JBL studio 580s on sale $329 free ship!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not quite as good as the deal I got a while back but pretty good. (got a pair for $518 delivered two years ago) Maybe trade war difference :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Not quite as good as the deal I got a while back but pretty good. (got a pair for $518 delivered two years ago) Maybe trade war difference :)
Man my deal was not quiet as good as yours I got a pair for $593 shipped! They gave me a loyal customer discount! :D

I'm going to go 5.2.4 in the new theater room so 3 590's in the front with 2 580's as my surrounds should be epic! :eek:

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Man my deal was not quiet as good as yours I got a pair for $593 shipped! They gave me a loyal customer discount! :D

I'm going to go 5.2.4 in the new theater room so 3 590's in the front with 2 580's as my surrounds should be epic! :eek:
I would love to see some pics of the 590 vs. 580 side-by-side and in-room. I'm trying to get a feel for the size difference.

EDIT: If there is any chance you have an Infinity Primus 363, I would love to see pics of that in the mix too. That's what I have in my L/R right now.

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
I would not mind 3 590s in the front either lol, 100w per enough you think?

I’d have to redo my whole TV setup for the center tho.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They're relatively sensitive (590 is rated at 92dB, third party test put it at 90 but noted as over a wider range than most speaker manufacturers use) and I think would be just fine with 100wpc altho if you want to crank it up.....

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I would love to see some pics of the 590 vs. 580 side-by-side and in-room. I'm trying to get a feel for the size difference.

EDIT: If there is any chance you have an Infinity Primus 363, I would love to see pics of that in the mix too. That's what I have in my L/R right now.
I will for sure when they arrive set them up so you can check out the size difference

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I would not mind 3 590s in the front either lol, 100w per enough you think?

I’d have to redo my whole TV setup for the center tho.
Like lovin said they are good sensitivity so I think you'll have no issues driving these. I never had to come close to pushing them anywhere near hard to get them to sound great

I also owned the Klipsch RP8000f's another excellent speaker and Shady in his review measured them at 92db and when I AB'd the JBL vs the Klipsch they were identical on level matching so if they are not 92db sensitive they are not very far off

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic

Saw this picture when I was researching the 580:

The 580 is not a small speaker, but it looks tiny compared to those 590s :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Saw this picture when I was researching the 580:

The 580 is not a small speaker, but it looks tiny compared to those 590s :)
I'd bet the center speaker is the 570 with 5-1/4" drivers, not the 580 with 6-1/2" drivers!
https://www.jbl.com/STUDIO+570BK.html

Generally, the 570 seems to have fallen into obscurity, and I can't think of much reason for it other than, perhaps, as a concession to WAF!

@slipperybidness , to my eye, the 570 comes off as being a little too petite and cute to be taken serious (although I bet it sounds fine with the right sub complement - the compression horn tweeter will certainly not be meek!).
The 580 is about what you (or at least I) would expect out of a solid tower, and the 590 has that extra size to suggest thoroughly competent muscle to do anything you ask.

I honestly don't think the performance, if well matched to a sub would vary too much between these 3 speakers, but the visual assessment of them is pretty substantial and I suspect I (if not you) would be inclined to hear more difference than really exists in a sighted comparison. Like I say, the compression horn tweeter is going to give even the littlest model a lot of "get up and go"!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd bet the center speaker is the 570 with 5-1/4" drivers, not the 580 with 6-1/2" drivers!
https://www.jbl.com/STUDIO+570BK.html

Generally, the 570 seems to have fallen into obscurity, and I can't think of much reason for it other than, perhaps, as a concession to WAF!

@slipperybidness , to my eye, the 570 comes off as being a little too petite and cute to be taken serious (although I bet it sounds fine with the right sub complement - the compression horn tweeter will certainly not be meek!).
The 580 is about what you (or at least I) would expect out of a solid tower, and the 590 has that extra size to suggest thoroughly competent muscle to do anything you ask.

I honestly don't think the performance, if well matched to a sub would vary too much between these 3 speakers, but the visual assessment of them is pretty substantial and I suspect I (if not you) would be inclined to hear more difference than really exists in a sighted comparison. Like I say, the compression horn tweeter is going to give even the littlest model a lot of "get up and go"!
What I noticed was the top of the speaker in the center as to where it lines up with the CD on the 590.....looks right to me and just glanced at the height of the 570 which is 34 inches vs the 42 of the 580 then I got up and tape measured and pretty sure that's a 580 in the middle :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for the correction!
I just scaled it off my screen and you are right!
Wow! Those 590's are BIG!
So I guess my revised message is that the 580's only look that small because the 590 are huge!
My 580's just don't look anywhere near so small as that photo with the 590's make them look!

When I look at that picture, the smaller speaker (in the context of the 590), it looks like the driver might be 4" and certainly no larger than 5-1/4. Recognizing that they are 6.5" drivers makes you realize they simply are not so tiny as they seem in this photo!

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I just scaled it off my screen and you are right!
Wow! Those 590's are BIG!
So I guess my revised message is that the 580's only look that small because the 590 are huge!
My 580's just don't look anywhere near so small as that photo with the 590's make them look!
Yeah I was actually a bit disappointed that the 580s were so much smaller :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah I was actually a bit disappointed that the 580s were so much smaller :)
I would love to see a shot of the 570 in the same photo. It must look like a one of those 3" wide HTiB "towers" in comparison, LOL!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis