JD Vance and his military record

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Vance reportedly says that it's OK that Trump dodged with repeated medical deferments, whether for a real or made up condition, BECAUSE... Trump didn't lie about it after the fact.

Let's not forget too that Trump has (repeatedly) insulted POW/MIA and wounded Vets, specifically John McCain, along with allegedly doing so to all such members of our military... comments which have been corroborated by John Kelly and Gen. Milley.

*facepalm
I believe Trump wouldn't raise the flag during McCain's passing. It was likely because McCain didn't have kind things to say about him.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
I figured you'd go there. Vance didn't see war, either.:rolleyes:
I'm a USAF vet and wasn't deployed to a war zone. My dad and grandpa were also army vets. Still a vet and I could have been deployed at any time. Biden didn't serve but his son did. Nobody in Trumps sorry family has ever served a day in our military.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
LOL as if you have any clue what's in California aside from your tourist destinations.
FYI back in the early days of my work life my company(Gelco Rail) was Hdq in SF(50 California St) I spent time out there every qtr, loved the town back then. Fast forward to now, not so much. As for all of Ca 'greatness' , tell why so much exodus then ?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Drumphy knocking someone's military service.....riiiiight. What losers drumphy and shady are.....and every republican supporting them.
Its freaking unbelievable. No veteran should ever support Trump. Are you a loser or a sucker for having served? Trump prefers his war heroes not to have been captured. All from a guy with 5 questionable deferments. So sad that any Vet would ever support this guy.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yet another explanation of Walz:

Attacks on Tim Walz's military record distort retirement timeline (msn.com)

@davidscott Exactly. Yet there are some who drank the cool aid. They must like the flavor. :eek:
Its freaking unbelievable. No veteran should ever support Trump. Are you a loser or a sucker for having served? Trump prefers his war heroes not to have been captured. All from a guy with 5 questionable deferments. So sad that any Vet would ever support this guy.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
FYI back in the early days of my work life my company(Gelco Rail) was Hdq in SF(50 California St) I spent time out there every qtr, loved the town back then. Fast forward to now, not so much. As for all of Ca 'greatness' , tell why so much exodus then ?
I wouldn't call it an exodus, sounds like something Faux news would say. Seems its been going on a while, and better than the population continuing to grow....it was getting crowded by the time I left :). Economic and recreational reasons for me. This is an interesting article https://www.ppic.org/blog/whos-leaving-california-and-whos-moving-in/

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Agreed. But as a vet I just don't get it.
I don't get it either. 22 years and retired, doesn't get it either.
In today's climate of actual facts don't matter, it's not about whether you get it... it's about whether the dog whistle can be heard by those in the club. (You guys are not in the club.)
*shrugs
At least, as they keep trying to hammer this, it's only the members of the club that are biting. Nobody else gives a fcuk. And it's hurting their message outside of their club.
Needless to say, there are Vets who are in the club, too, and some of them are being used as mouthpieces to attempt amplifying this message... which still isn't gaining any traction.

And I thought they wanted to talk issues.
:rolleyes:

*watches The Orange One praise Musk for firing people...

Nope. Still not talking issues. Pulled a legal complaint for worker intimidation instead.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
In today's climate of actual facts don't matter, it's not about whether you get it... it's about whether the dog whistle can be heard by those in the club … (You guys are not in the club.)
I basically agree with you on this. But those in the club are only repeating the lies they hear from Trump or his designated MAGA political proxies, such as JD Vance. The club's rank & file accept all dog whistles aimed at them. But only after the MAGA candidates or proxies choose which dog whistle has 'grown legs' enough to spread widely through repetition.

In 1994 when Bill Clinton had been president for 2 years, the GOP won control of the House of Representatives. Newt Gingrich became Speaker of the House. His strategy was to create a flood of big whopper lies that might disable Clinton's presidency. He wanted to see which big whoppers got repeated, and then continued to repeat them again & again. The public got so used to hearing these lies that they eventually accepted them. Trump and his MAGA crowd are simply following Gingrich's big lie strategy.

Sometime during the mid 1990s, Bill Clinton replaced his Press Secretary or Chief of Staff (?) with a more aggressive spokesman. (I also don't remember who that was. Maybe Mike McCarry?) This new guy understood how to disarm those frequent lies – with a rapid flurry of refutals & denials. Their method worked because Gingrich & the GOP dropped the lie as soon as it became clear that it would never 'grow legs'. And they came up with more & more big lies.

That GOP strategy was only neutralized by the Democratic Party's rapid response against them. It helped if the response sounded outraged by the original lie. Their previous strategy had failed. Appealing to logic & common decency only worked within the Democratic Party.

There's nothing new in politics :).

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
In ot
I basically agree with you on this. But those in the club are only repeating the lies they hear from Trump or his designated MAGA political proxies, such as JD Vance. The club's rank & file accept all dog whistles aimed at them. But only after the MAGA candidates or proxies choose which dog whistle has 'grown legs' enough to spread widely through repetition.

In 1994 when Bill Clinton had been president for 2 years, the GOP won control of the House of Representatives. Newt Gingrich became Speaker of the House. His strategy was to create a flood of big whopper lies that might disable Clinton's presidency. He wanted to see which big whoppers got repeated, and then continued to repeat them again & again. The public got so used to hearing these lies that they eventually accepted them. Trump and his MAGA crowd are simply following Gingrich's big lie strategy.

Sometime during the mid 1990s, Bill Clinton replaced his Press Secretary or Chief of Staff (?) with a more aggressive spokesman. (I also don't remember who that was. Maybe Mike McCarry?) This new guy understood how to disarm those frequent lies – with a rapid flurry of refutals & denials. Their method worked because Gingrich & the GOP dropped the lie as soon as it became clear that it would never 'grow legs'. And they came up with more & more big lies.

That GOP strategy was only neutralized by the Democratic Party's rapid response against them. It helped if the response sounded outraged by the original lie. Their previous strategy had failed. Appealing to logic & common decency only worked within the Democratic Party.

There's nothing new in politics :).
In other news...
Conservatives exhibit greater metacognitive inefficiency, study finds (psypost.org)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Study confirmed in this forum! :D

>>>A new study published in the Journal of Experimental Psychology: General reveals an asymmetry in how people across the political spectrum perceive their ability to detect misinformation. While both liberals and conservatives show some awareness of their ability to judge the accuracy of political information, conservatives exhibit a notable weakness when faced with information that contradicts their political beliefs.

In other words, when confronted with news that goes against their political views, conservatives’ confidence in their judgments does not align well with their actual accuracy. This mismatch, or “metacognitive inefficiency,” suggests that conservatives are less aware of when they are wrong when the information contradicts their ideological commitments. ...<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
… In other words, when confronted with news that goes against their political views, conservatives’ confidence in their judgments does not align well with their actual accuracy. This mismatch, or “metacognitive inefficiency,” suggests that conservatives are less aware of when they are wrong when the information contradicts their ideological commitments.
The next time you argue with a MAGA believer, feel free to inform him of his "metacognitive inefficiency". Please let us know how well that works!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The next time you argue with a MAGA believer, feel free to inform him of his "metacognitive inefficiency". Please let us know how well that works!
Do note that "metacognitive inefficiency" was written about in the last sentence in the second paragraph in my quote from the linked article. I'm not sure they would get past the second sentence in the first paragraph.

Edit: In a more uplifting tone there is this YouTube clip from the conservative (former) Republican George Conway's site Anti-Psychopath Political Action Comittee published four weeks ago (before Biden dropping out).

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
That report of poll data confirms what we already suspected was true. I like that the poll data seemed to be collected with valid scientific & statistical methods. But it's funny because it fails to convince the MAGA crowd – only the anti-MAGA crowd.
Nothing will convince the MAGA crowd, maybe one or two here and there. That is why it is a cult. If the leader can convince followers to drink this cool aid as ....whatever, and they drink it no matter what, it is a lost cause.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis