LG customer support

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Fair enough, OP wanted to get support in HIS native language, the South Korean native company provided the best effort, probably using an online translation tool.
Let's agree to disagree on both points.
a) https://taleninstituut.nl/en/the-hardest-languages-in-the-world-to-learn/
b) Auto translate did a pretty crappy job and it's full of bad spelling which can't be explained by auto-translate.

At the same time, if TV brand A is getting sold for (massive) US market, it has US voltage/power plugs, menus in English, manuals in English, marketing, and technical websites in English. It would only natural to expect to have decent English in support chat.
I was referring to phone support, not chat- that's a completely different ballgame. At least we're not forced to use a call-in system that only uses voice recognition- some companies, like ATT and Consumer Cellular, have systems that really don't work well.

WRT English being difficult-

Auto translate may do a bad job, but the voices don't sound like they're CG and the people react much faster than if a computer was in the middle, IMO.

Read owner's manuals and tell me they don't leave a lot to be desired. If you want a laugh, read manuals from the 1970s and before- the wording is almost like Japanese pidgin-English. Depending on how long someone has spoken English as an additional language, they may adopt phrases and words that don't quite qualify as 'well-spoken', but the message still gets across. "I can definitely help you with that one" is a phrase I hope they stop using. :)

I was referring to phone support, not chat- that's a completely different ballgame.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Should have reported back sooner…. I think it’s a firmware issue but I found a workaround that works 100% of the time.

Turn on TV with AVR off.

Go into menu and select HDMI audio out as it defaults back to TV audio out every time.

Lastly turn on AVR.

As a side note if you don’t do these steps in order the TV will still give a splash banner in the upper right hand corner saying (for me) Marantz HDMI ready but I still won’t get audio.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I was referring to phone support, not chat- that's a completely different ballgame. At least we're not forced to use a call-in system that only uses voice recognition- some companies, like ATT and Consumer Cellular, have systems that really don't work well.

WRT English being difficult-

Auto translate may do a bad job, but the voices don't sound like they're CG and the people react much faster than if a computer was in the middle, IMO.

Read owner's manuals and tell me they don't leave a lot to be desired. If you want a laugh, read manuals from the 1970s and before- the wording is almost like Japanese pidgin-English. Depending on how long someone has spoken English as an additional language, they may adopt phrases and words that don't quite qualify as 'well-spoken', but the message still gets across. "I can definitely help you with that one" is a phrase I hope they stop using. :)

I was referring to phone support, not chat- that's a completely different ballgame.
LOL!! "I can definitely help you with that one" irks the hell out me too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis