JBL Releases Updated Iconic JBL L100 Speakers

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think the HDI series looks very impressive, but not sure what you mean. How does it adapt to stereo or multichannel more than other speakers? Just wondering what you mean.
The series has a center channel speaker, towers, subwoofer, and a bookshelf speaker to make a nice surround sound package for about $10,000.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, more revival of old speaker models, interesting all the variations of the 4312.....

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
The series has a center channel speaker, towers, subwoofer, and a bookshelf speaker to make a nice surround sound package for about $10,000.
10 grand for a knock off klipsch set up with jbl drivers ? I wouldn’t buy that unless I had a good job, which those all got shipped to China , Vietnam and Asian countries. I love the style of these speakers but golden ear or svs probably way better .

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
10 grand for a knock off klipsch set up with jbl drivers ? I wouldn’t buy that unless I had a good job, which those all got shipped to China , Vietnam and Asian countries. I love the style of these speakers but golden ear or svs probably way better .

Tesla spoken to them

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Tesla spoken to them
Lol. You ARE a newb...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

Tesla spoken to them
This is not a well thought out opinion. JBL's stuff is very good and very different from Klipsch. I would definitely go with JBL HDI over Golden Ear. SVS makes good stuff, but their speakers are probably not quite on the level of these HDI speakers either.

S

sterling shoote

Tesla spoken to them
Probably way better? That's an very uniformed opinion, revealed by knowledge that the JBL HDI Series does not ship until next month. In other words, neither you or even highly credentialed reviewers have had an opportunity to review these speakers. And, one more thing, the technology applied to the HDI Series is not a knock off of Klipsch design. Both manufacturers use common and divergent technologies to realize design objectives. Now, about you not having a good job, that's of your own making.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL Klipsch better than JBL....I don't think so in general up to now.....under Samsung ownership and the evisceration of much of the design group perhaps that will show up more in the future, perhaps not with new blood, but Klipsch concentrates more on their BB offerings it seems in any case. Maybe comparable in some of their lower consumer level offerings, but think overall JBL has quite the lead on Klipsch these days. Show me anything from Klipsch that approaches the Everest 67000 or M2.....

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic

Tesla spoken to them
Noob, you really have got to cut back on the weed intake !
I'm sure by now, mom's getting real tired of the smell and your brain cells could use some time to rejuvenate them selves. Like 7 yrs worth of time. :eek:

S

Sleqzypig

Audioholic Intern
I have to be honest these things are really ugly. Still if they sound great then who cares but yeah they look bland with the grills off and gaudy with them on.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have to be honest these things are really ugly. Still if they sound great then who cares but yeah they look bland with the grills off and gaudy with them on.
Ah, not so bad with the black grill.

S

Sleqzypig

Audioholic Intern
Ah, not so bad with the black grill.
Yeah that would be better but still if I am spending that kind of cash on speakers I want something that both sounds and looks good. I prefer the look of Martin Logans to these. I own klipch speakers and they are hideous but the price was right and the sound is excellent for the money but they are tacky with the orange drivers.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Noob, you really have got to cut back on the weed intake !
I'm sure by now, mom's getting real tired of the smell and your brain cells could use some time to rejuvenate them selves. Like 7 yrs worth of time. :eek:
Any reason these jbl are 10k ? How can anyone afford them just ceos and doctors ?
Great time to be broke look at this lol
Jbl is a classic brand but I doubt these sound good enough to compete with other speakers in the same price range.
However they look spectacular and I only wish I could afford something good and or be able to hear a pair someday when I get a car that works .

Tesla spoken to them

S

sterling shoote

Any reason these jbl are 10k ? How can anyone afford them just ceos and doctors ?
Jbl is a classic brand but I doubt these sound good enough to compete with other speakers in the same price range.
However they look spectacular and I only wish I could afford something good and or be able to hear a pair someday when I get a car that works .

Tesla spoken to them
$10,000 is about what a 5.1system from the HDI series would cost consisting of TOTL front floor standing speakers, bookshelf surrounds, center, and active subwoofer. These speakers are the most affordable line of speakers from JBL Synthesis.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
So, just because you don't think you can ever afford a $10k JBL 5.1 system you assume it is crap? Then you salivate over some speakers without much info on them in FB marketplace...

You talk so much for someone who hasn't heard 98% of the speakers out there...

Edit: You don't need to be a ceo or doctor to afford these. There are plenty of speakers that cost more than a new car or house out there. In fact, you can easily spend more than 10k for just the front stage.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Duhlquist? At first I thought there was yet another hilariously-named white van scam speaker brand.

Disappointed to see that it's just some idiot who can't spell.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Duhlquist? At first I thought there was yet another hilariously-named white van scam speaker brand.

Disappointed to see that it's just some idiot who can't spell.

I don’t know anything about those speakers , they just look high end .

I think the jbl cinema speakers with the horn tweeters look better then these . But if they were affordable I’d say they are very nice if your rich go buy a pair . And a 20k projector but finding a job we’re I live is similar to trying to hint snow ️ leopards or yetis in the wild in foot .

Tesla spoken to them

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
$10,000 is about what a 5.1system from the HDI series would cost consisting of TOTL front floor standing speakers, bookshelf surrounds, center, and active subwoofer. These speakers are the most affordable line of speakers from JBL Synthesis.
I’ve been squirreling away for some revels, or kef R series or maybe monitors golds etc. However I’m pretty excited about thes HDI’s. I also think they look really nice,
If not unique even. Haven’t read about the sub but it’s probably not too compelling. Those towers though....mmmmmmm.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
So, just because you don't think you can ever afford a $10k JBL 5.1 system you assume it is crap? Then you salivate over some speakers without much info on them in FB marketplace...

You talk so much for someone who hasn't heard 98% of the speakers out there...

Edit: You don't need to be a ceo or doctor to afford these. There are plenty of speakers that cost more than a new car or house out there. In fact, you can easily spend more than 10k for just the front stage.
Yeah I guess you do still gotta find a upper middle class jobs because the middle class went extinct like 10 -25 years ago .

Yeah your right but every year there is less and less jobs , higher population. Artificial intelligence coming , but I won’t talk about it unless here’s a off topic spot in forums .

You do need to be rich to afford the higher higher end stuff though I’ve seen some pairs of speakers go for millions , the ultra fancy’s things .
Congratulations to anyone who can get a high end speaker new . Don’t mean to knock anyone off or offend anyone .

Maybe I need to just do some research before I go putting up a link to a knock off of one the old elite speakers the vandersteens.

I do know that I don’t have anything high end . That’s a fact !

Tesla spoken to them

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis