J

jsf0656

Audioholic
i recently picked up some JBL 530s refurbished from the harmon website for $199. i sold my JBL studio 230s. they were great but these 530s are much better to my ears. better soundstage and sound more spacious. i am loving them. next i want to get a second SVS SB2000 to improve my listening space. do i need to recalibrate my yamaha with the room correction mic? i have lost my original mic and can you still purchase one?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Probably not a big difference for 2.1 in terms of need to rerun YPAO, maybe just delete the last YPAO run and set it up manually? If you want to get a mic ebay usually has something....maybe even Yamaha.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
i recently picked up some JBL 530s refurbished from the harmon website for $199. i sold my JBL studio 230s. they were great but these 530s are much better to my ears. better soundstage and sound more spacious. i am loving them. next i want to get a second SVS SB2000 to improve my listening space. do i need to recalibrate my yamaha with the room correction mic? i have lost my original mic and can you still purchase one?
A friend of mine sat in on my nearfield setup, exclaimed, "Now this is worth doing" and went out and bought a pair of Studio 530s and a pair of RSL Speedwoofers. I must admit, he has created a potent experience with that desktop affair.

Last edited:
J

jsf0656

Audioholic
well i got a great deal for the 230s but this deal was a no brainer for me. the 530s have been everything that i have heard and read about and couldnt pass up. now that i have a second SVS SB2000 coming....i cant wait!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A friend of mine sat in on my nearfield setup, exclaimed, "Now this is worth doing" and went out and bought a pair of Studio 530s and a pair of REL Speedwoofers. I must admit, he has created a potent experience with that desktop affair.
RSL Speedwoofers?

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
lovinthehd, i purchased the SVS SB2000 on the outlet deal at SVS. since i have the SB2000 pro already, how should i set the initial settngs on the volume and phase. i will set the crossover at 80 like the pro but where should i start to dial it in at to better match the pro?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
lovinthehd, i purchased the SVS SB2000 on the outlet deal at SVS. since i have the SB2000 pro already, how should i set the initial settngs on the volume and phase. i will set the crossover at 80 like the pro but where should i start to dial it in at to better match the pro?
Depends where you'll locate them to an extent as well as what you have in the way of bass management....

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
they are going to be on either side of the tv/fireplace and in between the left and right speaker. my seating distance is about 15ft away and i have a cathedral ceiling. the living room opening into the dining room. probably about a 25ftx15ft overall. BTW i have a 2 channel setup and i have the JBL 530s set to small in the yamaha rxv475. this is how i had it with just the SB2000 pro>

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The phase likely will be set same but since that's just polarity, just check to see if flipping one from 0 to 180 helps or not. Don't know if volume/gain controls are equivalent between the two models, maybe test the subs for equal volume (spl meter app?) before running YPAO (and I'd aim at 75dB for setup).

ps I may be assuming too much about phase adjustability being limited to a polarity flip from 0 to 180 degrees, didn't check what is particularly available on these

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis