Loudspeakers that Missed the Public Ear Thread

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I listened to DCM Timewindows in the early 80s and they sounded great. What ever happened to this company.
http://www.dcmspeakers.com/

I was told that they were bought out and the quality went down hill but have recently been putting out better products. I have not listened to any DCM speakers since the Timewindows so...

I've always wanted a pair of Timewindows but I'm almost afraid to hear them again...I don't want to be disapointed.:)

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
http://www.dcmspeakers.com/

I was told that they were bought out and the quality went down hill but have recently been putting out better products. I have not listened to any DCM speakers since the Timewindows so...

I've always wanted a pair of Timewindows but I'm almost afraid to hear them again...I don't want to be disapointed.:)
Their transmission line speakers were/are nice, pre MTX era. I had a pair of cx-27s with a coaxial mounted tweeter and they sounded very good.

M

mlewalski

Audiophyte
Sansui SP-Z7-II from my younger days

I recently got these out of the boxes and listened to them again. At the time I bought these, they were just about the fullest sounding speaker I could find... great highs and very good low range. I loved them for listening in my dorm room while in the USAF in Spain. They sounded really good at a low level and looked great with the wood grills too; I took the downward dispersing fins off of the tweeters since I thought that the highs were muffled by being directed to the floor. When I had enough money, I bought a pair of Klipsch Heresy II's in unfinished Birch and sadly this SP-Z7-II set couldn't match the clarity of the Heresys. Probably going to box them back up and put them away until I decide to sell them maybe... don't know if I will ever go back to them but Man... me and my buddies used to rock out with these!

Mark

E

EightiesWereTheGreaties

Audiophyte
Another set of AR speakers that sadly did not get the same amount of recognition as their pears of the time. I present the MGC-1 and MGC-2 also called the Magic Speakers.
MGC-1

Specs:
Two 8" Acoustic Suspension Woofers
Two 4" Acoustic Suspension Mid ranges (in their own separate enclosures naturally)
One Dual Dome Driver Unit (The same used on the AR9LS and LSi line) 1.5" Tweeter and one 3/4" super tweeter.
as well as a 6" Acoustic Suspension Woofer (again in a separate enclosure) and 1" Dome tweeter for the "Delayed Ambiance System"

Specs Continued:
25 watt min
250 watt max
4 ohms
Weight: 150lb
Dimensions 52" H X 26" W X 16" D

Their was also an amplifier made specifically for the "Delayed Ambiance System" called the MGC-1e

Specs:
100 watts per-channel RMS into 4 ohms
THD less than .5% at 1000hz 10db below clipping
Weight: 22lb

No pics sorry:(

The MGC-2 the MGC-1's little brother

Specs:
One 12" Acoustic Suspension Woofer (the now famous AR11)
Two 4" Acoustic Suspension Mid ranges (again in separate enclosures)
One 1" Titanium Dome Tweeter
with a 6" Acoustic Suspension Woofer in a separate enclose on the "Delayed Ambiance System"
25 watt min
200 watt max
4 ohms
Weight 100 pounds
Dimensions 44" H X 17" W X 11" D
I have a set of MGC-2's with the controller that my wife is asking me to get rid of. I bought them brand new back in 1986 and they still sound amazing.

V

Victor rODRIGUEZ

Audioholic Intern
[QUOTE = "mlewalski, post: 940497, member: 63286"] Sansui SP-Z7-II de mis días de juventud

Hace poco los saqué de la caja y los volví a escuchar. En el momento en que compré estos, eran casi el altavoz de sonido más completo que pude encontrar ... grandes alturas y muy buen rango bajo. Me encantaron por escuchar en mi dormitorio mientras estaba en la Fuerza Aérea en España. Sonaban muy bien a bajo nivel y se veían muy bien con las parrillas de madera también; Tomé las aletas dispersantes hacia abajo de los altavoces de agudos ya que pensé que los agudos se amortiguaban al ser dirigidos al piso. Cuando tuve suficiente dinero, compré un par de Klipsch Heresy II en abedul sin terminar y, lamentablemente, este conjunto de SP-Z7-II no pudo igualar la claridad de la Heresys. Probablemente voy a ponerlos en una copia de seguridad y guardarlos hasta que decida venderlos tal vez ... no sé si alguna vez volveré con ellos, pero Hombre ... ¡yo y mis amigos solíamos rockear con ellos!

Marcar [/ QUOTE]
Saludos desde Torrejón TJ

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis