JBL studio 580s on sale $329 free ship!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I would love to see a shot of the 570 in the same photo. It must look like a one of those 3" wide HTiB "towers" in comparison, LOL!
Unfortunately, the 590 is a little closer (and the 580's are on ~2" platforms), but this offers a little more perspective!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'd bet the center speaker is the 570 with 5-1/4" drivers, not the 580 with 6-1/2" drivers!
https://www.jbl.com/STUDIO+570BK.html

Generally, the 570 seems to have fallen into obscurity, and I can't think of much reason for it other than, perhaps, as a concession to WAF!

@slipperybidness , to my eye, the 570 comes off as being a little too petite and cute to be taken serious (although I bet it sounds fine with the right sub complement - the compression horn tweeter will certainly not be meek!).
The 580 is about what you (or at least I) would expect out of a solid tower, and the 590 has that extra size to suggest thoroughly competent muscle to do anything you ask.

I honestly don't think the performance, if well matched to a sub would vary too much between these 3 speakers, but the visual assessment of them is pretty substantial and I suspect I (if not you) would be inclined to hear more difference than really exists in a sighted comparison. Like I say, the compression horn tweeter is going to give even the littlest model a lot of "get up and go"!
I'm kind of limited in my space for my L/R with my current setup.

My infinity P363 fits in there fine, and I could likely go a little larger, but the JBL 590 just may not do. I mean, they would likely fit, but I may not have much breathing room on either side.

I gave it a good go with the 363 as mains in the L/R, but they just don't produce the sound quality that we are used to. To the point, even the wife noticed and is not satisfied (as compared to the GE T2).

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm kind of limited in my space for my L/R with my current setup.

My infinity P363 fits in there fine, and I could likely go a little larger, but the JBL 590 just may not do. I mean, they would likely fit, but I may not have much breathing room on either side.

I gave it a good go with the 363 as mains in the L/R, but they just don't produce the sound quality that we are used to. To the point, even the wife noticed and is not satisfied (as compared to the GE T2).
Yeah, I was reflecting on the 590 - thinking about maybe getting a pair after they next go on sale. But now that I know just how big they are, I realize they would look fine in my LR, but in the converted guest/listening room (a BR by house plan) they would just be ridiculously "super-sized". It is not often that I rationalize my way out of upgrading, but in this case, I will just continue to enjoy my 580's! I use them with a subwoofer and certainly don't have use for higher SPL!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, I was reflecting on the 590 - thinking about maybe getting a pair after they next go on sale. But now that I know just how big they are, I realize they would look fine in my LR, but in the converted guest/listening room (a BR by house plan) they would just be ridiculously "super-sized". It is not often that I rationalize my way out of upgrading, but in this case, I will just continue to enjoy my 580's! I use them with a subwoofer and certainly don't have use for higher SPL!
I've taken a huge compromise and simplified my living room. 2.0 channel. :eek:

I don't even really have a good place for my F15HP. But I may try to work that in somewhere.

On the other hand, I did move up the video to 65" LG OLED :cool:

The big tradeoff is because I now have a room where I can do a dedicated 5.1 eventually.

For a couple of months, I thought the 363 were gonna be fine for us in there. After about 6 months, they just don't quite cut it. I just want a little better imaging/dialogue, and a little more punch in the gut!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not with the grills off so much....and definitely not with goofy cables/lifters connecting them! Also wonder why they're so close together in that photo....
Agreed. With the grilles looks a lot nicer to me.

Again with these JBL 5** series. I'd love to hear them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis