. Then you have schools looking to give equal weight to Creationsim and Evolution in textbooks. This results in groups of children ill equipped to function in modern society.

Now, it's not as life and death when it comes to audio but it all falls under the umbrella of some sort of scam or con perpetrated by those who may or may not know better augmented by folks whose delusional testimonies are put forth as proof.
Look, there will always be dupeable/apathetic people, but by censoring the debate you limit the range of discovery. The discourse renders out the malarky for those who are patient enough to pursue it. For those who aren't - you get what you pay for. This is a research driven hobby. For those who don't do the research, the lessons are expensive, but that's not because the information doesn't exist - they just chose not to take the time to seek it.

A

Audio_Karma

Audioholic Intern
I'm watching football right now and these Maestro power cables and Mapleshade Vivilink 2 PLUS HDMI cable together.. just keeps on getting BETTER!.. I can't believe the "LIGHT OUTPUT" I'm getting out of my Pioneer 500m Plasma now!! The picture looks SO BRIGHT!! Why is this happening Gene ???

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis