Mach's 7.2.4 Media Room

M

mach250

Audioholic Intern
Got the couch in today, didn’t expect it so fast and now I have more work to do...

M

mach250

Audioholic Intern
Got the rack in, ordered the 22nd and got it on the 4th. Just a slight rub in the back panel and had to correct a bend toward the bottom but I'll never see that panel after it's in place.

jhfgkjgh.jpg

M

mach250

Audioholic Intern
Also working on getting the in-wall layout taken care of, slight concern but research and some feedback leads me to believe that it shouldn't be a concern.

asdf.jpg

jghfjytfvg.jpg

M

mach250

Audioholic Intern
Damn 2x4’s not popping up on a stud finder, had to move both 4 inches forward...now I gotta do a bit of patch work

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Damn 2x4’s not popping up on a stud finder, had to move both 4 inches forward...now I gotta do a bit of patch work

Had the same issue with my large front in-walls. Ended up working out fine.

M

mach250

Audioholic Intern
My wood working skills haven't been used in over two decades and my first of four boxes is quite rough haha. Don't want my atmos speakers making constant contact with fiberglass insulation and will lay these over them so not too worried about their appearance. Finding that circular saws are difficult to keep a nice straight edge but I guess that's what sanding is for while leaving it slightly larger than final dimensions. Think I'm going to buy a nail gun after work...

image1.jpeg

M

mach250

Audioholic Intern
Got a new toy to finish up the boxes and use for some other projects like some built in cabinets in the family room

Ended up finishing three boxes in around the time I took on the first

Last edited:
M

mach250

Audioholic Intern
Little trick I’m using to find where to put the boxes in my attic. Trying to avoid insulation dropping down from above by putting the boxes in place before cutting the circles. Drilled holes then put the flags up through them so I can easily spot them in the attic. Anything that makes my life easier in a my sauna is great in my opinion.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I really need boxes over my 5.0 in ceiling setup in the living room. Way too much leakage into the attic. Yours look good. Might just steal that idea. Too hot to do it now for me.

Non-theater related question, what do you have in the bed of your kids playground? Gravel? I'm looking to do something similar.

M

mach250

Audioholic Intern
I really need boxes over my 5.0 in ceiling setup in the living room. Way too much leakage into the attic. Yours look good. Might just steal that idea. Too hot to do it now for me.

Non-theater related question, what do you have in the bed of your kids playground? Gravel? I'm looking to do something similar.
We went with rubber mulch, started off a deeper green color a little over a year ago and with sunshine 6-7 days out of the week has aged it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
We went with rubber mulch, started off a deeper green color a little over a year ago and with sunshine 6-7 days out of the week has aged it.
Awesome. Thought as much.

One thing to tell you for installing Atmos speakers, if your ceiling height is 9' like mine, bring them a tad bit closer to MLP so you get the full effect.

M

mach250

Audioholic Intern
Awesome. Thought as much.

One thing to tell you for installing Atmos speakers, if your ceiling height is 9' like mine, bring them a tad bit closer to MLP so you get the full effect.
My second floor is all 8 foot ceilings so I just focused on dolby recommended angles. I ended up with 3' in from the side walls and about 25" from the back wall and 8 from the front. Plus, with the little bit of space I have room for expanding to .6 for atmos if I ever want to hehe.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis