}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Ok, so I've now got my dual Paradigm Defiance X12 subwoofers set up in my HT room. It's glorious. I went ahead and bought some KEF Q150 for my surrounds as well, and they sound really good (they were on sale, and I couldn't resist at the price they were selling for, especially based upon the research/reviews I'd read).

Next up are my L/C/R upgrades. I'm going with the Paradigm Premiere 800F for my L/R. My quandary is, do I add a 3rd 800F for my C, or do I go with the Paradigm 600C? I do plan on adding an acoustically transparent screen so that I can "hide" the center channel speaker.

Here's a side by side comparison of the 800F vs the 600C, both are the same price:

Thoughts? Comments? Any input greatly appreciated.

James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
I vote for another 800F. It is ideal to have same 3 speakers up front.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
If you have the space and can do matching Speakers across the front three, that is best. All 'true' Center Speakers are essentially flawed compromises thet are reflected in Dispersion and Dynamics. A matching Tower is far and away the better option. (IMO) :)

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
If you have the space and can do matching Speakers across the front three, that is best. All 'true' Center Speakers are essentially flawed compromises thet are reflected in Dispersion and Dynamics. A matching Tower is far and away the better option. (IMO) :)
Is the SS9C flawed as well? I love it, but still have little experience when compared to everyone else on the site.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is the SS9C flawed as well? I love it, but still have little experience when compared to everyone else on the site.
I'd bet most of the problems with the compromises made for placement have probably been worked out pretty well by Dennis? Still, I'd also vote foe a third tower if you have the ability to use one. As a tv guy I have compromises....

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I would look at the founders edition 70lcr for the center speaker

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
The 600c is a very good center speaker, however if you have the space a third 800f would be ideal. I was very close to ordering the 800fs....currently saving for the founder series. I finally found a dealer close to me but they said it will be a while before they'll get some for demos but I can order them anytime. Just a lot to spend on something you've never heard.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
The 600c is a very good center speaker, however if you have the space a third 800f would be ideal. I was very close to ordering the 800fs....currently saving for the founder series. I finally found a dealer close to me but they said it will be a while before they'll get some for demos but I can order them anytime. Just a lot to spend on something you've never heard.
The dealer where I bought the Defiance X12s from said they won't be getting any of the Founders series for at least a few months.

In the meantime, they're blowing out their stock of Prestige Series. But I was advised that the Premiere Series is actually better sounding than the Prestige. For now, and probably the foreseeable future, I think the Premiere Series will serve my needs. Unless I come into some money.(See below)

This isn't my only hobby. Or rather this is my newest one, and my wife is already not that impressed with my spending lol (and it's only been just under 5k of a planned 10~20k).

In my defense, I have simply saved the money and not put anything on credit cards etc, and I plan on keeping it that way.Though we are selling our second house currently, so I may have a little "mad" money to play with coming up soon...........;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis