Klipsch RP8000f's vs JBL studio 590's

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I guess it's for my benefit that the cherry finish isn't available in the US. House rules- no black towers in the living room! :D
Same rules for me, which I happen to agree with as it makes it easier, but more expensive, to live by :D

I've Canton Vento speakers in Cherry finish that looks great: https://www.canton.de/en/hifi/vento-series/vento-886.2-dc?number=03978

The center (same tweeter as front LR) and surround are older model Canton Vento but sadly the new models are only available in black or white :(

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Same rules for me, which I happen to agree with as it makes it easier, but more expensive, to live by :D

I've Canton Vento speakers in Cherry finish that looks great: https://www.canton.de/en/hifi/vento-series/vento-886.2-dc?number=03978

The center (same tweeter as front LR) and surround are older model Canton Vento but sadly the new models are only available in black or white :(
My best half loves the Applewood finish of my KEF setup, but since our next few years are going to consist of sell house> rent apartment > buy house, I'd rather sell my current surround set than have it in storage for so long.

I'm leaning towards simplifying to a 2.1 setup in the future with two large, high-WAF (i.e., not black) towers and a sub I can switch on for action movies. If I were shopping today top of my list would be Klipsch RP8000 or RF-7's, but who knows what will (or won't) be out there when the day comes. I wish Emotiva and SVS would make life easy and put out some towers in a prettier finish!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
My best half loves the Applewood finish of my KEF setup, but since our next few years are going to consist of sell house> rent apartment > buy house, I'd rather sell my current surround set than have it in storage for so long.

I'm leaning towards simplifying to a 2.1 setup in the future with two large, high-WAF (i.e., not black) towers and a sub I can switch on for action movies. If I were shopping today top of my list would be Klipsch RP8000 or RF-7's, but who knows what will (or won't) be out there when the day comes. I wish Emotiva and SVS would make life easy and put out some towers in a prettier finish!
My two subwoofers SVS SB-3000 have piano gloss black finish, though, but that worked out very well as one of them is out of sight and the other is quite unobtrusively placed in a corner. That said, a couple of PB16-Ultra, not so much even if they had cherry gloss finish like my Canton Vento speakers :)

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Okay really just got done with a critical music session I jammed these things out at all different levels I rocked them 2 channel stereo multichannel surround various formats

WOW.

These babies just rock. They are so good for music I loved them the most in 2 channel a real benchmark of me liking a speaker.

One thing that really stood out is the imaging and soundstage just like Klipsch they have this uncanny ability to lock in a center image the best I've heard even over the Klipsch in 2 channel. You could not tell the center tower was off even from 4 feet away.

My dad kept constantly putting his ear to it to see if it was off he thought that was so cool.

My mom hates our audio stuff but she was jamming out with us. That's a testament to how good they sound with music.

Highs amazing they passed my flute test with The Good Shephard the track from Kill Bill volume 1 at reference not many speakers have done that. Midrange great the bass amazing they do snare drums he'll any drums better then a lot I've heard even above there price point. Piano sounds the best I've heard in a long time I have heard better but at much higher price points

Instrument separation was excellent placement was good huge open soundstage they also put the soundstage behind the speakers which I love the most the Klipsch are more up front the best way I know to describe it is the Klipsch the band is five feet in front of you your right there live the JBL your back farther in the audience your still live just not right up close

Vocals were so good but they shine extra with female voices. Males sound very good BUT females sound SUPERB. And that ability to put the voice dead center in 2 channel. And that's with minimal toe in. That was super super cool.

Everyone has different preferences but I prefer the JBL sound stage with me seated a little farther back in the audience

There dynamics are simply stunning to say the least they can go from whisper quiet to impactful effortlessly.

Very fun to listen to in music especially 2 channel music. Hell they passed the mom test not many speakers have done that.

They are as people have mentioned just amazing for music.
Since the Klipsch RP-8000 is in discussion in another thread (5 speaker comparison),I thought I would bump the above post comparing the JBL 590 to the RP-8000!
Given that the JBL 590 often sell for $1000/pr, they make a compelling option for anyone trying to get great sound on a budget. I wouldn't be very quick to assume they would be a step down from any of the 5 speakers mentioned! It would be great if James could have included the 590 in his measurements, but I doubt we will see that.
Also, consider if you are in a smaller room and using a sub, the 530's will presumably be on sale around $300/pr periodically! They are absolutely not wimpy bookshelf speakers and won't give up much to their big (as in F'ing huge!) brothers unless you are running at high SPL, w/o a sub, and/or in a large room!

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Since the Klipsch RP-8000 is in discussion in another thread (5 speaker comparison),I thought I would bump the above post comparing the JBL 590 to the RP-8000!
Given that the JBL 590 often sell for $1000/pr, they make a compelling option for anyone trying to get great sound on a budget. I wouldn't be very quick to assume they would be a step down from any of the 5 speakers mentioned! It would be great if James could have included the 590 in his measurements, but I doubt we will see that.
Also, consider if you are in a smaller room and using a sub, the 530's will presumably be on sale around $300/pr periodically! They are absolutely not wimpy bookshelf speakers and won't give up much to their big (as in F'ing huge!) brothers unless you are running at high SPL, w/o a sub, and/or in a large room!
That would be a speaker I'd like to see reviewed for that post, particularly since they can be had for $1000/pr now and then but the list price puts them in that group as a competitor.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
That would be a speaker I'd like to see reviewed for that post, particularly since they can be had for $1000/pr now and then but the list price puts them in that group as a competitor.
Yeah, the 590 was the first thing I thought of as I was reading the article!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
KEW my brotha from anotha motha!!! Lol appreciate the rehit on this I still love my 590's and 580's!!!!

X

XTex

Audioholic Intern
A similar thread detailing a pretty comprehensive comparison of a number of speakers in that price range, including the 590s. To me, while not exactly the same structured reviews as Audioholics has assembled this shootout thread alongside AH provides a ton of info on some great speakers.

https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/av-nirvana-speaker-evaluation-event-tower-speakers-1200-or-less-results.1640/

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis