haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Do you think the Gallardo and the Blades has same owner: :p

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
It does look like the same color...but it's an Aventador, which is a little more pricey than the Gallardo :)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I rephrase my question: Do you think the Aventador and the Blades has same owner? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
If anyone wonders how the Blade's are inside, here's a cut-in-half version....

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I can't believe I just now realized the $30K KEF Blade has an F3 of only 40Hz. :eek:

Flagship Hi-Fi Speakers - BLADE - Fact Sheet - BLADE - BLADE TWO - KEF United States

For $30K and they can only go down to 40Hz?

And the $200K KEF Muon has a F3 of 25Hz.

Flagship Hi-Fi Speakers - Muon - Fact Sheet - Muon - Muon - KEF United States

Of course, bass isn't everything. But for $30K and especially $200K, I expect a lot more.
Of course,
I'd probably be ok with it if they measured +- .5 - 1db on axis, had ultra smooth off axis response, vertical and horizontal, and the distortion was vanishingly low at any volume I cared to play. If I had that kind of money, I'd neither need nor necessarily want my speakers handling the bass region below 40-80hz depending on how they interacted with the room they were in.

J

JonnyFive23517

Audioholic
I can't believe I just now realized the $30K KEF Blade has an F3 of only 40Hz. :eek:

Flagship Hi-Fi Speakers - BLADE - Fact Sheet - BLADE - BLADE TWO - KEF United States

For $30K and they can only go down to 40Hz?

And the $200K KEF Muon has a F3 of 25Hz.

Flagship Hi-Fi Speakers - Muon - Fact Sheet - Muon - Muon - KEF United States

Of course, bass isn't everything. But for $30K and especially $200K, I expect a lot more.
Of course,
That new $18k model is very shy on the bass as well. In my opinion, ridiculous. I guess I'm spoiled.

Also, in that cut in half blade picture...I see air core inductors and polypropelene caps (which is good), but are those long white things cheap sand cast resistors?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'd probably be ok with it if they measured +- .5 - 1db on axis, had ultra smooth off axis response, vertical and horizontal, and the distortion was vanishingly low at any volume I cared to play. If I had that kind of money, I'd neither need nor necessarily want my speakers handling the bass region below 40-80hz depending on how they interacted with the room they were in.
Too bad Stereophile and Soundstage have not measured the Blade or Muon.

But do you think you'll be able to actually hear the difference between +/-2dB vs +/-1dB vs +/-0.5dB? :D

The NHT Absolute Zero measures +/-0.9dB. :D

I certain don't think I hear any improvement at all going from +/-2.5dB (RBH SX-T1) to +/-1dB (KEF 201/2) or +/-0.9dB (NHT Absolute Zero). I actually think the +/-2.5dB RBH SX-T1 sound even clearer with more detail and resolution than both the 201/2 and Absolute Zero.

And how much volume do you need? :D

Well, anyway, we all have different perspectives, opinions, and priorities. ;)

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That new $18k model is very shy on the bass as well. In my opinion, ridiculous. I guess I'm spoiled.
You are spoiled if you can afford those speakers. ;)

But after experiencing many high-end speakers both personally and vicariously :D, I'm just not as enthusiastic as I once was. I guess I'm spoiled. :D

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Hey AcuDefTechGuy. Sorry for the off-topic post, but a potential buyer of my Phil 3's really liked the audio on your video about all the speakers you own. I didn't recognize it, although it sounds like a movie sound track. What is it, exactly>? Thanks!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hey AcuDefTechGuy. Sorry for the off-topic post, but a potential buyer of my Phil 3's really liked the audio on your video about all the speakers you own. I didn't recognize it, although it sounds like a movie sound track. What is it, exactly>? Thanks!
"Last of the Mohicans" soundtrack. First song is "The Kiss". Second song is "Main Theme".

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Too bad Stereophile and Soundstage have not measured the Blade or Muon.

But do you think you'll be able to actually hear the difference between +/-2dB vs +/-1dB vs +/-0.5dB? :D

The NHT Absolute Zero measures +/-0.9dB. :D

I certain don't think I hear any improvement at all going from +/-2.5dB (RBH SX-T1) to +/-1dB (KEF 201/2) or +/-0.9dB (NHT Absolute Zero). I actually think the +/-2.5dB RBH SX-T1 sound even clearer with more detail and resolution than both the 201/2 and Absolute Zero.

And how much volume do you need? :D

Well, anyway, we all have different perspectives, opinions, and priorities. ;)
Exactly, we all hear differently and there is no guarantee we always prefer speakers with flat frquency response. Another reason why it is so ridiculous for people to waste so much energy in bickering about well designed/built amps, its the speakers stupid.:D

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
you are spoiled if you can afford those speakers. ;)

but after experiencing many high-end speakers both personally and vicariously :d, i'm just not as enthusiastic as i once was. I guess i'm spoiled. :d
no, not you spoiled:d

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
no, not you spoiled:d
Quite possibly a tad bit, but don't we all deserve it? :D

IMO, you can only do so much with the midrange and treble - call it diminishing returns. Crystal clear sound. Ultra detail. You can hear everything, every word, every note, every instrument, every breath. 3-dimensional dynamic soundstage like real life sound. And while you're at, throw me some freaking awesome bass too. Don't skimp on me. Especially if I have to pay $30-freaking-thousand dollars. :eek: :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis