djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Mine should b here first of next week. I'm really Jonesing to hear it.

As in John Paul Jonesing.

DJ

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
I ordered the deluxe bluray set for Loserwife as a Christmas present.
Dave, can you tell me exactly what the Deluxe Bluray set actually has. I already ordered the Bluray audio only (5.1 Master Audio), is there a video Bluray with audio, or just a DVD with audio, I want the video with audio, so what do I order, I realize the video disc is only DD. Thanks my friend.
Cheers Jeff :confused:

majorloser

majorloser

Dave, can you tell me exactly what the Deluxe Bluray set actually has. I already ordered the Bluray audio only (5.1 Master Audio), is there a video Bluray with audio, or just a DVD with audio, I want the video with audio, so what do I order, I realize the video disc is only DD. Thanks my friend.
Cheers Jeff :confused:
Near the bottom of the page is a chart comparing the different versions:

Amazon.com: Celebration Day (Deluxe Edition 2CD, 1 Blu-Ray, 1 DVD (CD sized digipak): Led Zeppelin: Music

ahblaza

ahblaza

The deluxe set has the BD audio, DVD and CDs.
Thanks John, I quess I messed up, I didn't realize the BD was the audio only in the Deluxe set, can I buy the DVD separately? Thanks

ahblaza

ahblaza

It does not look like you can buy the DVD by itself, so you would have to get the CD/DVD package which comes in either a DVD or CD case.

Amazon.com: Celebration Day (2CD + 1 Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray sized digipack): Music

Amazon.com: Celebration Day (2 CD + 1 DVD, CD sized digipak): Music

The only bad thing is, they aren't much cheaper than the deluxe sets.
Thanks John, I just got the Audio (only) Blu-Ray today. I still don't understand the links you posted, the first is 2 CD + Blu-Ray, is the Blu-Ray just the audio or both audio and video? The second link is 2CD + 1 DVD, is this the one I need to get video, or is the first link Blu-Ray audio and video? Thanks my friend, sorry for the confusing questions. :(
jn

P

puckhead

Audioholic Intern
Thanks John, I just got the Audio (only) Blu-Ray today. I still don't understand the links you posted, the first is 2 CD + Blu-Ray, is the Blu-Ray just the audio or both audio and video? The second link is 2CD + 1 DVD, is this the one I need to get video, or is the first link Blu-Ray audio and video? Thanks my friend, sorry for the confusing questions. :(
jn
There are just way too many packages/options with this release - it's quite confusing!

The first one is a blu-ray disc like you would get for a movie - it's video and audio, and has the highest quality of both.

The second one is a regular DVD version of the same concert footage. It won't have the highest quality sound or video but it will still be very good, and if you've got a good player it will upscale to near blu-ray quality.

The only blu-ray audio (audio only) disc is the one that is available on its own (and it specifically says "blu-ray audio").

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Nad, the BD video and two CD edition is what you ordered after the BD audio only, correct? I noticed with the BD audio only it is 5.1 master audio, the BD video is 5.1 DD. Do I have this right, if so why wouldn't the BD video be recorded in high definition audio, like the BD audio only disc, just curious. I don't know why I'm so concerned, I will probably get the 3 LP edition. Thanks
...and @ 24/44.1kHz at that - the same bitrate as the standard DVD. I still picked up a Blu-Ray audio copy anyway off of Amazon for 17 bux, as opposed to downloading it. I'll still take the hard copy over download any day. Something about being able to hold it in your hand.

DJ
OK, now I'm confused. Blu-Ray.com says the BD Video is in DTS-HD Master Audio. What gives?

Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day Deluxe Blu-ray

ahblaza

ahblaza

OK, now I'm confused. Blu-Ray.com says the BD Video is in DTS-HD Master Audio. What gives?

Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day Deluxe Blu-ray
I'm as confused as you my friend, I don't know what's going on. I listened to the audio only BD last night and must say I was not impressed, it may be my player Panny BD-85 through HDMI, tonight I may use the 7.1 analog outs of the player and see if there is a difference. To me everything seemed confusing, just a wash of sound, no cohesion and individual instument separation was awful, like I said may be my player, but not a very musical mix, this was MA mix, there are other options which I didn't try. IMO just a jumbled mix of noise. I'd like to hear other impressions. I also didn't like the new rendition of the original songs.:(

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'm as confused as you my friend, I don't know what's going on. I listened to the audio only BD last night and must say I was not impressed, it may be my player Panny BD-85 through HDMI, tonight I may use the 7.1 analog outs of the player and see if there is a difference. To me everything seemed confusing, just a wash of sound, no cohesion and individual instument separation was awful, like I said may be my player, but not a very musical mix, this was MA mix, there are other options which I didn't try. IMO just a jumbled mix of noise. I'd like to hear other impressions. I also didn't like the new rendition of the original songs.:(
I wouldn't think that the analog outs would make much/any difference. But, no harm in trying.

ahblaza

ahblaza

I wouldn't think that the analog outs would make much/any difference. But, no harm in trying.
My thoughts exactly, I'm not going through the effort to do so, I'll just keep spinning my Zep's LP collection. :) Anyone want to buy the BD audio only, $10 shipped:D

Z

zepaholic

Audioholic
I'm as confused as you my friend, I don't know what's going on. I listened to the audio only BD last night and must say I was not impressed, it may be my player Panny BD-85 through HDMI, tonight I may use the 7.1 analog outs of the player and see if there is a difference. To me everything seemed confusing, just a wash of sound, no cohesion and individual instument separation was awful, like I said may be my player, but not a very musical mix, this was MA mix, there are other options which I didn't try. IMO just a jumbled mix of noise. I'd like to hear other impressions. I also didn't like the new rendition of the original songs.:([/QUOTE

As a long time zep fan and one who was waiting a long time for this to come out all I can say is very disappointing. Couldn't say it any better than you described. If it wasn't for Jason Bonham it would have been a total bummer. If you watch JB he had the time of his life. You could tell there was no other place on earth he'd rather be. Just watch him at the end. He carried the other three. I've tried listening to it with all the different options and they all sound like crap.
I also came to the conclusion it was filmed with that quick pan and scan to make the look alive. They didn't move much.
Oh well it's still LZ the best there ever was.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I'll let you know from the straight 2 channel BD perspective on my rig when my copy comes next week.

DJ

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Woohoo turns out the missus bought me the complete set(deluxe edition) with BRD, 2 CD and bonus DVD. She aslo bought me City and Coulour's live DVD and their CD "bring me your love"....the latter was more for her though she loves Dallas Green...I'll admit he has a great voice....formerly of the band Alexisonfire....who woulda thought if you ever heard the 2 bands....:D

Cheers...Bill...:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis