Last system I will ever need to own

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I would like to go from 120" to 195", but that's onerous. I just feel like watching the shows and movies and not doing much else - no buying anything else.
But, but... Think of THX screen size recommendations !!! ;):p:rolleyes:

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Great system mate. The Denon AVP has really stood the test of time especially with the upgrade.That was good of Denon to offer it to us as it vastly improved the center channel for my liking.Love your speakers and your gear is amazing.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Great system mate. The Denon AVP has really stood the test of time especially with the upgrade.That was good of Denon to offer it to us as it vastly improved the center channel for my liking.Love your speakers and your gear is amazing.
Thanks. I absolutely love my system every time I turn it on. Every single time. Some guys talk about "synergy" between components. While I don't believe in "synergy", I do feel it appears to be a marriage made in heaven between the Denon AVP-A1 + RBH Towers. The reason is because I utterly love the sound and absolutely believe the sound cannot be any significantly better. Thus, I wholeheartedly feel that this is "the last system I will ever need to buy". :D

I do believe the Denon AVP-A1 is a piece of masterpiece engineering. But I wouldn't have loved it so much without Dynamic EQ. I use Audyssey Bypass L/R + DEQ. If there were an option for Bypass L/R/C/SL/SR + DEQ, I would have used it.

IOW I have listened to different pre-pros with different Room Corrections (Anthem, Classe, McIntosh, Mark Levinson), and I have never been able to feel that the results were significantly night-and-day better than Bypass. But I can hear an unequivocal night-and-day improvement when I turn on Dynamic EQ.

I seems like I have said "enough" about the sound of RBH. :D But I really haven't said enough about the quality of the bass I'm hearing. I have loved this RBH bass about 4-5 years ago and I still absolutely love this RBH bass as I type this now. As Gene pointed out, I love this above-60Hz-stereo bass. Every time I hear this bass from any source or content, it gives me a grin and tingling feeling all over. :D

But the salient point is for all of us to be truly happy with our systems (whichever systems they are) in our own happy ways. ;)

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Excellent view point of the gear that you own,as i can understand where you are coming from.I too love my system as its apart of the growing family that i have and we all utilize it whenever we can.I also use the Audyssey Bypass L/R with Dynamic EQ and find that my sound is more balanced with it enabled as my room is big.When you believe that the sound cannot get any better is when you are happy with what you have and in saying that i know how you feel.:) Good to hear you are happy with what you have and it sounds that you have reached a point in you passion of a great balanced sound which is also thanks to Audyssey. That to me is something that most people are still on the hunt for.Good for you my friend.:cool:

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
AcuDefTechGuy, what are the 2 silver units on the right above the AVP.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Really nice mate. you have just gave me an idea.Did you build them yourself? and why the 2 of them if you don't mind me asking.They look like a Marantz receiver or amp.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I have done some homework on it
SilverStone Crown CW02 HTPCs.
I have just done some homework on it and I will be ordering one in a weeks time. Mate this is a great way to go. What are your components inside and how loud is it. You have me interested in one that's for sure.I am glad i have stopped by now.I have a couple of very high end pc's with top of the line components in them but your case is a remarkable piece of work and in Australia here they retail for around $500.00.Awesome stuff mate

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yes I built them a few years ago. They are Intel Pentium Quad-core, but I can't remember the specifics other than each HTPC has six 2TB HDDs and 1 60G SSD for OS. I would have used 4TB HDDs if they were available then.

I now only use my HTPCs for all movies and TV series 100% of the time. I don't use any BD, DVD, CD players at all.

If they ever break, I would definitely install some Intel i9 CPUs. :)

As with all PCs, they can be very quiet depending on the parts you use - PSU, fans, HDDs.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I might know a thing or two about htpc and let me tell you something : nowadays one does not need core i7 cpu powering htpc. The software Adtg uses was promoted by me - xbmc or now called Kodi. I have it running on tiny box size of 200 page book or about 3 remotes. It running Atom cpu and its plenty of fast. As for media storage - it's on separate box - a custom built nas, but some commercial Nas boxes could have worked just as fine just more expensive.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, state of the art performance in a dumb media server is a waste of money.
It will buy you some bragging rights, and if that is what floats your boat and you have the coin, go for it, but be honest with yourself about it.

However, I would hate for someone on a more limited budget to read this and put money into processing power thinking they are improving their system, when they could be putting it into speakers, subs, screen, projector, room treatments, etc. - where they would notice a real benefit!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I might know a thing or two about htpc and let me tell you something : nowadays one does not need core i7 cpu powering htpc. The software Adtg uses was promoted by me - xbmc or now called Kodi. I have it running on tiny box size of 200 page book or about 3 remotes. It running Atom cpu and its plenty of fast. As for media storage - it's on separate box - a custom built nas, but some commercial Nas boxes could have worked just as fine just more expensive.
For playback you may not need much. But for BD ripping, Handbrake, MkVmerge, etc., it sure makes things run a lot faster. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, state of the art performance in a dumb media server is a waste of money.
It will buy you some bragging rights, and if that is what floats your boat and you have the coin, go for it, but be honest with yourself about it.

However, I would hate for someone on a more limited budget to read this and put money into processing power thinking they are improving their system, when they could be putting it into speakers, subs, screen, projector, room treatments, etc. - where they would notice a real benefit!
I don't think anyone here is even suggesting or correlating HTPC with sound systems.

Everything depends on the purpose. If you backup your BDs by ripping, MKVmaker, Handbrake, MKVmerge, you might prefer a faster CPU.

For HT, you definitely want the quietest PC possible.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
For playback you may not need much. But for BD ripping, Handbrake, MkVmerge, etc., it sure makes things run a lot faster. :)
Bdripping and MKVMerge are mostly I/O bound, not so much CPU, but for Handbrake every single ounce of CPU is an advantage.

I would backup my optical disks on my desktop pc. HTPC is just capable media Player with pretty 10 feet GUI. No large storage, no optical drive. Hopefully silent or near silent and preferably low power.

This is my method of HTPC madness, YMMV :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Bdripping and MKVMerge are mostly I/O bound, not so much CPU, but for Handbrake every single ounce of CPU is an advantage.

I would backup my optical disks on my desktop pc. HTPC is just capable media Player with pretty 10 feet GUI. No large storage, no optical drive. Hopefully silent or near silent and preferably low power.

This is my method of HTPC madness, YMMV :)
Speaking of MKVMerge, I found out a neat trick to join 2 videos together.

The Lord of the Rings BD Extended Editions are very long. For example, The Return of the King is like 4.5 hrs & 70 GB total, so they split the movie into Disc 1 & Disc 2.

So I used MKVMerge to join the 2 discs into 1 long 4.5HR/70GB movie. :)

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
Hey ADTG...
Lets see some pictures of the seating area and rear of the HT, would like to see how you have it arranged if it isn't too much trouble.
Thanks
-Chris

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hey ADTG...
Lets see some pictures of the seating area and rear of the HT, would like to see how you have it arranged if it isn't too much trouble.
Thanks
-Chris
My room is definitely way too small for my system. :)

You can see one lounge chair on the right and one on the left of the room. That old iJoy massage chair is hardly ever used.

I never sit UP to watch anything. I always lie down on my lounge chair & pillow. :D

I cover all my RBH speakers with these big black cloths to keep dust off. :)

I've been thinking about building a custom home or just adding another 18' x 20 ' dedicated room, expanding from my current 18' x 20' family room. But just thinking about all that work and moving things around makes me reticent. :)

These days I truly just like to plop down on my lounge and comfy pillow and watch all the great TV shows and movies.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
Looks amazing, must be hard to leave your seat once you fire it up.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis