Last system I will ever need to own

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Or throw out the Kids and take the largest room as you music room ..I am Lucky to have a wife that said take any room you want for your music room .. I threw kids out pretty quick after that
What do you mean "THREW the kids out" ?:eek:o_O:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Lucky one got married at 22 and other one got thrown out at 21 for disrespecting his mother.. Yes I am that type of father …
I believe any 21 YR person who got thrown out of his parents' house probably deserves it. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Lucky one got married at 22 and other one got thrown out at 21 for disrespecting his mother.. Yes I am that type of father …
I told my wife that when my kids turn 18 (and are out of high school) they either need to be working and out of my house, or in college and out of my house.

Not to be mean, but at that point I'll have taught them what is expected of them. Time to be real adults like I did (sort of) at that age.

I'm not going to sue my 30 year old son so he gets out of my house...(in case you aren't aware)

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
I told my wife that when my kids turn 18 (and are out of high school) they either need to be working and out of my house, or in college and out of my house.

Not to be mean, but at that point I'll have taught them what is expected of them. Time to be real adults like I did (sort of) at that age.

I'm not going to sue my 30 year old son so he gets out of my house...(in case you aren't aware)
Pretty much the words out of my mouth... I gave you all you need to survive and I will not put up with disrespecting the one who put you on this planet … pack your @#$%^* or I will do it... .

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, that seems a bit drastic. o_O

Of course, I don't know the whole story there. Must be really bad for the parents.

I told my 2 daughters (15 and 16 YR) that they could stay with us forever, assuming they're not like those crazy entitled kids. :D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I think the important consideration is - your wife is that type of mother.
I have a friend who would like to push his adult kid out of the house, but he knows if he did, his wife would hate him for it!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

That is a good strategy to set the expectation beforehand! I assume you told the kids as well!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have a friend who would like to push his adult kid out of the house, but he knows if he did, his wife would hate him for it!
Yeah, like most guys, I know the boss of my family is my wife. :oops: :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That is a good strategy to set the expectation beforehand! I assume you told the kids as well!
Well, they are 1, 3, and 4 so I've got plenty of time before that conversation, but they'll be fully aware of what I expect well before the day comes.

It just needs to be known that they should at least have somewhat of an idea of what they're going to do with their life. Or things they'd like to try to help them figure that out.

It's not like I don't plan to help them, but me footing the entire bill because they don't feel like working won't happen.

I always wondered why my Dad wanted me to get a job in high school even though it really wasn't worth it money wise, I don't anymore.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, they are 1, 3, and 4
LOL.
:D

I can see your speech now given to your 1YR, 3YR, and 4YR ! :eek:

You: Alright, kids, I fully expect you to be fully independent and act like an adult and not disrespect your mother or me!

1YR: DADDA
3YR: Huh?
4YR: Say Wha?

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Thank's for the support guy's. And yes I am very lucky in the wife department. That's why I did not put up with the disrespect ..She was in tears and knew I was right .. His girlfriend turned him into a puppet and now she left him . he chose the wrong one to defend . I warned him several times . not like I just threw him out on his first time pissing me off.. Amazing the damage one women can do in one year.... Parting words from me to my son was
" By the time you realize that I am right it will be too late " I had 20 great years with him

Last edited:
DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Yeah, that seems a bit drastic. o_O

Of course, I don't know the whole story there. Must be really bad for the parents.

I told my 2 daughters (15 and 16 YR) that they could stay with us forever, assuming they're not like those crazy entitled kids. :D
Ohh by the way your system kicks ass .. very nice set up.. I would toe the fronts in 30 degrees from sweet spot . I did sweet spot at 2/3rds from front wall and dead center from left to right wall and tweets at ear level and fronts at 30degrees from sweet spot. sides at 120 degrees works for me … I am music only now If using a couch in sweet spot just mark with painters tape on floor. It leaves no glue I use it all the time

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ohh by the way your system kicks ass .. very nice set up.. I would toe the fronts in 30 degrees from sweet spot . I did sweet spot at 2/3rds from front wall and dead center from left to right wall and tweets at ear level and fronts at 30degrees for sweet spot. sides at 120 degrees works for me … I am music only now
Oh, yes, I actually did end up toeing the front L/R speakers in about 30 degrees. It definitely helped with the imaging big time.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

You know, when we were young you wanted a job at 16 (or earlier), so you could start saving up $ for your first car!

Kids nowadays, may not even get a drivers license until they are 19 or 20 o_Oo_Oo_O

So, that incentive for a job is gone too.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You know, when we were young you wanted a job at 16 (or earlier), so you could start saving up $ for your first car!

Kids nowadays, may not even get a drivers license until they are 19 or 20 o_Oo_Oo_O

That was the logic. I look at it as my kids will have their own money to spend instead of asking me...not that it would stop them.

They want something, they figure out a way to pay for it if I won't buy it for them. Plus, their first car will be what I call a "bumper car" that will be safe and cheap. Buying a 16 yo a nice new car just doesn't make sense to me unless it's cheap. I knew WAY too many people in high school that wrecked their cars the first year or two. Ain't happening.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
You know, when we were young you wanted a job at 16 (or earlier),so you could start saving up $ for your first car!

We couldn't wait to move out. I started moving out when I was 15. No dysfunction, or anything like that. Mom was just sort of poor and I wanted my own cool things so I went to work at age 15 for a concrete pouring crew digging footers, laying wire and rebar and form carpenter duties. Bought my first car and that was pretty much that. Ended up staying at older friends houses more and more until I didn't come home anymore.

Bought my first real sound system when I was about 19-20. The one I have now really is the last one I will need to own. Kind of hard in a way, when you are into DIY and work yourself out of projects too soon. Caught myself at diysoundgroup last night eyeing the Fusion-15 Sentinels. . . .hard. But then I would have to build even larger subs, and a larger room to put them in. So now I look at smaller audio projects like amps. I've been thru recorded music enough to know when it has gotten as good as it audibly can. I don't aim to nitpick my way through to some goal of audio nirvana as my ears slowly fade to cancel such gains as fast as I make them.

Last edited:
DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
We couldn't wait to move out. I started moving out when I was 15. No dysfunction, or anything like that. Mom was just sort of poor and I wanted my own cool things so I went to work at age 15 for a concrete pouring crew digging footers, laying wire and rebar and form carpenter duties. Bought my first car and that was pretty much that. Ended up staying at older friends houses more and more until I didn't come home anymore.

Bought my first real sound system when I was about 19-20. The one I have now really is the last one I will need to own. Kind of hard in a way, when you are into DIY and work yourself out of projects too soon. Caught myself at diysoundgroup last night eyeing the Fusion-15 Sentinels. . . .hard. But then I would have to build even larger subs, and a larger room to put them in. So now I look at smaller audio projects like amps. I've been thru recorded music enough to know when it has gotten as good as it audibly can. I don't aim to nitpick my way through to some goal of audio nirvana as my ears slowly fade to cancel such gains as fast as I make them.
Worked my ass off picking cardboard for recycling plant when 13 to buy my first system Pics bellow I still have the Ohms made a sound bar for TV down stairs out of the drivers and tweets... LMAO I rode dirt bike to work after school for 5 years.. Keep the DIY going

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis