Maestro ac power cables ?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Has anyone tried out these Maestro power cables yet?

http://www.cruzefirstaudio.com/maestro_PC.htm
The Maestro M1 power cord has been designed with the same sonic principles behind the Maestro outlet and it is a perfect match for it.

You need to get tyhe power outlet as well, they are designed to operate in tandem. :eek:
Oh, why do you think you need this after market power cable in the first place? Just very curious.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
To answer your question, I doubt that anyone here has tried them. When looking at electrical resistance, distance is important. So, while it might make sense to have the conductors in your power cord be larger than those inside of the electrical equipment that you're connecting to (because the lengths inside the box are typically pretty short) - the conductors running throughout your house, and to your house, far FAR outweigh the loses in a 1.5m power cord. No amount of advertising can change physics.

Not being sarcastic, you can certainly compare the performance between that $400 (for 1.5m) power cord to one from Monoprice or about anywhere else that'll cost you about $5. I'd be interested to know if you can tell a difference.

A

Audio_Karma

Audioholic Intern
The Maestro M1 power cord has been designed with the same sonic principles behind the Maestro outlet and it is a perfect match for it.

You need to get tyhe power outlet as well, they are designed to operate in tandem. :eek:
Oh, why do you think you need this after market power cable in the first place? Just very curious.
I already have some of those Maestro ac outlets that I really like a lot ! I'm going to try one of these Maestro power cables and see what it does in my system.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I already have some of those Maestro ac outlets that I really like a lot ! I'm going to try one of these Maestro power cables and see what it does in my system.
I had a friend of mine bring over his cables a while back and he did my whole system with his cables. If there was a difference I couldn't tell. The speaker wires, all cables (XLR-RCA-Power cords) retail I would say came in between 30k-50k. I don't know what he paid for them. I have a few 6' HDMI cables at $330.00 each and I can't tell the difference between them and the $3.00 HDMI cables from monoprice. I guess my eyes and ears are going bad. His did look a lot better then mine though.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
To answer your question, I doubt that anyone here has tried them. When looking at electrical resistance, distance is important. So, while it might make sense to have the conductors in your power cord be larger than those inside of the electrical equipment that you're connecting to (because the lengths inside the box are typically pretty short) - the conductors running throughout your house, and to your house, far FAR outweigh the loses in a 1.5m power cord. No amount of advertising can change physics.

Not being sarcastic, you can certainly compare the performance between that $400 (for 1.5m) power cord to one from Monoprice or about anywhere else that'll cost you about $5. I'd be interested to know if you can tell a difference.
I have tried one and I still have it. I've tried it with a LOT of different gear and it has made exactly zero difference in any device I've tried it on, but I still use it now simply because it is there.

A

Audio_Karma

Audioholic Intern
Guys, I just got my Maestro power cables and they are AMAZING on Video !...

I have a Maestro power cable hooked up to my Pioneer 500m Plasma and a Maestro power cable hooked up to my Directv HD receiver....you need a Cloverleaf C-5 male IEC Adapter from http://www.dedicatedaudio.com/inc/sdetail/2246/10286 to hook up these power cables to these Directv HD receivers....I got mine back in 2009

The imaging has improved BIG TIME in 3D, much more DEPTH, much more DEFINITION and CONTRAST!....the IMAGE really POPS now!..

The DEEP RICH COLORS look very very FILM-LIKE....the BLACKS look very INKY now!..

The picture looks SO SHARP that it looks almost like I have a 4K Plasma now!!

I'm now waiting for my Dedicated Audio break-in power cable adapters to come in from the mail http://www.dedicatedaudio.com/inc/sdetail/2246/609 so I can hook up all these Maestro power cables together and then hook them up to my high velocity fan and let them break-in good for two weeks. I will give some feedback on the Audio performance of these Maestro power cables after break-in.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Op forgot the $4000 power strip. Without all is lost

A

Audio_Karma

Audioholic Intern
Guys, I can't believe what I'm seeing myself...this is a "power cable" for crying out loud!!...

I can't wait to hear what these power cables do to the Audio Performance now!..

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Guys, I just got my Maestro power cables and they are AMAZING on Video !...

I have a Maestro power cable hooked up to my Pioneer 500m Plasma and a Maestro power cable hooked up to my Directv HD receiver....you need a Cloverleaf C-5 male IEC Adapter from http://www.dedicatedaudio.com/inc/sdetail/2246/10286 to hook up these power cables to these Directv HD receivers....I got mine back in 2009

The imaging has improved BIG TIME in 3D, much more DEPTH, much more DEFINITION and CONTRAST!....the IMAGE really POPS now!..

The DEEP RICH COLORS look very very FILM-LIKE....the BLACKS look very INKY now!..

The picture looks SO SHARP that it looks almost like I have a 4K Plasma now!!

I'm now waiting for my Dedicated Audio break-in power cable adapters to come in from the mail http://www.dedicatedaudio.com/inc/sdetail/2246/609 so I can hook up all these Maestro power cables together and then hook them up to my high velocity fan and let them break-in good for two weeks. I will give some feedback on the Audio performance of these Maestro power cables after break-in.
I'm trying to figure out if your posting is tongue and cheek. Picture quality cannot improve or get worse with HDMI connections simply by changing your power cables. Either it works (clear picture no sparkles) or it doesn't work at all, or you get sparkles or intermittent audio/video drop outs. It's that simple. Power cables cannot enhance the color or deepen the black levels. If you like how the cables cosmetically dress up your system, then more power to you (no pun intended) but please realize there is NO science behind your claims.

Ron Young

Ron Young

Enthusiast
Being the uneducated novice I just have to ask. Is there really a cable worth $400 bucks?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis