M. Fremer - My New Pet Hate (not really, just a rant)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I thought the US was a country of free speech where everyone has the right to state their opinion....

If it works for him, what is the problem?
It doesn't mean you won't be judged for said opinion.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Everyone has a right of opinion, also Fremer, and if you disagree, I still think it's respect-less to call people turds, no matter their opinion on things. But you have a right to call people whatever you want, as long as you don't call me an idiot.

I think, the real beauty of this hobby, what we are doing is not to make an expensive system that blows you away... But to make an inexpensive system that blows you a way and give you insane musical experiences.

I can't help it to think that when I go to these shops and listen to extremely high price systems it's all about resolution, creating a sense of "fake" imaging, things that have nothing to do with the music how it sound live.
I have auditioned systems at cost of over $600.000, and it does not relate well to me.....

I have been to a concert in Musikverein in Vienna, where they do make the new year concerts, it is said to be one of the best concert halls anywhere. There is no imaging, you have no idea about localization of instruments.... it's all over the place, but the musical experience is beyond imagination. It can make a grown-up man get tears in his eyes, at least it did with me, it's insane....

That's what it should be about, how does it make you feel, is it a great experience. Most of this hi-end stuff is plain fu$#%$ rubbish. That fake imaging and resolution that you don't get in real life.....

It's only one thing guys: Sit down and enjoy the music.

If I had Alexia or the new WAMM speakers I would be in a bad mood just looking at them, how ugly they are :mad:
But it's just my opinion.
As you wrote, imaging is fake, if you mean that it was created in the recording/mixing process, but recording with two mics can sound amazingly real. Stereo is an illusion- instruments are "placed" by the people who mix the tracks but some systems don't do a good job of making it audible.

One of the problems I have with high end audio is the disbelief from those who are selling the products when someone doesn't hear what was claimed and express it as condenscension or just say something like "It's experiential", meaning "If you hear it, you hear it and if you don't, you don't" but that doesn't mean they believe the product isn't delivering on the promises.

I agree completely with your comment "Sit down and enjoy the music".

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
whatever and while I agree to 'a point' chances are he's forgotten more about vinyl more than you (or I) will ever know. You come across as someone with a real chip on you shoulders ....... were you abused as a child ?

There is a certain faction on this board that 'thinks' they know it all ......trust me, none of us do !!
Really, child abuse because I think Fremer is a turd? I don't care what he knows, if you want to suck up to him, that's your prerogative...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Arguing on the internet is stupid. Someone can not like someone else if they want to. If their reason for this dislike upsets you there is no reason to resort to name calling. Agree to disagree and leave it at that. We are all adults, lets act like it.

I do agree though, if the guy got a rare record at a steal because the seller was incapacitated and his wife was clueless, that's cold and pretty terrible. That alone qualifies the "turd" statement. The actual value could have helped pay the poor guy's medical bills.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Arguing on the internet is stupid. Someone can not like someone else if they want to. If their reason for this dislike upsets you there is no reason to resort to name calling. Agree to disagree and leave it at that. We are all adults, lets act like it.

I do agree though, if the guy got a rare record at a steal because the seller was incapacitated and his wife was clueless, that's cold and pretty terrible. That alone qualifies the "turd" statement. The actual value could have helped pay the poor guy's medical bills.
Karma is a b1tch!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Everyone has a right of opinion, also Fremer, and if you disagree, I still think it's respect-less to call people turds, no matter their opinion on things.
I think this is an example of censorship. Facebook type censorship; if you can't click "like" shut up. It is also hypocritical. If you advocate freedom of speech, go all the way. If Fremer has the right to say you need expensive power conditioners, you have the right to say he is a turd. F... polite.

A type of marketing that wants conmen to freely sell their BS is telling you what is moral and polite and how you should act when you stumble upon a conman? Really? Not for me. No freedom for the pricks. Bad things happen when good people...

I thought the US was a country of free speech where everyone has the right to state their opinion....

If it works for him, what is the problem?
Go back to the first paragraph.

BTW, it doesn't work for him and let's not all start acting dumb; Fremer is not in a business of buying himself a system he'll enjoy. He is a trend-setter, he is in a business of promoting, he tells OTHERS what they need and he is peddling sky-high priced power conditioning. To keep it short; textbook turd and there's no need, whatsoever, for chips on anyone's shoulders or child abuse.

I disagree, since you offered the option :) Yes, let's act like adult and take some f...... responsibility for the world we live in, and partly create through looking the other way, and let's call turds out for what they are. Let's stop with all the "one should have a right to trick someone if he succeeds" and you should shut your mouth and as long as it's not me...

If free market needs lies and cons in order to function, this should tell us all it's not really working, right? What depends on cons, we don't need.

IMPORTANT - as I said, neither is Fremer buying himself what he wants for his money nor does he talks exclusively to those who share his opinions. I'll be the example; before coming here and reading and learning a bit, I thought I need at least 150$ - 200$ worth speaker cables because of people like Fremer. There are always noobs to get hurt for the pricks wallet. To think that you'd be alright with this, you'd keep your mouth shut while he tricks me with your approval... Furthermore, to think that the thing you'd be concerned with is whether someone said a bad word about people like these...

I'm sorry, I couldn't function this way, let alone seeing you act morally superior because you didn't insult anyone even if the price you're paying is letting con go. If someone acts like a turd, he should expect people to call him a turd.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I think this is an example of censorship. Facebook type censorship; if you can't click "like" shut up. It is also hypocritical. If you advocate freedom of speech, go all the way. If Fremer has the right to say you need expensive power conditioners, you have the right to say he is a turd. F... polite.

A type of marketing that wants conmen to freely sell their BS is telling you what is moral and polite and how you should act when you stumble upon a conman? Really? Not for me. No freedom for the pricks. Bad things happen when good people...

Go back to the first paragraph.

BTW, it doesn't work for him and let's not all start acting dumb; Fremer is not in a business of buying himself a system he'll enjoy. He is a trend-setter, he is in a business of promoting, he tells OTHERS what they need and he is peddling sky-high priced power conditioning. To keep it short; textbook turd and there's no need, whatsoever, for chips on anyone's shoulders or child abuse.

I disagree, since you offered the option :) Yes, let's act like adult and take some f...... responsibility for the world we live in, and partly create through looking the other way, and let's call turds out for what they are. Let's stop with all the "one should have a right to trick someone if he succeeds" and you should shut your mouth and as long as it's not me...

If free market needs lies and cons in order to function, this should tell us all it's not really working, right? What depends on cons, we don't need.

IMPORTANT - as I said, neither is Fremer buying himself what he wants for his money nor does he talks exclusively to those who share his opinions. I'll be the example; before coming here and reading and learning a bit, I thought I need at least 150$ - 200$ worth speaker cables because of people like Fremer. There are always noobs to get hurt for the pricks wallet. To think that you'd be alright with this, you'd keep your mouth shut while he tricks me with your approval... Furthermore, to think that the thing you'd be concerned with is whether someone said a bad word about people like these...

I'm sorry, I couldn't function this way, let alone seeing you act morally superior because you didn't insult anyone even if the price you're paying is letting con go. If someone acts like a turd, he should expect people to call him a turd.
I was talking about us not name calling each other. Not the Fremer douche. Screw that guy.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I was talking about us not name calling each other. Not the Fremer douche. Screw that guy.
I'm sorry, then. This started to happen to often, I have to discipline myself and get focused. Honestly, I misunderstood what you said.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sorry, then. This started to happen to often, I have to discipline myself and get focused. Honestly, I misunderstood what you said.
Yeah... I agree in the end, you do have the right to call people a turd too.... :p
EDIT: As long as it doesn't go into harassment, which I believe you did not!

Whatever Fremer say or do, people should be strong enough to make their own decisions. I support Fremer’s right to say or write whatever he wants, but I never had and never will jump onto the «cable / snake oil bandwagon». Well, I think some of the audiophile press have lost touch with the real world out there.... and I don’t care coz I trust my own ears :p

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah... I agree in the end, you do have the right to call people a turd too.... :p

Whatever Fremer say or do, people should be strong enough to make their own decisions. I support Fremer’s right to say or write whatever he wants, but I never had and newer will jump onto the «cable / snake oil bandwagon». Well, I think some of the audiophile press have lost touch with the real world out there.... and I don’t care coz I trust my own ears :p
I finally broke down and am watching the video right now. He's a turd.

I'm one of the people who could have easily gotten suckered out of hundreds of dollars (I simply can't afford thousands on cables) buy guys like this. I did get suckered out of a couple hundred 20 years ago when a salesman convinced me expensive monster cable was better. Lots of techno babble and convincing points.

That's why I don't like these guys and why I love this site.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I know. That's why I clarified. No worries. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
EDIT: As long as it doesn't go into harassment, which I believe you did not!

Whatever Fremer say or do, people should be strong enough to make their own decisions. I support Fremer’s right to say or write whatever he wants, but I never had and newer will jump onto the «cable / snake oil bandwagon». Well, I think some of the audiophile press have lost touch with the real world out there.... and I don’t care coz I trust my own ears :p
So why did you complain?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
So why did you complain?
Initially I thought he was told to shut up, which would be a violation of free speech.

Then I realized he is just called a turd :p
which is not a violation of free speech, so I don’t complain anymore.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Initially I thought he was told to shut up, which would be a violation of free speech.

Then I realized he is just called a turd :p
which is not a violation of free speech, so I don’t complain anymore.
So essentially you would restrict our free speech if we suggested Fremer shut up? That's still not what free speech relates to. I do wish Fremer would go away/shut up but that's only my suggestion....

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
So essentially you would restrict our free speech if we suggested Fremer shut up? That's still not what free speech relates to. I do wish Fremer would go away/shut up but that's only my suggestion....
Enough !

You did not hear Fremer sing, did you.... it's way worse.... believe me, it's the worst I ever heard

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Enough !

You did not hear Fremer sing, did you.... it's way worse.... believe me, it's the worst I ever heard
LOL. Seriously, the man claims to have golden ears and isn't "musical" himself? Figures....

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Really, child abuse because I think Fremer is a turd? I don't care what he knows, if you want to suck up to him, that's your prerogative...
awwww 'lovin', take a chill young man ! so why is Mikey a 'turd' in your eyes ?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis