S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I went to best buy. They only had the d9's. The Martin Logan's blew them away but it could have been that the Logans are more sensitive and played louder too. The also didn't have svs on display. It was a magnolia store too.
Best Buy does price match. Maybe worth waiting for Black Friday at this point to maximize your savings. For example SVS usually does sales then. Not sure if maybe Crutchfield sells the others or not.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
If for some reason whichever you choose wasn’t to your liking, Best Buy probably would accept a return in the first few weeks for store credit rather than losing the sale.

Good luck! :)

P

ParisB

Audioholic
Both are really good. I understand your dilemma and narrowing it down to those 2 options. Everyone will always list 5 different speakers and tell why this or that is better for the money etc. It can cause headaches and a never ending circle. Ultimately it's personal taste, each has their own signature flavor, and nobody can tell you that this or that is "better". I heard the Demand Series and would pick them over ML...so there's that, lol.

R

Rick330

Junior Audioholic
Nice thank you for your input. Why did you like it better?

R

Rick330

Junior Audioholic
Martin Logan will work. To those that offered other choices sorry if I came off mean I just knew I only had a choice between these two based on rewards and perks. I'll still probably list my marantz 7055 amp to go crazy and get a huge one.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That's awesome. They are great guys I live right by their office. I just ge

I honestly appreciate all of your advice. It's been stressing me out. My employer has perks for best buy so I get a great price.
Yeah I get great perks at best buy as well so I totally understand your desire to go with them

I will buy a lot off stuff there based on the savings I get

Also once again if I had to choose between the def techs and the ML's it's the ML's all day Just like you I love those tweeters

And I totally agree powered centers with 5 inch mid drivers is kind off ridiculous Lol

I've always been curious about trying def tech powered centers as l c r or surrounds in a vertical position. I may set it up in a room someday just to see what happens

R

Rick330

Junior Audioholic
Yeah I get great perks at best buy as well so I totally understand your desire to go with them
Also once again if I had to choose between the def techs and the ML's it's the ML's all day Just like you I love those tweeters
And I totally agree powered centers with 5 inch mid drivers is kind off ridiculous Lol
I've always been curious about trying def tech powered centers as l c r or surrounds in a vertical position. I may set it up in a room someday just to see what happens
I had a cs9060 that I sold. It was great but it had 4in mids with a powered sub in it. In order to get 5in mids it would have to be powered as well. So I sold it for 280 bucks lol.
Now I'm running no center until my Logan's come in. Which I'm probably going to order a huge amp for and sell my marantz 7055 that I've turned on 10 times. I'm an idiot that's why I'm being careful this time.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I had a cs9060 that I sold. It was great but it had 4in mids with a powered sub in it. In order to get 5in mids it would have to be powered as well. So I sold it for 280 bucks lol.
Now I'm running no center until my Logan's come in. Which I'm probably going to order a huge amp for and sell my marantz 7055 that I've turned on 10 times. I'm an idiot that's why I'm being careful this time.
Hah hah not an idiot just an audioholic!!! It explains the behavior. Welcome to the club my friend!

R

Rick330

Junior Audioholic
Hah hah not an idiot just an audioholic!!! It explains the behavior. Welcome to the club my friend!
My other friend just called me that. I do buy stuff and barely use them way too much. Even household items. Bad thing is I mainly just play video games.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
My other friend just called me that. I do buy stuff and barely use them way too much. Even household items. Bad thing is I mainly just play video games.
They can spot us from a mile away! :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Man video games on surround systems especially with the new formats? Like atmos and DTS who wouldn't want to play video games in a theater room like the one your setting up.

I bet you it's going to sound bad a@$! Once you get it all set up. Really looking forward to your observations!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Martin Logan will work. To those that offered other choices sorry if I came off mean I just knew I only had a choice between these two based on rewards and perks. I'll still probably list my marantz 7055 amp to go crazy and get a huge one.
It's all good man. At the end of the day you were open to other suggestions but you have legit reasons for your choices. Glad we could help you make a decision.

R

Rick330

Junior Audioholic
They should be broken in by 2021 I'll let you know. That's how much I even use this stuff.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

The AMT tweeters used in the 35XTi speakers are unusually good for AMT tweeters. While AMT tweeters are becoming more popular, their performance isn't usually amazing in mid to lower priced speakers. So much so that AMTs are pretty much a turn off for me, since a better behaved dome tweeter could have been used for the same price, which means that the manufacturer is more interested in bragging about using a "ribbon" tweeter than actually making a great sounding speaker. But the MartinLogan AMT tweeter is surprisingly good.

R

Rick330

Junior Audioholic
The AMT tweeters used in the 35XTi speakers are unusually good for AMT tweeters. While AMT tweeters are becoming more popular, their performance isn't usually amazing in mid to lower priced speakers. So much so that AMTs are pretty much a turn off for me, since a better behaved dome tweeter could have been used for the same price, which means that the manufacturer is more interested in bragging about using a "ribbon" tweeter than actually making a great sounding speaker. But the MartinLogan AMT tweeter is surprisingly good.
That's a great perspective and I learned a lot. Tweeters are most important to me. I seriously am 99 percent gaming. No music and some movies.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
That's a great perspective and I learned a lot. Tweeters are most important to me. I seriously am 99 percent gaming. No music and some movies.
These are fine speakers for gaming. Like I said before, I used these speakers on my PC desktop for a long while after the review was finished. And I do like to play PC games now and then (Killing Floor 2 and Natural Selection 2 are my thing). These speakers sounded just fine for that type of content. Will you be using these in a desktop setup or a living room/console system?

R

Rick330

Junior Audioholic
They haven't been out that long. I have a home theater room that I game in. I'll also get the 50xti center.

R

Rick330

Junior Audioholic
Well the good news is for an amp I'm more open because the perks on Rotel which best buy sells are good but not great so I'm open to any 3 channel amp that doesn't have any speaker hum.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis